South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last Week of March - 27th to 31st!

Looks like Spring is no longer a myth as I see no below freezing days coming. That should help me with deciding what to take to Florida in five more sleeps. The Rev. has his suitcase already packed and is sending it down there with his DD and SIL who drive down starting tomorrow.

Had a lovely family dinner with some of my new family who really loaded "the groaning board". My new granddaughter Mackenzie is a culinary arts student who goes to Paris to complete her studies in September. I may be in trouble.

We are off have the usual Monday coffee and then meet with the minister to go over date and service details. The service will be no problem but the party afterwards may be a problem as the whole village will want to be there.

Hope everyone has a great day to start the last week of this interminable month!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

A couple of little birdies on facebook told me Ruth's news, so I had to poke in here to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you!!

Then I see that Jennifer's son is enlisting as well - WOW! That's a turn around from last time I was in here!

For me - well, you know. New meds have me more comfortable, and...well, hopefully by the end of the year I'll be better off. This is my year!! I still don't eat well, but am at the lowest I was doing south beach (a lot of it is muscle atrophy, I know ). That's the one good benefit!

XOXO I miss stopping by here every morning!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth sounds like everything is falling into place nicely. Such an exciting time in your life!!!

Today DS goes to Albany. I'm a more nervous than he is. I am being gentle with myself as there is this plus a whole bunch of work nonsense stressing me out. Today I am regrouping. At least there aren't any trigger foods in the house so that should help.

Time to get ready as my son should be here soon. Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning

How exciting to plan a wedding!

I pretty much just held steady last week, which is fine, but not ideal. I hit the treadmill this morning and burned a ton of calories. Yesterday was my day off, my foot had hurt from the glass, which is out and my foot is fine now. From all my exercising when I was loafing on the couch binge watching Suits my heart rate was 58! My husband is gone the next 2 days for work. It gets awfully quiet in this house alone! I see a million work emails popping in here right now...ugh.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

Home from work. It was a little slow. Had to leave the house at 5:15 this morning so it may be naptime. It's a little cold and dreary so I think I am going to take a nap. Construction is noisy in the front of the house so the back will be a little more quiet. See you all tomorrow
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks. Cod, wet and dreary here as well. I will be happy to see the month close and the weather turn to spring. It was a mundane Monday at work which is a-ok with me.

Ruth, sounds like things are shaping up for your big day. I bet you are excited about the trip to Florida.

Jennifer, did things go smoothly for DS? Sorry things are stressful right now but you are smart to not have any trigger foods around!

Debbie, did you get a nap?

Amy, steady is good, though not as exciting as losing. You may drop weight a bit more slowly now that you have had the initial lose. Great job on the treadmill.

Have a good evening, chicks
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Had to go into work today so early start to my morning and had to deal all day with my new employee getting him set up. Well I managed to not pass my exam by 4 pts so I will have to retake hopefully on Friday so still studying each evening. If I hadn't answered a couple of the questions by the book instead of the case I would have passed, luckily my boss understood it was difficult to take with everything being online.

Ruth you are really getting all of the planning done, did you set a date yet?

Jennifer, which service is DS trying to enlist in?

Debbie hope you were able to get a nap in

Amy glad your foot is not hurting today

Beth it is cold, wet and dreary here as well, yuck

Tywnn good to see you drop by and hopefully your new meds will do the job for you.

Have a great evening everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:31 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Been up since 3 a.m. brain will not be quiet so got up early and did long yoga workout and now getting ready to go into work after I finish my breakfast.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Locked myself out of the PC but finally got in just now.

I've been really busy and not in here much as this wedding planning stuff is a time gobbler! We now are set for 3 PM on July 8 with the reception in the Old Town Hall. (So glad I have friends to just push ahead with planning. I now have a world champion piper to pipe us in to the Church - my niece. Quite appropriate with all the Ross and Roddick clans. I'll quash my rebellious Irish blood and suffer through it although she IS a Sheridan and we do have Scottish blood.)

Will get back here later. A certain gentleman is picking me up for breakfast shortly.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Yes, I did get a nap yesterday. Set the alarm for 6:30 PM to get up to go to an AA meeting. I try really hard but that's just not a good choice because when I come home then I can't sleep. Course, I still have to get up at 4 AM. I have made my smoothie and now I am enjoying coffee.It's a rainy day here. That's really good for a lot of things but not so great for trudging through the mud with the dogs and taking them to daycare in the dark. Makes me not want to go to work. LOL. This too shall pass.

