South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:58 PM   #1  

Talking new to sbd - this is my 2nd day

Hi! I have heard people talk and talk about this diet but I thought it would be another fly by night diet that would fly out as fast as it flew in. Well ... It is a miracle! It is SO easy. I love bread and pasta but I can do without for 2 weeks! It's a glass of wine that I will probably miss more. I am so glad this website has a south beach group. I just need more recepies! It is hard for me to figure out how to each without bread or pasta. Those are usually my base ingredients.

Oh well, I am so ready to get on with this new way of eating.

-Terri
Old 11-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #2  

Hi, Terri. I am on day 9, and it has gotten a little easier. This week for lunch, I have been taking turkey and cheese rolled in lettuce - it's been very satisfying & I don't miss the bread all that much anymore. You might try that in lieu of bread
Old 11-05-2003, 06:09 AM   #3  
Mous

Don't forget the Whole Wheat breads and pastas as well as brown and wild rice.

CONGRATULATIONS on changing your life.

Marcie
Old 11-05-2003, 06:51 AM   #4  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

We tried spaghetti Squash for the first time last night, topped with chicken breast which i sauted in a tiny bit of olive oil and spices and Emeril's Putanessca sauce. We kept the sauce to a minimum and spinkled a bit of low fat parmesaan cheese on top. The spaghetti squash wasn't exactly pasta, but it was a good substitute...it had a firmer texture, just think pasta al dente! There are several recipes floating around out there using spaghetti squash with various sauces to mimic pasta. We will be trying more of them. I do get a bit weary of always cooking, so I am trying to carefully choose some prepared grocery foods that will speed up the time of prep. Just read, read, read those labels, but groceries do have many heathy options available if you seek them out. Day 2 done, heading into day 3 feeling better already. Karla
Old 11-05-2003, 07:24 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, txterri. We are glad you found the Beach.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:40 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Hi Welcome to the beach!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:38 AM   #7  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi Skinnydogmom!!! Welcome!!! (How do you cook spaghetti squash?)
Old 11-05-2003, 11:01 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Welcome!!!!!!
Glad you found your way to the beach!!!
rb
Old 11-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #9  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Default Cooking Spaghetti Squash

I cooked it in the oven, cut it in half and put it cut side down on any baking sheet, or baking dish, bake at 350F for about 45 mins until it is easy to stick a fork into it. The time will depend on the size. The squashes are a variety of sizes, I picked one of the smallest ones I could find, it was still pretty large. The 2 of us ate only half of it, and we each had a generous serving. There is a recipe in the SBD book for phase 2 and it gives microwave directions...I think it stated a microwave cook time of 8-10 mins. But you have to add water and cover with plastic.
Closed Thread