South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 08:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Blue Moon Weekend - July 31 & August 1

So what are you going to do for "once in a blue moon"? I'm going to sit down with a coffee and read and ignore all my To Do List stuff! What I really want to do is eat something naughty but this month has been full of deviations.

We are drowning! Huge t-storms last evening and again early this morning. The Girls went out for potty at 5:30 and came in looking like black squishy sponges! They gurgled when they walked! The great thing is that they were so wet, there was no mud - just clear water to mop up.

Today will be a quiet day as I have absolutely no MUST DO stuff for a change. I may work on the script for the Temperance Preacher and catch up on emails. Of course, it's a long weekend in Ontario and I may be invaded by relatives up to the cottages.

I bought The South Beach Cookbook this week and will do something out of it for dinner. I have chicken. Any suggestions?

What is on your plate for the day?
Old 07-31-2004, 08:05 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Last Day of July...weekend Beach Chat

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Sitting here drinking iced coffee and chatting with some friends online. Dh is getting up to clean the carpet in DD's old room. It's all painted and BIL is preparing to move in tomorrow.

Today is our Tax Holiday weekend. The retailers are hoping everyone will empty their pockets loading up on back-to-school stuff.

I'm hoping to get out and find a bargain on walking/work shoes. I need a couple pair but will survive with one if need be. I could use another set of scrubs and some socks/bras/undies too, but I fear I'm too purse poor for all of it.

So, what's everyone's weekend plans?

Mamacita
Old 07-31-2004, 08:08 AM   #3  

Good morning, Ruth, we must have been posting around the same time. Can you do your moderator magic and make one out of two?

Mamacita
Old 07-31-2004, 08:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tee-hee! Already done!
Good morning, Mamacita. It sounds like things are pretty busy at your house.
Could someone tell me how to make iced coffee? Sounds silly but I've only had it once in my life and loved it!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:15 AM   #5  

Good morning, Ruth, I cheat and use instant. I just heat a few tablespoons of water in a microwave cup. Add 1 tsp of instant coffee and stir til dissolved. Then I fill the cup 2/3 full with nonfat milk, add Splenda to taste and add ice to the top.

Pretty simple, really.

Mamacita
Old 07-31-2004, 08:21 AM   #6  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good mornin all!

Thanks to everyone's kind responses to my "newbie" post. I've finished reading the book, but found the foods list in the FAQ section more help. I'm calling today "ground zero." I've been sitting outside, enjoying the AZ morning before the heat becomes unbearable, drinking my java and contemplating my ever-widening navel. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later....
Old 07-31-2004, 08:23 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning.

I am going to be helping a friend move today - if I can be dragged away from my new computer

I guess that is what I am doing "once in a blue moon" -- helping someone rather than sleeping!!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:27 AM   #8  

Good morning, Spedmom and Jenne~~

Spedmom, I'm so jealous! I'm stuck here in the sweltering south and I'm a natural born desert rat (from southern California). Wanna trade places????

Mamacita
Old 07-31-2004, 08:50 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well gee, for my "once in a blue moon," I'm working. Imagine that. DF woke up at 3am because he had a bad dream. When I asked what it was about, he said aliens from the movie "Signs." Now, it's an excellent movie, but I warned him not to watch it before bed. So he woke me up with his "I hadda bad dreaaaaaam" at 3:15. We don't even need to have children. I have the biggest baby of them all already!

Heehee, I just said "Mornin Baby" and he went *growl.* Men just crack me up sometimes.

I really don't want to go to work today. After work, I have to go shopping for mom's birthday. She's always the hardest one to shop for. "I don't want anything" or "I have enough perfume and jewelry and anything else you may think to get me." "All I want is socks and underwear." FOR CRYING OUT LOUD MOM, GIVE ME AN IDEA.

Well, I'd better get in the shower.....talk to you ladies later this evening!

