South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 08:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Spring Weekend April 30-May 1

Good morning! I have coffee! Anyone up?
Old 04-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #2  

I've been up for a bit reading and surfing. I have coffee and am enjoying sipping while watching the birds in the yard. We have a sunny and warm day on tap. I probably need to run to the grocery store for a few items but I want to get out and do some yardwork since tomorrow we are slated for rain all day. My seed order arrived yesterday so I am chomping to plant but the snow this week gave me a reality check. I supposed I could plant a few cold weather things but will probably stick to prep chores this week and try to plant the lettuce and radishes, etc next week.

Other than that, there's always laundry and cleaning, isn't there?!

What's everyone else up to today?
Old 04-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'm here. Was here earlier and was too lazy to start the thread. Thank you!!!

My life is on rewind, play, repeat lately. Cannot wait to leave for DC on the 9th. Looking forward to a change of scenery. I do need to get some miles in before work, but seem to be dragging a bit. TOM is making a surprise second visit this month! I'm such a lucky girl lol. Better now than when I am on the ride. Maybe I'll lug the patio furniture outside. We are supposed to have rain most of the week. Might be good to get some of the dust off of it lol

Have a great day!
Old 04-30-2016, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Beth - good idea. My husband will be itchin' to get out of the house, and DD keeps saying she'll do a garden for me this year. Maybe they can work on cleaning out the garden? I'd love to plant some greens.

Jennifer - you should plan a couple days down here to visit me .

Beth really did have a great idea, maybe I'll break the whip out and have the family clean the garden . I had a nice healthy dinner planned until DH reminded me of all the leftovers...so maybe those tonight, and the pork tenderloin with all the good southern trimmin's tomorrow night (sweet potato, collards, deviled eggs....). I'm debating asking a couple of friends over too.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!
Old 04-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A miracle happened! I was up at 5, let the dogs out and in, had a coffee and went back to bed until 8:30! I just may be caught up on sleep.

Not sure what the day will bring. I may take the tablecloths back to the Town Hall and deal with some of the leftovers that are languishing in the fridge but that will be all. I need to catch up with myself this weekend!
Old 04-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

I was woke up this morning at 6:30 by the cat trying to get into our bedroom, I am sure to wake me up...either way it worked. I have already worked out and had breakfast this morning.

Beth the rain is still here with us and will stay all day so it will be indoor activities for us today. I am okay with that.

Jekel I know what you mean about the same scenery, sometimes you just need a break. For the past month or so, I have been lucky if I get a few days with out a visit from TOM, my hormones are so out of whack. I need to make an appointment for yearly anyways so might as well make an appointment.

Tywnn enjoy your day and hope you family cleans out your garden

Good morning Ruth you were posting same times as me, yea for sleeping

Have a great day!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-30-2016 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:16 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Beth! I try as often as possible since Ruth has to deal with those spammers all the time. It sounds like you have a beautiful day happening! I surmise what snow we are having now will be your rain later. Enjoy the sun while it's here!

Jennifer, I understand rewind, play, repeat. Frustrating sometimes. Glad you have your trip in the near future. I hope you get on your bike today!

Tammy, mmm…..wish I could come over for dinner! It would be neat for DD to start gardening!

Ruth, kudos for getting back to sleep after the dog outage. Catch up with your self-sounds like what I am attempting.

Pearlrose, sorry for the wake up. Maybe a "cat nap" later?? LOL

I had monthly potluck last night which gets me home way past bedtime. I think I remember seeing 10pm. I woke at 430 anyway and after 2 cups of coffee decided to "just do it". Packed up what I needed and headed up to paint over our replaced wall/floor in the rental closet. I vacuumed and did more tidying but decided to leave the fan running in the bathroom since we don't have anyone we're going to show it to for a few days. Got home, changed clothes and I have the day for me! My house is reasonably clean so I think I'll start with coffee. It's still cold (28) but sun is shining. I did thaw the hummingbird feeder.