Work tomorrow, too, because the new girl quit on Saturday. She couldn't handle the stress. Oh well.

Ruth, I am enjoying hearing of all your wedding planning. Thanks for sharing!

Beth, I am looking forward to better weather, too.

Twynn, always good to hear from you!

Jennifer, I stress at work eases soon.

Amy, i'm still amazed and motivated by all your successes. Keep up the good work!

Rose, i'm sorry you did not pass the test this time. It sounds like you know what you need to do now.

OK, I better get ready for the next phase of this journey. I'm considering charging by myself and dragging all the blocks it takes to get back in front of my house probably a good idea

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-28-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Rose - what kind of test are you taking? I'll never forget my son taking the drivers license test - he kept reading far more into it than what they were asking. I still laugh thinking about, if a car is overtaking you what do you do? He was like hmmm...overtaking, like an alien invasion or a police action, well, I'd either make a run for it, or I'd pull over and give him my car. They were just asking if someone was passing you what do you - keep the same speed - he couldn't decide if he should speed up or pull over - lol Depending on if it was aliens, burglars or police. Not surprising he's a mathy/engineer guy.

Speaking of which I got his college graduation invitation in the mail yesterday. I did have a weepy moment. I'm so proud of this guy - he really worked it, he's considered twice exceptional, learning disabilities and gifted. It was a lifelong struggle of therapists and tutors and naysayers along the way. When he was in middle school a representative for the johns hopkins for talented youth came to the school and encouraged kids to take the sat to qualify for their camps. He really wanted to try it, so we let him and he scored high enough for national honors as well. Those summer camps were so wonderful for him. His math teacher and middle school head actually told me, he's not all THAT smart, and he might not ever make it to calculus in high school. I wasn't asking for their opinion. But I'll say when a teacher really got him, they loved him. So it's taken him 5 years to graduate. He also has chronic migraines. He changed majors 3 times and struggled through the "easier" pre-reqs. But he'll get his degree in computer science in May and a math minor. Yes he made it not only past hs ap calc, he took honors calc through college. He first tried engineering, then math. When he was a math major I encouraged him to take a computer science class for a minor. He called that semester and told me he'd rather solve a complex computer problem than a math problem and a new major was found. Anyway - sorry to go on so much, I'm just relieved and proud.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #12  

Amy and you for sharing your son's success with us!!! Love hearing wonderful news!!!

Pearlrose sorry about the exam. No doubt you will pass next time around.

Was nice having Tammy check in yesterday. She was posting here and we were messaging each other at the same time.

Debbie sorry the new girl quit. Ugh!

Beth I hear spring is coming my way tomorrow. Hope you get some sun too.

Ruth it's great everyone wants to pitch in and help. Enjoy the attention.

As for me, just waiting, not patiently either lol, to hear from DS. Pearlrose he chose Army. He was actually really headstrong with his decision. He did reall well on the ASVAB(?) exam. Today he was up at 4 to go back to MEPS (processing) at 5. I texted with him early this morning. Just keep hoping and praying everything goes smoothly. Typical worry wart mom

Back to work
Old 03-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #13  

Ruth you are getting married on my youngest daughter's birthday

Amy- I am finishing up a 6 year long journey of classes and the finish is the Managing across the Lifecycles- MALC it is an ITIL expert course. You should be proud of your son, congratulations!

Jekel, it's hurry up and wait at the MEPS station, hopefully you hear soon!

Debbie glad you got your nap in.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #14  

He's in!!! Just got back from taking DS out for a burger and a beer. He's is beaming!!!! I do feel special as I was the first to know. He wasn't going to tell his dad until after dinner. I have all his paperwork to read. The actual swearing ceremony is the 24th (I am allowed to and will attend as it's in Albany). He ships out for basic on the 25th. Fort Benning GA.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Sounds like congratulations are in order! Jennifer, it is awesome DS is in. (Yes, typical Mom, worrying until the official notification!)

Ruth, enjoy the offers of help. You have done your share of helping around Delta!

Debbie, hope the day went smoothly.

Amy, you should be proud of DS! My DS1 graduated last spring (mech engineering) and I was a VERY proud Mama.

Pearlrose, don't you hate those "busy brain" nights??? I recently read a suggestion that I actually tried: do something that takes just enough brain power that you can't worry but is more taxing than counting sheep. The given suggestion was count backward from 300 by 3. I admit it seemed to work for me.

I'm making chicken enchiladas tonight. I have leftover chicken I baked a couple nights ago. DH will get a whole grain tortilla and I will do a lettuce wrap.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote