South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekend Beach Chat May 21 & 22

Temps are a little too cold for the beach, but it is gorgeous. What's everyone's plans for the weekend? Coffee first!
Old 05-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #2  

Figures it is gorgeous and I have to work. Tomorrow looks rainy oh well there is always something that needs to get done on a rainy day. I weighed myself yesterday. All 8 pounds are gone!!! Believe me I know it was probably 7 pounds of water and 1 regain lol. I'm just happy they are gone and I am back to where I was, which is two pounds under my goal. Nothing exciting planned for the weekend and that's fine with me.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:03 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and thanks for getting us started. I peeked earlier and was too lazy to think of a catchy title lol.

Everyone else is still in bed so I'm just quietly enjoying the bird song. Great time of year! Yesterday as I drove home from work I was admiring all the blooming Apple trees. Gorgeous! I love spring.

Today I hope to buy and plant some annuals in front of the house. I also need to consult with DH about veggie planting. I think it should be safe now, no more frost. Oh and the lawn needs mowing. That pretty much fills up the day.

Jennifer,great job on dropping those pounds! I am working at undoing the travel and celebration pounds of last week. Goes on quickly, you know?

Time for coffee. Have a great day chicks!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Victoria Day Weekend - May 21st and 22nd!

Looks like a grand start for the weekend, a long weekend for Canadians. There will be lots of tired, sunburned and skeeter-bitten folk by Monday. The campground is booked solid this weekend and the Village is filled with US cars as Delta switches into summer mode and the population doubles.

I was in and out all day yesterday while Ed and his merry men ran the chipper to get rid of the debris from the dead cedars they removed last week. They also discovered a tree that fallen during the week and got rid of it too! Ed took away the big pieces of wood for his winter supply and made an adjustment to his bill. (Around here, it helps to pay cash.)

Later today, I'll plant two of the big Mill planters and them intend to do two baskets of herbs for the back deck. That's so much handier than trudging out behind the barn for a few sprigs of herbs.

Enjoy your day whatever you do and let's try to remember this in dreary November.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun looks like it is trying to come out so hopefully it will be a sunny day. Today is DH birthday so we will do whatever he wishes to do today. The doctor called yesterday and they said the ultrasound showed either fibroid or polyps (sp?) so they are going to do a biopsy on June 2nd and then we will see next steps. At least now I know its not something to do with menopause messing with me.

Jekel yeah for getting back to under goal, I know it feels good to stay on track

Beth enjoy your outside work today

Ruth sounds like your village will be hopping this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:23 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, we were busy yesterday. Bread and flour were rolling out of the Mill but I did manage to get two of the planters done. Two more to go but it involves a trip to town which can't happen today!

I'm doing payroll and then will go and inspect the hall to see how well it's cleaned up after last night's cabaret. I also need to have a wee word with one of the new guys who is quite willing to let the other one do any physical work. Gotta nip that situation in the bud.

Really hoping to be home by noon to my poor neglected dogs and garden, not to mention laundry!

Enjoy this lovely May day.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #7  

Good morning the doggie alarm seems to be set for 5:45 daily. Don't my pups know when I work my bedtime is usually 1 am! I'm two coffees in and they are well into their dreams. Rainy here so it will be an inside catch up day. Later I may go to Joe's. He has been so incredibly busy with the house (keep your fingers crossed he should be moving in next month after two years of building) we rarely spend anytime together. Not sure what the future holds for us. I guess time will tell.

Pearlrose what did hubby decide on for his birthday?

Beth did you get your veggies planted?

Ruth do you ever get a day off?

I have not planted any annuals yet. If I don't soon I will not have much color this year. I still need to purchase some hanging baskets too. At least the grass is super green this year. Seems like every year just before my peonies are ready to open we get rain. Hope they perk up soon.

Time to get this day in motion. Be good to yourself
Old 05-22-2016, 07:59 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We got home about 3 AM yesterday morning. I was sick the last day we were there. Sat in the car all day since we had to check out of our hotel. I don't know if it was exhaustion , or perhaps a touch of food poisoning. Anyways, it was an OK trip. The wedding was nice. Glad to be home. Despite not feeling well I have to go to work. See you all tomorrow. I did basically sleeping a full 24 hours which is unusual for me so hopefully that has helped.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-22-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! I have finished my Sunday morning whirlwind of kitchen activity: I have quiche and 2 kinds of muffins cooling right now. That should give me 2 weeks worth of workday breakfasts, especially since we have a long weekend coming up. I need something ready to grab on school days; somehow the hour between 6-7 am is only half as long as all the other hours in the day!

After I finish my cup of coffee DH and I are off to buy veggie seedlings. Yesterday I got the annuals planted in the little raised bed by my front porch but then I had to help DH with the lawn. A part broke on the riding mower so we were trying to finish this round with the push one. Of course, we mow about 2 acres so it took quite a long time.....I'm counting it as my workout for the day!

Jennifer, sorry it is raining on your day off. Our forecast for the week looks great. Maybe you can get some relaxing in?

Ruth, a busy Mill Day is a blessing and a curse, isn't it? Hope you get to spend some time with the doggage today.

Debbie, welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your trip but sorry to hear about the illness. Maybe a nap will make its way into your afternoon plans?

Pearlrose
, happy birthday to DH! What did you do to celebrate?

Ok, my coffee cup is empty so I need to get up. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 05-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in today felt nice to do so. Yesterday we ended up going to DH's favorite restaurant so he could get prime rib and we did putt putt golf while he hit the batting cages. He did go to the Cardinals game as well and then we had a quiet evening at home, good day except I had a piece of BD cake so today is back on track and op for me.

Today I think we are going to the lake for a bit since it is so nice. DS is going to come with his gf since they couldn't go yesterday.

Ruth glad yesterday was a success

Jekel with my cat it is hit or miss if he is going to wake me up, haven't seen him this morning yet.

Debbie sorry to hear that you were sick yesterday hopefully it is past- glad to hear you had a good time on the trip though

Beth enjoy your day!
Closed Thread