South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #16  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Isa - how did the ultrasound go?
Beth - yay! It really does feel good when you know that something works, right?
Amy - mazel! what a huge move!
Pearl - sending good vibes

Sorry I missed yesterday - I apparently have "trigger finger" associated to the AS...but urgent care thought it was broken! Going to an ortho was a huge pain but got a shot of cortison (wow, these things hurt) and hopefully, in a week, I will be as good as new. For now, back to hunting and pecking on the keyboard though. Surgeon tomorrow morning for DW (send whatever good vibes you can spare that she can finally start PT) and then dentist for me to get this tooth looked at (I think a filling or part of it came out). Weekend will be filled with packing and laundry for my trip to Philly next week.

Have a great day all!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm already an hour from home sitting with mom at her eye appt. Time is flying by. Kirks DD comes a week from tomorrow for a few days the he just has a long week before Alaska. With that in mind, we headed down to Denver for shopping after work. It worked out well. I'm pretty stocked for meals for DD visit. I bought salad mix and when I went to greenhouse this morn think I won't have to buy more. Yay! My greens really progressed these past few days. We got snow last night but long term weather looks good. Think I will plant my cucumber seeds directly in greenhouse bed tomorrow.

Rose, keeping my fingers crossed!

Jenne, best wishes to both you and DW!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Morning ladies! ultrasound went relative well, lots of pain though...it was vaginal and she squished my stomach a few times Doctor did find 3 fibroids he said that those are relative small 13mm, 12mm, and 8mm the small one is in the far back, the other two are one in the center of stomach and the other one right side. For now he just wants me to keep a pain dairy and depending on pain we would proceed. I finally got a referral for orthopedics so I will be calling later to get an appointment and see was is wrong with my right knee. I also have a referral for a chiropatric for my lower back pain, however, my ob/gyn thinks that the pain could be related to my fibroid since is pretty much sitting where it hurts.

I weighed in yesterday at the doctors office and I had gained 5lbs from his last weight in which was a week ago This morning I did noticed that both of my ankles are swollen so I need to keep an eye on my sodium intake and drink more water. My goal is to drink at leat 110oz daily but so far I been drinking 80 to 96oz. Also this week I been keeping track of my calories and most days I go to 1100 I feel full but I know i need to be eating more. I'm not sure if I will be finishing this week as PH1 or do like a modify PH1 adding some fruits and maybe a sweet potato or oats to increase my calories. I think I'm going to work on a meal plan this afternoon and see how much i need to eat to keep it about 1400-1600 calories.

Debbie, I hope everything goes well with your moms eye appointment. How exciting that you can have fresh greens!

Jenne, I'm sorry to hear you had a AS flare up, I hope you are feeling better today. Do you keep a food journal? my friend that has AS noticed a huge difference when she changed her diet. She went gluten, sugar free. She also noticed that when she was having artificial sweeteners (splenda) she was having bad flair ups.

msgooch, That is a great milestone! Last time I saw that in my chart was about 5 or 6 years ago (I was doing SBD and exercising daily)
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Pearlrose been thinking of you all morning. I hope the test went really well.

Amy congrats and enjoy the Life Fitness Cycle. Different exercises use different muscle groups. The interval training on the treadmill should definitely help with your cardio on the bike. Amazing something that doesn't move can be so challenging lol

Isa hope your ultrasound went well. I've been dealing with hormonal changes for the past couple of years. I am throwing cycts (sometimes quite painful) on a regular basis but they break up which is good. Just another annoying inconvenience for me. Hope you get some answers.

Ruth glad you enjoyed the concert sounds like Bruce is good with kids too!

Beth we are still gray here, but the son should be making a return soon. Enjoy your walk.

Debbie I hope this week is treating you kindly.

Jenne I am glad DW's blood clot is going away. I had one surgically removed 10 years ago as they discovered I had a very bad reaction to Coumadin (internal bleeding from my kidney not fun at all!)

As most of you know my son is officiallly in the Army. I know he arrived safely at Ft. Benning around 11pm last night. It will be weeks before I hear from him again. I've been crying at the drop of a hat the last few days, but trying to keep my composure at work. I am so incredibly excited and proud but oh my do I worry about him. I did meet a very nice family who's son also went to Ft Benning yesterday. We have been messaging through Facebook with each other and promised to keep in touch. For her it is her youngest son and for me my one and only.

