South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:07 PM   #1  

Question food substitutions

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and to the SB diet, today is day 1. First I'm not sure if I'm posting right (I guess I'll find out after this.) Second, I really dislike tomato juiceand vegetable juice. Is there anything I could substitute for this? Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:30 PM   #2  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Thumbs down Welcome!

Hi, Snoozin.....

Welcome to SBD, and the greatest place for information, and motivation on a daily basis. Everyone here is so helpful!

The Tomato juice or Veggie juice is an option or suggestion as one breakfast food you might choose. SBD is really flexible and you just choose from the recommended list of foods. Phase I is the most limiting as far as foods are concerned. But I still found those first 2 weeks pretty easy to follow. Each day gets easier as your body begins to "Detox" itself.

We're glad you are here. If you don't have the book, read the Stickys that are posted on the recommended food lists. Hope this was helpful.

Come back on a daily basis and post often.
Talk soon........~Sharon
Old 09-11-2003, 12:47 AM   #3  
it's always something

I hate tomato juice. But I love V-8 juice. Any other brand of vegetable juice tastes horrible to me. Did you try V-8? A lot of people will stir in some worcestershire sauce to add flavor. V-8 makes a spicy variety that a lot of people like even if they don't like the regular version.

V-8 has been a lifesaver for me, because it really fills me up and prevents overeating.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:44 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Snoozin. V8 and tomato are not my faves either but they DO fill you up. I spice mine up with Franks Hot Sauce but seldome have it for breakfast!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:59 AM   #5  

Hi Snoozin,
I don't like tomato juice or V8 so I just don't drink them. For breakfast I have a 2 egg omelet with reduced fat cheese. I put a tablespoon of salsa on it to spice it up.
koalabear
Old 09-11-2003, 11:05 PM   #6  

In the morning I drink Sugr Free Tang. I take my vitamins with it. It contains a good amount of Vitamin C. It is, however, hard to find the sugar free variety.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:21 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for your replies. I skipped the v-8 juice this morning. This is day 2, and I have to say I was a little crabby today. My first two days have been a real challenge, but overall, I've done well. Day One: at the office, a birthday party no less, with 2 large pizza and a Bakers Square cheesecake. I sat among my coworkers and had my chicken and salad and jello and didn't touch the other goodies. Day 2: An anniversary dinner I had to attend. Ordered a grilled chicken salad, while the rest of my family had all kinds of temptations. I can do this, I can do this, I CAN do this! Thanks for the nice welcome. I plan on sticking around here.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:01 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

To coin a WW phrase....nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!! Good for you for sticking to YOUR plan......keep coming here there is lots of acceptance, support and acknowledment here from all of these wonderful women!
Old 09-12-2003, 08:23 AM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Snoozin', boy, you sure picked a doozy of a week to start your new WOE! But then again, the more difficult the journey the more we enjoy the arrival...in other words, the fact that this week has been hard will make the rewards that much sweeter!

You WILL start to feel better soon, I promise! The first couple days are tough..you're asking your body to adapt to a pretty radical change. Just hang in there!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #10  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Snoozin!! Welcome to the beach!!!! It's nice to meet you, and I'm glad you joined our group. You'll really like it here, lots of wonderful people who are always quick to answer a question or offer support (or the occasional kick in the pants).

Have you tried the Lemon Twist V-8 juice? I just discovered it this week. It's pretty good, a different flavor that took me a couple of days to get used to, but it's not real tomato-y, so you might like it.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:39 PM   #11  

Have you tried the spicy v8 it's really good?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:28 PM   #12  

Thanks agai gals for the tips. Today is Day 3 and woke up with a bad headache. Felt kinda spacey most of the day, but towards evening a little better. It's probably my bodys reaction to no fries and ice cream! (my 2 absolute loves) Enough whining! I have another question which is --would having a ground sirloin burger be ok rather than a broiled piece of sirloin steak? I compared nutrition labels and the ground is a little higher in fat, but still pretty darn lean. Also, the food list does not mention things like pickles, onions (although green onions are in the omlettes), olives
or mustard. Seems to me that they should be fine, but hey, I'm still learning!
Old 09-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #13  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ground sirloin is fine...as you said, a bit higher in fat but pretty lean. I think most condiments (mustard, etc.) are okay but watch for sugar. Dill pickles should be fine, and olives shouldn't be a problem either. Onions are to be enjoyed in limited quantities... I think it is 1/2 an onion a day? Anyone remember for sure? Maybe it is on the new and improved acceptable foods list posted under FAQs?

You'll feel better soon...just stick with it and allow your body to get used to the changes! Good luck!
Closed Thread