South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #16  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey All! Not even gonna try to keep up today. My head hurts to bad. I was up half the night coughin. When I was finally really sleepin about 5 this mornin dh wakes me to ask me if I'm ok and do I need some water. Sweet yes but ask me when I'm coughing up a lung not when I'm sleepin. So needless to say after everyone left I went back to sleep on the couch recliner and had a better rest. I think I will sleep there tonight so as not to disturb dh since he has to get up and go to work. Still no voice. I think my family is enjoyin that just a little tooooo much! Ok off to have some breakfast/lunch not sure yet. Hope you all have an OP day!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:12 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi All! I've been MIA for a while i guess. Feeling kinda bummed lately. DH is away at a conference until tomorrow, and I am running a ton of errands (Mostly for the kids.)
STILL off program, and not feeling too good.....
Old 02-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone!

Yes, Ellis I have an identical twin sister who is 3 pounds lighter thanks to SBD! I too have lost pounds this week--two to be exact! So, I am back to my CW (never changed it).
Dentrassi, welcome back! Where has luckyredlisa been? I miss her!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #19  

Hello. I can't believe how active every one of is! I feel exhausted just reading about everyone's errands and activities. My live-in boyfriend just started a new job this week and since I've been working on my real estate license and school, I'm finding it hard to even leave the house! I feel chained to the computer! At least I can take a break by coming here. It's sad when i get excited to do dishes, laundry or dusting as a break from studying.

Today is my 4th day of phase 1 and for the first time ever on a diet, I'm OP since day 1. I did my Pilates yesterday and have a gym date with my boyfriend tonight and a friend tomorrow. Three sweat sessions in a week isn't that great, but definately better than none.

Have a great day everyone!

-Meredith
Old 02-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Den, welcome back! Listen, dearie, you can still hang out here, you know. We won't punish you if you're not OP.

LouLou.. there ARE two of you! And you're both losing... good going!!

Meredith, congratulations on the exercise!!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #21  

Hello - got into work late today b/c the hardwood floor guys were late.

Things are going well. I ate at Friday's last night and had the Atkins chicken/broccoli, and skipped the cheese. I also had the french onion without bread, and found that I didn't really want the cheese either - so pretty much OP. Dropped a pound that I had gained after an intense weight lifting work out.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Ruth - congrats I see your profile changed!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:33 PM   #22  
I got Madonna tickets!

Good afternoon everyone.

Well, this morning was the ultrasound nightmare, had to have both external and internal. They wouldn't tell me anything, said I would hear from my doctor, but the tech did seem to focus on the area causing the pain. Of course, I worry that it's cancer (my Mom had breast cancer) but it could be any number of things, or nothing.

Anyway, after the ultrasound, I was just feeling really icky. I had to drink ninety tons of water and then try to get rid of it in two seconds, so I went for comfort food. Yes, I had McD's and a Twix bar. The McD's (quarter pounder but on the whole wheat bun they have here in Canada) felt very heavy, but it was familiar and comforting.

So, now it's the waiting game until some time next week. I will get back on program tomorrow (I can't vouch for tonight's dinner!) and just keep on keeping on.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. It sounds like a lot of us are having a rough month, so thank heavens for this board!

-dynagrrl
"And February was so long that it lasted into March."
Old 02-26-2004, 04:28 PM   #23  
Dancing Fool

Default Good afternoon

Went to the gym this morning and then did the grocery shopping while I was in town. The closest town is 14 miles from here so I need to get as much done as possible on my trips to the gym.
Did start back on PI yesterday and am not enjoying it as much as the first time. Celery for a snack does not taste as good as a Golden Delicious!
I really enjoy reading all the chatter each day. Ellis, you are quite remarkable remembering each name, and Dynagrrl the waiting is the very worst because you imagine everything bad that could possibly be wrong. I know this fellow, I'll put in a good word for you, he has always come through for me and I know he will you too.
Looks like we might get some snow soon. Maybe no drought this year. Our fields are pretty wet now but we can use all the moisture we can get. Oh, the life of a farmer-and I thought we were going to retire over here and watch the wildlife! But that is another story.
Best wishes for an OP evening to all.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:29 PM   #24  

I like the freedom of having relatively unlimited access to veggies and frequent little meals... I haven't been as crabby, hungry or sleepy as I usually am when I try to start a prescribed regimen. I hope week 2 of Phase I is as satisfying as week 1 was.

My daughter and son are even interested in this plan... so I sent them the recommended/avoid food list for phase 1. I must master quantities of fats and dairy though. There's always something.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:40 PM   #25  

Dynagrrl -
I hope that everything is ok. I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts. I don't know if you're religious or not. My husband and I have our St. Joseph that we buried when we were selling our condo, and our St. Joseph that we bought at the vatican. We decided last night that they are the power duo, and no conflict be saints are jealous - especially of themselves. So I'll say a prayer for you - Catholic or not.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:12 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: You know prayers are good, no matter what. He is a special friend who listens and acts in our behalf.
Ellis: I admire your ability to remember everyone's name. that is a real gift. And hooray on the 3 lbs. gone. Fo me I have found if I don't drink water, my bod hangs on to what I have and my weight goes up. Go figure.?
And I know chinese food will make me gain at least 2 lbs over night because of the soy sauce and monosodium glutamate that most Chinese restaurants use.

Ruth: I am sure that haaving to deal with bizarre thought patterns must be hard. A friend here shared the same sort of thing about her DH. She feels he has had another light stroke. He was sitting in his chair with 3 or 4 cigarette lighters in his hand and he didn't know what to do with them.and had tried to open a package of cigarettes and started them at the bottom, and then used scissors, and had a mess. We have all decided that getting old, as Bette Davis said, 'aint for sissies'.

today we had day one of our AARP driving course. We have taken it before, but it will give us a discount on our auto insurance, so it is a good deal, and refreshing about driving and possible problems is a good thing, anyway.

Went shopping this p.m. and found good some fresh veggies. That is one of the many blessings of Florida living, that fresh vegetables are always available, as well as fruit. We get a lot of fruit from Chile. And right now is Strawberry season here. Yum. also went and got our tickets to see the Mel Gibson film the Passion. Have to go and see for myself. I don't like to be told by the media, and reviewers what I should or
shouldn't think. The one comment made by many, is that it is very moving and thought provoking. We'll see.
I guess my OP is sort of a combination of Phase 2 and WW program. I may end up back to Phase 1 later, but have to wait until our Norwegian company has left.
Tomorrow we finish the driving course.
Have a great tomorrow, and lets all stick to our determination to do what is right for ourselves, and our health. Lizzie
Closed Thread