South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #16  

Wow! This place is always so hoppin' by the time I poke in here. I am going on a little vacation this weekend, too. I can't remember everyone yet, but it sounds like several people are traveling. I've already mapped out the restaurants that I'm able to eat at. The hardest part isn't ordering the right food, its not eating the bread put in front of me, having a few glasses of wine, and refusing to even look at the dessert menu.

Well its day 5 and OP for me. I did The New York City Ballet Workout yesterday for an hour. I forgot how much I enjoyed that video. I already feel longer, tighter, and more ballerina-like.

Happy Friday everyone, and have a great weekend wherever you are!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:31 PM   #17  

Meredith -
Last night we ate at Outback. They brought bread, we turned it away. They tried to bring it again, we said no thank you.

Another person saw us and said, Oh let me bring you bread.

I think some restraunts love to give you that bread!

We keep it off the table completely.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:33 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, my. I DID go back to bed. I slept for three hours until noon! How embarrassing.

You girls all have SUCH exciting lives compared to me.

Clovey, don't fret about that weight gain... I'll bet a lot of it is water retention.

Overfedup, congratulations on being in Onederland!! Listen, hon, the trouble with mentioning everyone is that you inadvertently miss half the people and end up offending/alienating them. Maybe I'll try again next week.

Pebbles, you're living in a HOTEL while having your renovations done!?!? You lucky girl, you.

Dyna, I'm glad you're feeling better. Yes, it's BEAUTIFUL out!! I think I'll put on some big boots and go and stand in the backyard for a moment...
Old 02-27-2004, 12:39 PM   #19  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh Eliss I'm jelous! I stayed up today but long for a nice nap. I like to turn on my fireplace and nap in the living room. It's nice and cozy. I should take a nap since I am driving to my Mom's this evening. DH wants me to wait til he gets home and he will be late of course! I'm going to see Tha Passion tomorrow with a girl I went to church with when I lived up there. I was just going for the day tomorrow but then thought hey why not go spend the night with my Dear Mother as well! Hope everyone has a great rest of the OP day!

Clovey don't sweat it. They always say to only weigh on one set of scales I'm sure the one at home is wrong! If it ain't we are gonna say it is anyway!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 02-27-2004 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #20  

Ellis -
Don't get too excited. It was for one night when they did the nasty coating on the floor. We hotwired the hotel and it was $32/night. Let's just say that it was definitely a $32 room, and the continental breakfast as all off limits.

We just miss the dog tons - we board her at this amazing kennel, but somehow it just seems so weird when she isn't the first one up in the morning.

On a side note I"M doing the renovations. My DH and I gutted the cabinets, trim, and 1 side of the kitchen's sofet. We finish gutting this weekend, and go to order cabinets on Saturday.

I Wish we were checking into the ritz and I just had to labor over paint chips, but I'm not soooo lucky.

Bamie - Please give us your feedback on the movie - I can't wait to see it, but with all the other plates spinning I don't forsee sitting in a movie for a few hours fitting into the remodeling.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:47 PM   #21  

Hi everyone, boy am I late checking in. I'm new at this. Monday was my first day and so far so good. I think I can handle this.

Oh, and I joined Curves today. I'm looking forward to doing it again on Monday.

Good luck to everyone over the weekend. Stay strong and keep the faith!
Old 02-27-2004, 03:50 PM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just poping in for a few minutes. DH stayed home to spend the day with me. We just got back from seeing The Passion~spiritually uplifting, gut twisting,tearful, hard to sit through at times but glad that I did. Take tissues with you.
Dh bought the Kitchen Aid mixer that I have been wanting but what can I mix that is allowed in Phase 1 of SB?

Pebbles, I'll email you this evening with the info you asked about.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:44 PM   #23  

Height: 5'-2"

Bamie, I'm jealous of your fireplace! Enjoy your weekend.

Glad you're doing well, Kd!

Sil... I'm torn... I want to see it, but I don't. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Listen, the Kitchen Aid is USELESS! Give it to me.

I'm just having my morning coffee. Maybe I'll stay up late and clean the house.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:58 PM   #24  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Don't be jealous Ellis come on down I'll share! It took me a long time to get gas logs. In our other house I begged for them dh kept sayin no he likes wood. I do to but I was the one buildin all the fires when I wanted one. So when we bought this house it was brand new and I told him the only way he would see flames in that fireplace was if they were comin out of gas logs. We were here about 9 months and finally after he got a new motorcycle and a new car I got my logs! Now I have to listen to it's not that cold do you know how much propane is! Guess what I don't care! Oh and no I'm not bitter at all! I'm fannin flames your way!

Have a good week-end all! I think I have waited to long to leave and now will just get up and drive up to my Mom's in da mornin! UGH!! I hate that!

Hey I notice alot of y'all go to Curves. Is it expensive? I need to join sumin!

Oh one more hurdle for me I guess you could say. I have been wanting a Quizno's sub sooo baaad for a week or so. Well today I was goin to get one pulled up put my van in park and looked at the door and thought you know it is just really not worth the 9 lbs. I have lost to take a chance on gainin one back! Next week may be different but for today I overcame!
Old 02-27-2004, 09:38 PM   #25  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: Sil: We saw the Passion this afternoon and I agree it is a powerful film. I sort of felt the same as you, I didn't want to go, but felt compelled to do so. and I am glad I did. I was glad I brought my tissues. I think it was a masterful job of directing, and after reading a lot of the negative reviews both before and after, were based on the reviewers personal agendas, and lack of understanding. Did you like the way various Christian symbols were used in many places, like the dove.

Bamiegirl: I think you will find it uplifting, thought provoking, and generally a powerful experience.

Enough. finished our driving class today, and was glad we took it. Lots of good review.
Company coming tomorrow and so we will be busy for a few days. See you later. Lizzie
Old 02-27-2004, 09:55 PM   #26  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Quick and late post today. I was very lazy and stayed in bed til the last possible minute. Then I had to get all my recipts done. Then it was lunch time for the kiddies. My helper showed up, did the dishes then the next thing I new it was time to go off to gymnastics home at 9 then had supper. Pizza which is not OP but I had only two small slices so I am not going to get down on myself. Now it is almost 11 and I need to get to bed as I have to teach in the morning. Then I have to go bagging with my dd to fundraise for the dance competition. Then dh and I have to go food shopping and I need to go pay bills and then off to buy some thermal socks to go skiing on Sunday. And some where in between get some laundry done. Well chickies good night and I will check in tomorrow.
Closed Thread