I got everything but big bags of soil out of the vehicle from yesterday. Found my list in my bag as I was checking out at Costco. Fortunately, I remembered organic sugar. (for hummingbirds) Proud to say we don't go through 5# of sugar in a year. It's amazing. I still use agave for baking but don't do much of that, either. Lol

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-30-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, less than 5# sugar/year? My DD has recently gotten into baking, so we use quite a bit of sugar. Hhhmmmmm, I wonder why DH is at his highest weight ever? (He's still not *that* heavy, just heavy for him....)
Old 04-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks Taking a break from gardening to run the pressure cooker. I'm making lentil burgers for dinner and want to get the lentils and rice cooked ahead of time so I can just mix and grill.

Beth - I was up, already had my hair cut, and having coffee with a friend by the time you posted No time to get in here until now though. I put more radishes and beets in today.

Jennifer - Hope you got a ride in today (is it sunny there too?)

Tammy - happy gardening

Ruth - hooray for sleep

Rose - That's how cats win. Eventually, we just give in (or maybe that's just me )

Debbie - Do you use any honey or maple syrup? I buy one bag of sugar a year to make food for the hummingbirds. Whatever is left in the fall goes into the compost. I do use honey, maple syrup, and date paste to bake (not SBD friendly, I know).

I'm trying to get as much outside work done today as I can. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. have plenty to do inside, but won't spend time doing it while the sun is out. I hear the pressure cooker, so I can get back out in a few. Happy weekend

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-30-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:28 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy May 1st! I guess I'm caught up on sleep as I've been awake since 3 a.m. I'm also caught up on laundry and will take the sixteen tablecloths back to the Town Hall later today if it's not raining.

Took a stroll through the wood down by the Lake yesterday to check out the wild flowers. So very pretty this time of year. I should have taken along my good camera although I did have my phone with me in case I ran into trouble. The bloodroot and hepaticas were in glorious bloom. So were those pesky little no-see-ums that I manage to forget from year to year. The woods were full of trilliums but they were in bud, not in bloom. They are always out for Mother's Day.

It's the first Sunday of the month so we will meet for coffee and toast at Doug and Claire's house. Always fun to get together with the former Church group. This afternoon I plan to whip this house back into shape as the rest of this week will be busy. I still have not set up the front porch for the season - maybe later if it's not too chilly.

Enjoy this first day of May, whatever you do.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #11  

Good morning!
Yesterday turned out to be fairly productive: groceries, yardwork and a walk. Today will be inside chores as rain is in the forecast.

Ruth, there were all manner of flying things outside while I was working. I hate that creepy crawly feeling they give me when I come inside! Enjoy your coffee group.

Cyndi, I am always impressed by your gardening exploits!! Sounds like things are in full gear for you again. Ain't it grand?? I love May and June but they are so busy.

Have a great day, chicks. Happy May Day!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Guess who woke me up again this morning.....Spent most of yesterday reading a book, the sun managed to come out for a bit so I took the dog for a walk. Not sure what is on the agenda today but I think we will go somewhere today.

Ruth sounds like your walk in the woods was lovely

Beth glad you got outdoor activities in yesterday
Old 05-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #13  

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit
Old 05-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I went to bed early and slept late. I'm going to try to get caught up on rest the next few days. After looking at Las Vegas weather yesterday morning I decided to head down to Denver and do a close shop. I found an outfit for the wedding with some cool shoes to match. Brought home a few more tops to see if they would go with pants I already had. I will keep one and take the others back. I'm glad that's done. No need to spend much money it's only three days.

Cyndi, I just don't do much drinking anymore. I do use maple syrup but have never tried date sugar.

My smoothie is already made so I will sit and enjoy coffee for a little bit before heading to work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2016, 08:05 AM   #15  

Good morning well we were supposed to go riding today but it is raining. Great I'd excuse to get caught up on the house. I skipped yesterday and opted for some down time in my couch. I did manage to trim Mick's nails. Unfortunately I got the quick. Only the second time in 16 years that has happened. Not sure what today will bring.

Tammy I will absolutely come visit you this summer!!! Did DH and the kids clean out the garden? Joe's garden has been neglected and will be again this summer until the house is done. I'm putting a few things in containers and hoping for the best.

Ruth catching up on sleep is a good thing. Have fun with your friends this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day. Sorry I feel zombie like, my coffee needs to kick in.
Closed Thread