Love,
Old 07-31-2004, 09:01 AM   #10  

Good Morning Ruth, Mama, Spedmom, Jenne, and Weezle!

My coffee is still brewing, so I am a bit groggy.

Ruth I am SO proud of you not having a To Do list for the day! One of my favorite recipes from the SBD cookbook is the Chicken Capri. It is super easy and tasty. The Carribean Baked Chicken with Mango is yummy as well. I think that Laurie has made and likes Oven Fried Chicken with Almonds.

Weezle Sorry you have to work today. You certainly have a great work ethic! Would your mom enjoy a massage or a manicure/pedicure gift certificate?

Spedmom Nice to "meet" you! Jump on in and post, we are a lively crew.

I need to go to school today and get some work done, but think I am going to wait until tomorrow. I had very little time to enjoy DD this last week and we need some girl time together! She is still snoring in her bed, so I know she is wiped out from being awoken at 6:00 several mornings this past week.

Have a super day everyone- make it OP!! Today is the start of Day 5 for me.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:56 AM   #11  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

At work this AM, came onto a mess. A police officer rolled a car on the way to an accident. Original accident OK, police officer messed up. Car absolutely totalled. Officer will be fine. Hopefully this isn't a glimmer of things to come. Worst doc on the planet today, don't want to have an ER full of people and the doc that works at a snails pace.

So this month is over, can't believe it. The next thing you know we'll be hearing Christmas Carols!

Went to the hills to huckleberry yesterday after work. Got about 1/2 gallon, yummy! There's not a better flavor in the world. Huckleberry milkshakes, muffins, homemade ice cream, cheesecake..............you name it, it's wonderful. Of course, I eat them in my 7 grain oatmeal with a little skim milk.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Wear your seatbelts.....I could be your nurse!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #12  

Good Morning! I stayed up late playing Monopoly with DS and DH. I got slaughtered. Now I am trying to get Brian to write his Thank You notes for his birthday party from two weeks ago. He passed his Level 2 swimming class last night! He even did great going off the diving board and slide!

We're heading off to the nursery this morning. I'm adding some small vegetable beds and going to convert one big wide one back into grass. Brian will help and can earn a cub scout elective.

Kiko, I'm going to send you a PM. I've got a question about teaching in the Dallas area.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:54 PM   #13  
Faith in me

Hello Ladies!

Well I have decided on something I will get myself once I get to my goal...it might seem silly...but I'm gonna get myself the first 4 seasons of Avonlea on Dvd...I loooooooooooved that show when it was on...and they don't sell it in the US....well at least not here in VA....so when I get to my goal I will go on ebay and get it...unless of course I happen to take a trip of to Canada! My little brother got on my nerves today.....but I think it's only cuz Tom may be arriving soon.....Good news! I tried on a bunch of old clothes the other night...and some are VERY loose....I even tried on my old prom dress...I LOVE that dress it's a strapless red gown....well it almost fit....and I tried on dresses I haven't been able to wear in ages and they fit!! YAY!...Today my mom bought me a new outfit for vacation...it's very cute..Capri's that are very colorful...red, lime green, yellow, black and white....I never would have worn this before because I thought I'd look horrible in them...but they're really cute! I hope you guys are having a WONDERFUL weekend....The moon last night was BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:50 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I love having a computer and being able to update!!!!

I helped the friedn move AND I went to the gym. Bad eating today, but oh well. Will start again tomorrow. Perhaps a Phase 1 again???

I am loathing weighing in tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:46 AM   #15  

Happy Sunday morning chickies!

Jenne You CAN do this!!!!

History I don't think your goal weight treat sounds silly at all. We need to reward ourselves.

DH had to work late to get end of month inventory done. As soon as he wakes up I am heading to school for a few hours of uninterrupted work. I should be able to get quite a bit done since not many people will be around on a Sunday.

Had one of my stupid munch binges last night at about 10:00. Good thing we don't have much if any junk food in the house......

Have a super day!
Closed Thread