South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 05:43 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge Day 10

Morning, troops! Hard to believe we have been at boot camp for 10 days already.

This is going to be short and sweet. Next week we will start a weeklong challenge on "thinking thin." So your challenge over the weekend will be to observe slender people and "study" how they behave.

So, concentrate on the trinity and post your exercise if you care to. So far this week we have logged 870 minutes of exercise/activity and that is just the stuff you guys posted! Way to go! Let's aim for at LEAST 1000 next week! I'll count calendar week (Sunday to Sunday) to keep it easy.

Sgt Franny signing off for this morning....
Old 09-06-2003, 06:03 AM   #2  
Mous

Hmmm!

Think thin!
Thin mints, thin pretzels, thin oooops!

You mean THINK THIN~

Will do Sarg.

Lady
Old 09-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Franny. I was on three walks yesterday and made it to 10,000 steps. I guess I need to start keeping track of the time too.
Today I go to Ottawa for lunch and will have to look around to observe "thin" folks in the restaurant. Actually, I don't want to be thin - just normal.
MArcie, you forgot potato chips. They are thin!
Old 09-06-2003, 06:55 AM   #4  
Imagine...

No exercise for me yesterday, although I did manage 3 times this past week. Today exercise will take the form of closing the pool and yard work.

Think thin...must think thin, must think thin, my mantra for the weekend.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Okay, Franny. I'll "think thin" starting right after lunch today.

Love and hugs to all...

(Ruth, I was going to do a clean this morning, but my new computer game is crying out to me... Avert your eyes from the dust bunnies.)
Old 09-06-2003, 07:45 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Want me to bring you some Portuguese Water Dog bunnies? I have lots and the black is a nice contrast to the grayish regular bunnies.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #7  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Uh, Marcie....that's not exactly what I had in mind!

Ruth, I counted your exercise in the total...I just figured 2500 steps to a mile, 15 min per mile...just a guestimate but it's better than nothing, right? Normal, huh? I guess I could say we were going to talk about "thinking normally," but I think that is WAY beyond the capability of most of you guys!

sflake-now I KNOW summer is over! It would make me so sad to close my pool every fall...guess it's a good thing I don't have one!

Ellis-even thin people have special meals, right? And they don't feel guilty afterwards, so keep that in mind! Hope you guys have a wonderful day! I'm green with jealousy!

Busy day ahead for me...nap, soccer game, shopping...oh, and work out. I made it past Panera Bread and Krispy Kreme on my way home....they were SCREAMING my name but I just kept on drivin'! Bad night at work again...these Friday nights have been my downfall but I made it though without a slip. Now for the next obstacle....The Famous (if you live in Beavercreek, Ohio) Annual Popcorn Festival. It is held, and I kid you not, one short block from my house. I will just completely avoid it if I can, but DS is already asking when we are going!

Have a great day, all! And remember the trinity and thinking about thinking thin. Squadron, dismissed!
Old 09-06-2003, 09:03 AM   #8  

Koalabear reporting for duty Sarg!

I made it over the obstacle course yesterday. I took my 90 year old mother to the grocery store and helped her shop. That kept me from straying into those forbidden sections like the bakery, the snack aisle, and the frozen foods for ice cream. I bought only "legal" foods that were on my list. Whew! Hard work.

I went out for lunch with a friend yesterday. We went to Wendy's so I had a salad w/low fat dressing (I only used about half of it). I didn't put the croutons on the salad, and pushed the cheese to the side and left it. I think that means I stayed OP.

Haven't yet done my walking for day 5. Will do it later. DH is sticking with this and that really helps me. Observing thin people to see what they do will be hard. I don't know too many thin people. Maybe I'm prejudiced! I'll have to reflect on that.
Koalabear
Old 09-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #9  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking PRIVATE GOFISHIN REPORTING BK TO POST,SIR!!

Hey all u Beachin Babes!! I'm back to basic training..After AWOL for 2days I am ready!! Got out and walked about 37mins b4 posting (b4 I changed my mind ).Speaking on THIN,my dad is thin and he eats ice cream 3times a day,lrg bag of cheeto's,pizza,key lime pie ...I told him a lot of us on this diet wld give our 1st born just to have his metabalism.. Sitting on my exercise ball posting this,just 2remind me it is next on my exercise agenda.
  • SGT FRANNY~Thanks for permission to leave post for 2days,,gave me a fresh start and better attitude ,wl post total exercise time after I play w/my ball
  • ELLIS AND RUTHXXX~ Hv a kickass visit,wish we all were getting together to compare dust bunnies
  • Also on thinking thin,"WOW' potato chips,,can we work these into ph1 instead of Metamucil,,they both hv the same affects
  • WISHING U ALL A GREAT BEACHIN WEEKEND!!!................GOFISHIN
Old 09-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #10  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Exclamation Requesting Permission!!

Private Deets......requesting permission to jump into ranks

and join the team this next week.

I promise to observe "thin" people this weekend......and keep

my mental attitude on "thinness" (is that a word??????)

I did the treadmill for 15 minutes, and a Water Circuit class for

an hour today.

You guys are so-o-o good!!!!

Thanks,
~Sharon
Old 09-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #11  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Koalabear-WTG with the shopping! That is quite an obstacle you overcame! I love Wendy's salads...they are a real treat for Friday's when my DH brings home food that is decidedly NOT OP, like chicken wings!

Gofishin'-Glad to see you back in the ranks, private! Okay, so your dad may not be the best role model for "thinking thin!" Maybe we need to find thin folks that don't have the metabolism of a bird?

Private Deets-permission granted to join the ranks! Glad to have you aboard, recruit. Water circuit, huh? What is that? It sounds like fun...I love deep water workouts but they don't fit into my schedule very well. :sad:

Okay, troops, the weekend has officially begun. So concentrate on the trinity and making it through the next couple of days unscathed. Structure is our friend, chaos is our enemy!
Old 09-06-2003, 04:35 PM   #12  

Made it thru the trinity yesterday ... did not stop and get cheesecake at the mall ...

Already exercised this morning ... 45 minutes cardio 30 weights ... 72 oz of water so far and eating on plan ...

Going for Chinese later ... remains to be seen what will happen !!!

Have a nice day !!!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:22 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Won't see you now for about a week. I will be A.W.O. L. and need : to keep me going. I know the temptations and obstacles will be many. I'll be thinking about you all. I know I'll have lots of reading when I get back. Lizzie
Closed Thread