South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 05:26 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Beachin', May 4

Good morning!

I'm up and enjoying coffee. I'm feeling a little tired this morning but coffee will help. LOL. Work turned crazy yesterday. We were super slow all morning and then just got hammered. It was super slow all morning and then wham. In the middle of the craziness I learned that the restaurant a block down and closed for the day. It was my day to leave early and that didn't happen. I got home late and didn't do much of anything. Went to bed early.

Today is another day and I haven't yet figured out how I will adjust. Kirk flies in from his trip arriving in Denver at 10:30 tonight. That is so past my bedtime. I'd like to work in the yard today but need to pace myself and will figure out a long nap late in the afternoon.

I had a crazy thing happened yesterday morning. I decided to unravel the bag containing my clothing and jewelry purchases for my trip to Las Vegas. When I emptied the small bag which contained the jewelry, the earrings were there but the two necklaces and bracelet were missing. I just thought no big deal they must have been left on the counter at the store. When I called at 10 AM the woman who waited on me said she didn't have them there and she recalled that she put them in the bag. in the meantime I searched my car, when I got home I told her things out of the bottom of my closet to see if they had fallen out. I looked in the cushion of the chair that I set the bag on. Nothing. I talked with the manager again and said it was a no-fault deal. It was just that I had purchased the outfit because the jewelry Looked so nice with it. would she be able to check and see if any of the other stores had those. Bottom line was I just needed to replace them. Thank goodness she found them elsewhere and will have them shipped to her store. They weren't too costly but what a mystery. I've never had anything happen like that before but I am sure glad that I decided to contact the bag yesterday and not find this out two weeks down the road. LOL

So that's my stuff. I look forward to hearing about all of yours.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-04-2016 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Glad you got the jewelry, Debbie! Ten thirty is way past my bedtime too - how far away is the airport, and what time do you think you'll be back home and in bed? Did you at least get good tips yesterday?

I made a double batch of texas caviar yesterday, for the teacher's appreciation today at the middle school. I need to have that to the school by 9, then my day is pretty free, I think. Tomorrow is the double batch of black bean salad, my favorite! (I might need to make triple for that...I told my friend that just had a baby I'll bring some to her too!)

Maybe if it stays pretty I'll grab my binoculars and go to the Marsh ...
Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my slow, very tired morning. Can't wait until DH changes jobs and we don't have the Tuesday night/Wednesday exhaustion thing anymore. I'm subbing for the math teacher this morning, so I better wake up.
Yesterday the CSA brought us an amazing lunch. I have to admit I was very surprised. Middle school parents just aren't as connected as elementary, but ours did an amazing job. Today I will be very on-plan to make-up for some indiscretions. I did great during lunch, but cleaning up did me in

Debbie - 10:30 is usually past my bedtime too, and I'm not up as early as you are. So glad they were able to find more of that jewelry for you.

Tammy - Yum, I need to go find that black bean salad recipe again. I love salad season.

I need to get moving. Happy Hump Day

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-04-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work. Went to bed at 9 p.m. last night even though I wasn't tired but I knew I would be today if I didn't. Have several meetings one in a different building so that will break things up. Forgot DD2 had art class last night so she is going today instead and the annual rummage sale starts this evening so might swing by that.

Debbie that is so weird how they disappeared, that would bug me, glad they were able to find replacements.

Tywnn that is so nice of you to do that for the teachers

Cyndi hope your day goes by quickly

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2016, 08:05 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Wednesday morning. Slept until 6:30 for a change and am now enjoying some sugar-free caramel coffee. Barb's kids constantly give her flavoured coffee which she hates and she will get another batch this Mother's Day.

Debbie, sorry yesterday was so tiring. I do hope your long afternoon nap materializes today I'm sure you and Kirk will have lots to talk about.

Tammy, I so need to make Texas caviar and black bean salad. My eating lately has been sort of grab and go.

Cyndi, don't forget to put Ontario on your summer plans. I have two spare rooms and Cricket is welcome too.

Pearlrose, going to bed early to rest up in advance is a great plan. I should do that. I don't think falling asleep in front of the TV is as effective!

Not sure what today will bring but do know that tomorrow is Michelle Day and she's really needed after not being her for a month. Of course, I clean but not the way she does. She always does extras like taking down light shades from the ceiling fixtures and cleaning them before I notice it's needed. She's a gem and I've known her since 1985 when she live in the house next door. I have meetings tomorrow so will do any tidying and sorting today so I can leave her to it!

Rain in today's forecast o the grass cutting was perfect timing. Hope everyone has a Hump-free (not Bogart) Day!
Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all... hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone! Another rainy day but work was smooth, I managed my workout and now I'm ready to relax. The weekend does not look like it will cooperate with either gardening or walking; lots of rain. Oh well, the garden will get planted sometime.

Debbie, hope you get a nap and Kirk gets home safely. Glad you were able to replace the jewelry.

Tammy, I must try that recipe.

How was math today, Cyndi? Hope class went off without a hitch.

Ruth, I'm thinking Delta might be on the summer list.

Rivergirl
and Pearlrose, hope you had a good day.
Closed Thread