South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 11:41 AM   #1  

Default When you slip up...

...on Phase I, what happens in your body? Say, if my husband was having microwave pizza last night, while I had a big salad, and while clearing the table I just happened to eat one of his leftover crusts (just hypothetically...., but I nevertheless did NOT let this start a craving cycle and did NOT eat any more carbs that night, how bad is this? I did Atkins for a while last summer and I remember that if you backslid and ate carbs, you had to go back through the whole initial ordeal of running out of carbohydrate stores and getting back into ketosis. Since the SBD doesn't depend on ketosis, is a little goof a bad thing? My real question, I guess, is am I still "on" the diet, or do I need to restart Phase 1 and consider today Day 1 again?

Thanks

Sarah
Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sarah, no need to start over or beat yourself up. You are OK. Just keep on with The Beach. This is a very forgiving weightloss method as your body should never go into ketosis for very long. Remember that beans are a good carb and are on Phase 1. they can help a lot with any carb cravings.
Go, Girl!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #3  

This is my second week on SB, so I am not an expert. But I have tried enough diet plans to know that the best thing you can do is "forgive" yourself, and move on. We are all going to go off-plan now and then. And it is not like you finished off half of the pizza. Remember that you are human, do your best, and enjoy the results.

mousetater
Old 09-10-2003, 01:05 AM   #4  

Thanks so much for your support and advice! Tonight we BOTH had yummy grilled tuna steaks w/ green beans...followed by a ricotta creme for me.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:46 AM   #5  
Mous

Take baby steps and move in a straight line.

You were given excellent advice.

Lady
Closed Thread