South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #16  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Franny, you really cheered me up this morning!!! In answer to your ponderings about my situation:

Dentrassi fell off the wagon and fell hard. "Maybe I have to come to grips with my child suddenly maturing," she thought as she sat on the couch clutching her hungover head. "I just can't continue to escape the truth with apple pie and ice cream..." DS17, meanwhile, had a roaringly good time at band practice in part BECAUSE of all the Middle Eastern food he had consumed earlier. Apple pie? Sure, that was in HIS future too, but right now he was FULL, and there were frets to be fingered and songs to be played. Was he naturally slim like his father? Or was he just preoccupied? Would he wake up before noon the next day? And would he get out of bed if he did? Stay tuned for further developments, tomorrow, same time same place.....

Ruth-Did the stud finder find Kevin or is Kevin using the studfinder to find....OOPS!! Hope you have a great day today!! Enjoy the interview.

Sflake-Have you tried the "egg recipe" yet? If you add a bit of marmite it will fix it right up!!!

Little Chick-As DH likes to say, "The psychological scars run the deepest." Scarves are OKAY, but guilt and manipulation can be even MORE fun!!!

Ellis-Okay, I was hoping to post BEFORE you, so I could get MY opinion of Marmite down first!!! I was raised on it (as you know) because my MUM is British. I LOVE the stuff, and think it probably runs through my veins (HEY! Better than saturated fat!!!)

For the rest of you: It is a yeast extract and ambrosia. It is loved and craved and reviled and detested depending upon your outlook. The company itself is now advertising with the slogan, "Love it or Hate it..." It is high in B vitamins and sodium, low in fat. It can be used to flavor stews and soups or can be spread on bread (with a bit of butter) for tea. (With or without cukes or lettuce.) My kids love it too, but DH HATES it!!!

Deets-Actually, the local grocery store carries Marmite here!!! It is OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive though, so I wait until my mother comes back with it from England. (She goes to visit her mother yearly.) Hope you are feeling a bit better soon. We are ALL sluggish here today.

Pebbles-YOU MADE BRUCE SPRINGSTEIN INTO A STREAKER?!??! (HEY! THANKS!!) Your house sounds great. There is always SOMETHING that needs to be redone. We have a "finished basement" that was done in the 70s. Dark, dreary, and damaged when we had some water backup...Guess we really DID need a working sump pump!!! We have lived here about 4 years, and will get to it EVENTUALLY!!!

I think all of you who are doing phase 2 have the right idea. I have been trying to get back on track and haven't been able to. Part of the reason i haven't been posting much lately. I have been feeling embarassed and ashamed. Phase 2 might be the solution though. Went out and bought some of the Red Vanilla tea too, but haven't tried it yet. I was feeling sluggish and achy this morning (sugar hangover?!?), and now I am feeling pretty good!! Thanks to ALL of you, and ESPECIALLY to Franny!! You all made my day!!!

(By the way, DS17 woke up and grunted his thanks for all your kind birthday wishes as he cut himself a piece of pie for breakfast. YEESH!! I think he IS like his father!!!)
Old 01-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #17  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Afternoon Everyone!

My DH stole my laptop yesterday to take to work, and it is cold in the basement and we have racoons in it! So I didn't want to get on my desktop. I must prefer my laptop because I can carry it around wherever I want and get on the internet because we have a wireless set-up. So I missed out on the chat yesterday and well I feel like I missed a party! Oh well, I'll have to go and read thru yesterday's posts to catch-up!

Frannymae, you are so darn funny and creative! I got on kind of late today because I was on the phone w/ the admissions counselor from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Looks like I'm gonna be accepted. Now it's just coming up with the $ to pay for it!

I agree with the whole ugly weather making you want to eat comfort foods. What I really want is macaroni and cheese and lots of toast with butter and jam just dripping off of it!

Talk to you guys later!
Old 01-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Jennie, congratulations!
You have RACCOONS in your BASEMENT! sorry

Den, you mean DS wasn't thrilled at being wished Happy Birthday by a bunch of older, chunky women?

Pebbles... what a cool idea! WHERE are the pics!?
Old 01-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #19  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Actually, I think he thought it was nice....he just is at the age where he can't admit anything. If I gave him Jimi Hendrix's guitar he would probably say, "um, thanks..."
Old 01-23-2004, 12:49 PM   #20  

Franny, you are too much!!! That was really good, thanks for writing/sharing that!!

My daughter is better but still a little under the weather and unable to go to preschool again today. However, she managed to get every toy she owns out of 2 toyboxes and a closet and turn her bedroom into a disaster area. Thanks for all the concern!!!

I'm so pumped about exercising right now, feeling really motivated! I've been complaining about the scale not moving so I've decided to start measuring and only weigh in on Mondays. Even if I'm not losing pounds but I am losing inches then I'll know my efforts have been worth it!!