Guess I should try and be a little productive at work. Just not feeling it today.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Pssst, just wanted to let you know...I passed with flying colors only missed 1 question so got a 90%. Thanks for all of the good vibes.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #21  

CONGRATULATIONS Pearlrose!!!!!
Old 04-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #22  

That is awesome, congratulations!!
Old 04-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning -

Yay for Pearlrose!! I'm so happy for you, I know this has been weighing heavy on you!

Jennifer - I know you're worried about your son. It's only anecdotal, but my hubby was ROTC in college, then went active duty. He says that time in the military is what made him what he is today. It taught him organization, finishing a job, respect, how to lead and confidence. And I have tremendous respect for those willing to fight and protect me and mine.

I did a 20 min spin class yesterday and when I say sweat, that's an understatement. I'll be trying to work my way up to a 45 min class. Right now that feels unattainable.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #24  

Good morning chicks,

I had a very good day yesterday, I made some changes in my meals (more protein and veggies) to increase the calories. I didn't exercise but I did walk with the kids around the lake. This morning I wake up feeling great and very positive so I today going to do my best to focus on the good and keep myself active. I might go walk early in the morning before it gets crazy hot. Our forecast is 98F highest which usually feels hotter than that
Old 04-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChick Muffin and those to follow. Our weather here in the Cold White North is getting much better with C27ºC or 81ºF predicted for later today. I'd love to garden but must hie me to town this a.m.

Congratulations to PearlRose for acing that exam! I am sure you are relieved to have it over and done with.

Drat! Contractor Paul just drove in and I need to scurry around and get dressed while be does some measuringing outside for a deck fix. Sure hope he doesn't linger.

Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:22 AM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It rained all night long but we get a break today and then back to it. One of the directors gave a gal in our group 4 tickets to the baseball game for her retirement, so 4 of us are going to the game today so I will be heading into work. Tonight, the DH and DD's are going to the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert, really wanted to go to this one so am excited. I invited my boss and a coworker to go with us as well, so should be fun. As you can imagine, I am so relieved to not have to study anymore

Jekel hopefully the policy of not sending boots on the ground continues to be the policy and all of our men and women in the military will be safer.

Amy sounds like you enjoyed the spin class.

Isa glad you had a good day yesterday

Jenne hope that shot does the trick for you and fingers crossed on the scale

Debbie should be a fun week ahead of you, how long is DH going for this time?

Ruth and Beth hope you have a great day

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I am sitting in my car waiting for the guy from meals and wheels to move out of my parking spot. There are very few places to park in the project these days. It's been a morning of chores. We are going to have rain or possibly snow later today so I've been trying to get all that I could accomplished before that happens. I took all of my moms old pipes up to the dump this morning. It seemed really smart to get rid of them before they got wet. We also pulled our front screen door off- screws are stripped and it needs a repair. Cup of coffee while the sun is shining and hope to put a few seeds in my garden. And I will see what's next on the agenda.

Rose, congratulations on passing your exam! The nice thing to cross off the list.

everyone else!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks and yay for Pearlrose! Nice to have your test over.

Jennifer, my DH agrees with what Amy said: his time in the military was one of the best decisions he ever made, but of course, it's a mom's job to worry.

Amy, I don't know if I could make it through a spin class! Way to go!

Isa, today we hit 80* for the 1st time and it was a shock. I don't know if I could live in Florida year round.

Ruth, I know it is too early to do any planting but the weather today was tempting.

Debbie, enjoy your visitor.

Have a good evening, everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:28 PM   #29  

Late check in.

Isa the additional protein and veggies is a great way to add healthy calories
Amy spin classes are no joke!
Pearlrose can't wait to hear about the concert
Ruth and Beth I too won't plant anything yet although the weather is tempting.
Debbie how much longer until the project concludes?

Things were a little better today. I've been really keeping busy doing odds and ends after work. I've been messaging with my new Army Mom friend Christy. She too has been cleaning her son's room and washing all his clothes. Glad to know its not just me lol. I know I will feel better once I hear from him, I just need to be patient. Amazingly I am not eating everything in sight. I've been staying OP which is incredible.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:01 AM   #30  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another super day ahead and another shock when I stepped on the scale. Somebody shake me, please. I made a shrimp pilaf last night and overdid it on the rice part. Cooking for two is my downfall.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote