South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-21-2016, 08:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Quickie! July 21

Once again we are under an extreme heat warning so it's a typical opening day for the Fair.

I "slept in" until 6 this morning and now have the beef stew cooking in the large crockpot getting ready for tomorrow. Smells great! I may sample it for supper tonight.

Today I am finally going to the doc to have my right shoulder checked. When I got thrown off the treadmill way back, everything else healed up but not the shoulder. I'm hoping there's a simple solution because not being able to lift things easily cramps my style - like the large crockpot!

Hope your day is smooth for you.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Thankful Thursday, July 21

Good morning,

Whew am I tired, we got home from the concert at midnight and couldn't fall asleep until around 1:30 a.m. and back up at 5:50 a.m. I think I will be hitting the bed early tonight. Culture Club was amazing though, I think I will just have to take the next day off if I do a midweek concert.

Today I have several conference calls and have my post op visit later this morning.

I am thankful for my yoga this morning to try and wake up

What's on your agenda today?
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I think a merge might happen soon, so wasn't sure where I should post lol.

Ruth, please get your shoulder checked. Don't you hate little annoying injuries ugh! Hope the fair goes well with the heat ugh.

Pearlrose I loved the pic on FB of hubby with Boy George. I listed to Culture Club a lot in my youth. Good memories. Hope your post op goes well, maybe sneak a nap in today.

Lindsay I feel the same way you do. I really need to watch what I snack on because after all this time I still lack self control. This week my dinner already just St need to re heat and some days I do t want to do that lol.

Well the rainbow bridge has a new playmate. My dear friend Ed lost his Sadie girl yesterday. Sweet Rodesian Ridge Back. She was quite sick this weekend then was improving on the medication. I spoke with him on Tuesday as she took a turn for the worse. Yesterday they decided it was time to let her go. His oldest son is devestaded (he's 8). More great news ugh, Joe's mom was admitted and transferred to Albany Med late last night with fluid around her heart. I believe her procedure is scheduled for today, not sure though as Joe only got home around 3 and I don't want to wake him. She hasn't been feeling well lately and was complaining of trouble breathing. At least the cause is known, now to fix it. She is overweight, isn't very active and enjoys her cocktails way too much. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for her to take care of herself.

Otherwise the numbers on the scale are going up despite my best efforts. Thankful for 40+ hormones lol yeah right. This to shall pass when my system regulates itself again. Time to motivate myself to exercise and eventually go to work.

Keep smiling
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

Already did my aerobics; wanted to get it done before the heat! Now I'm grabbing coffee before I go wash some walls. DH is fired up to do some painting in the family room and the least I can do is help with the prep.

Be back later!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote