South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 03:52 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge 10/28/03-Set Your Goals!

Troops! I love LittleChick's idea of setting not only a group goal but personal goals as well. So, this week let's give it a dry run and see how it works.

You can all post your own goals, and they don't need to be restricted to minutes. You can include the number of workouts, miles or pounds lifted. But do please state a goal as a number of minutes as well because otherwise my head will explode! You will have to track your daily progress towards your weekly goal and let us know how you are doing! The weekly goal for the group will be () the total of all our individual goals! I will continue to add up all our minutes and post those daily. Any questions?

I'll get us started:

My exercise goals for week of 10/26: Lift weights 2 times, walk every night I am at work, WATP at least twice for a total of 240 minutes for the rest of this week.

I just found out that on top of getting ready for our cruise (who knew vacationing was such hard work?) my sister and her DH are coming into town next week! And that means I HAVE to clean my house! So while I will do my best to keep up with Boot Camp in the next two weeks don't be too surprised if I'm not terribly creative! And we need a volunteer from the ranks to step in while I am off on the "real" beach! Anyone? Let's see a show of hands!

Hopefully by posting my goals it will make them more concrete and harder to ignore! We'll see, right?

A word about your goals...make sure they are attainable or you'll get discouraged. Aim high, but be realistic, okay?

Have a great day!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good luck with the house cleaning, Franny! You've got too much on your plate, you superwoman, you.

Okay... exercise goals.
Ummm, walk to and from my psycho appointment next monday... 2 hours.
3 times at the Y. 3 hours.
300 minutes. Minimum.

300 minutes, Franny!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:47 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi troops. Glad you liked my idea. I am going to try to do yoga atleast once and walking twice. so my minutes will be small this week. 90 minutes. I have to much to do this week. I have to bake 100 cupcakes tonight, tomorrow night I have a volunteer information session, thursday night is the kids halloween party. Friday is halloween sat is dance class. Oh I get to add another 90 minutes to my exercise. So that takes my total to 180 minutes. Have a great day my chickies.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:52 AM   #4  
Fighter

Let's see, my usual minutes are 140 in a week... I'm going to aim to get in 200 minutes this week. I'll do my 30 minute exercise video today and thursday. :-D
Old 10-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #5  

Default jumping in

hey everyone! i took the advice and came right over. i am going to start small because my back is bothering me again. i am going for 20 minutes 3x this week = 60 minutes total. today is beautiful out and a good day for a walk.
kathy
Old 10-28-2003, 12:43 PM   #6  
Imagine...

I'm with Kat...gonna start back slowly...so lets see... I should be able to manage 60 minutes this week.

Also I need to cut back on the diet soda and increase my WATER!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:20 PM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

OK, Sarge, here goes:
My 2 main problems are water intake and exercise, so my goals for the week (and probably for a few weeks) will be :
~~drink at least 64 oz of water each day
~~exercise for a minimum of 45 minutes each Monday-Friday, to consist of cardio and weight lifting. I'm aiming for a minimum of 225 hours this week, not counting the weekends as I work 12 hr shifts then. Gee, that should count for something, huh?
Old 10-28-2003, 01:28 PM   #8  
In Control: E+R=O

OK, my exercise goals for this week....I will do my 1 mile WATP tape every day this week.....that's 20 minutes x 5 days (since I already missed Sunday and Monday), for a total of 100 minutes. I'm planning on joining Curves, but won't be able to start for a couple of weeks or so, so I'll commit to doing my WATP tapes until then.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Hmmm, feeling as though I may be overextending myself, here.

Make that:

100 minutes, Franny.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:58 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Okay Sarge: My goal is to do 30 minutes of exercise per day for 6 days out of 7. so that is 180 min. if my calculation is correct.

2dog-you'll like Curves.

Your family will love you just the same if you don't clean every little corner before they arrive. Just be your sweet self.

Hi everyone. Lizzie
Old 10-28-2003, 11:13 PM   #11  

Hi everyone, I want in too, Im just starting out, got the book today, I walk 20 min a day now, will bump it up to 30 min a day, wish me luck! this is so much fun!
Closed Thread