I do have one complaint. As of today the item of clothing I had to buy about 3 weeks ago (due to getting smaller in that area) is once again TOO SMALL!!! I know I cant pick where the weight comes off but going from a DD cup(all my life) to C- sucks!!!!
Ok, Okay, more like B+ if I'm lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!!! lol
Traci
Old 01-23-2004, 03:21 PM   #21  

Default Link to photos

Snowflake,
so sorry - you're not dense. I was just thinking of too many things at onces (ahhhhhh. chocolate covered strawberries)

Ok, here's the crazy basement and other photos.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wickists
Old 01-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #22  

Pebbles, you are BEAUTIFUL!
Gee, I wish my basement was that nice. (you're right, though... the furniture should go, heh heh) You're going to have a riot decorating! And I love your bedroom! It's right out of a magazine!
Old 01-23-2004, 04:55 PM   #23  

Default Ellis

Ellis -
Is it any wonder that Bruce wanted me?

Oh I just kill me!!! Thank you for being so kind though seriously.

Time to strawberries......16 hours!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #24  
Imagine...

Pebbles I will be right over for a bath in that beautiful tub, you may serve me my strawberries there Seriously though, what beautiful pictures! You are indeed a BABE! and your man ain't half bad either...not to mention those wedding pix are so nice! What a georgous setting. The house does not look like it needs hardly any work at all. Thanks for sharing ENJOY the berries! and don't forget the chocolate

Edited to add...sorry I almost forgot about the pouches sooo very cute! What kind are they?? I have a blind cat named Bailey...

Speaking of Bailey has anyone "seen" Rowan Bailey?, hope all is well

Last edited by sflake; 01-23-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:28 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 8"

I have to got to keep up with this forum better!! I have missed so much!!!
For instance....I want to know the boob joke! I can't believe I missed a good boob joke!

Marmite sounds kinda yucky! And are ya'll referring to oatmeal as porridge? I have only heard of 3 complainy bears eating the stuff.

STREAKER!! I want a streaker!! Is there really a streaker?

Ruth, hope your home visit went well and that your day of looking at tires was enjoyable.

Ellis, I was thinking of adding fruit and oatmeal and then seeing how it was going from there. I miss fruit alot! Oh, stay outta the Bridge Mix!

Traci, hope your daughter gets to feeling better...

littlechick, do you watch children during the day?

jennie, congrats on your acceptance!

pebbles, loved the pics...was that bedding from Target? I know I have seen it somewhere...I have always liked it. The wedding looked just gorgeous. I got married in Las Vegas at a wedding chapel with a drive thru window!! We got of the car...It was Christmas evening, I wore a red dress and DH a suit with a Christmas tie that played music....aaaaahhhh the memories....

Frannie frannie frannie...loved the synopsis of the last few days, was very helpful and funny!!!

Lets see...whats going on with me....took Evan to doctor, he is stuffy and is probably allergies, lots of stuff blowing around right now. He gave me meds with a narcotic in them...knocked his butt right out last night!! Woo Hoo!! We finally got to sleep

Hubby is framing the mirror and hanging crown molding in the bathroom right now! Okay, why are we molding the boys tiny bathroom?? We have 2 rooms with crown molding..the formal living room and the boys bathroom...I find this odd..I really want the formal dining, kitchen and family room all molded!! Oh well, I will add that to his list of things I would like to have done. After this bathroom project, the boys have requested their rooms to be painted. We built this house 4 yrs ago and I still havent finished them!! So bad of me! I will eventually get there!

What is all this Phase 1 is to hard I am starting on Phase 2 talk?? tsk tsk tsk... Here I am slaving away on Phase 1, with relief days away and I have to sit and listen to your "cold weather" excuse.... Listen up girls!! i expect to see all of you present for the Monday morning weigh in!!
No Excuses!

I am starving!! Took Evan to MDO, came home and had some t bacon, ran errands and had a hair appt at 11:30, got out at 2!! It looks lovely though! My girl is always running behind...oh well...

Gotta run..will check back later!!

Bye!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #26  

Listen here, Lil' Miss Texas!! We are DAMNED cold up here! We're not all WALTZING around in bikinis like YOU are!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #27  

Default guilty....

Ok - yes I had another crazy dream. I got some kind of bad treat down my throat and then remembered, but that is not what this post is about.

To read the boob story go to the 'do you ever dream about the diet post'

The photos of the house are actually the former owner, I really need to upload new photos b/c it looks quite different. I will tell the former owner that y'all loved her bedroom set.

The wedding was in Santorini, Greece. We also ran away for various reasons, family is unsupportive, and it's my hottie hubby's second marriage. So we spent the $$$ and went to Europe and got hitched.

So, sorry that my house isn't what I portrayed, I'm very very bad.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #28  
Imagine...

We Are Pretty Freakin Cold Here Too!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 8"

It was a balmy 65 here today...no jacket necessary

It has been a warm winter..maybe we will see some cold next month. Oh, it is suppose to be 48 on Tuesday...brrrrr....

Just wait...I will be complaining when it is 105 all summer!! But we do have a pool in the backyard....will I still get sympathy?

Last edited by chazmom; 01-23-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #30  

I anticipate a VERY cold summer for you, sweetie... you watch out!!
Closed Thread