South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Once Again Wednesday! aka Hump Day

Good morning. Woke to the sound of the snowplow on Day 3 of alleged Spring! Whaddayagonnado?

I am treating today like a Monday and going to the gym at 7:30 to get in the groove again. Even just treadmill and weights will be a start. One of my biggest problem at the gym is people wanting to chat with me and I just want to do my routine and then get back to real life. I'd pretend I was a deaf mute but people know me.

The rest of the day will be as usual - deskwork and some tidying since tomorrow is Michelle Day! I do have a Fair Board Meeting at 7 tonight but may just send a report and my regrets. And then it's Easter Weekend. (So far I've not had a single Cadbury egg and I'm planning to keep it that way!)

Time for a smoothie and then get hopping into the day.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, who can stick to just one Cadbury egg?! I forgot about you being on the fair board!

I'm off for a new neurologist, an appointment I made 7 months ago . Originally I made it for one issue, but now he'll get to hear about all my other ones, lucky him! If I like him, I'll switch to him, especially because he's down the hall from my new surgeon. What's the best part though, is I'm going with my crazy cat friend lady again, and I know it will be good conversation the whole way! We already have a list of things to gossip, I mean talk, about .

And DD's volleyball team was the only team that went 6-0, so they're in the championship tourney today after school. I saw her last night, she did awesome!! Volleyball was the sport I loved when I was younger, I'd be so happy if she picked it up. She has a height advantage over me (she's 5'2" already at 11, I topped out at 5'4").

I took a little break, time to keep getting ready. Thirty-five minutes til lift off!
Old 03-23-2016, 07:17 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yesterday's appointment took a weight off, so feeling lighter this morning. I am probably not because DH and I went out for an anniversary dinner and he chose an appetizer that was not on any plan out there , but I feel lighter Thought I was going to spend part of my summer vacation getting my thyroid out, but I've had another reprieve. The longer I can put it off, the better IMO.
Today is just another hump day. Hope the weather stays clear so we can take the kids out in science.

Ruth - When I went to the gym I always wore my earbuds, even if I wasn't listening to anything.

Tammy - Hope the neuro is a good fit.

Time to get moving.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Cyndi, glad to hear of your reprieve! My sister has had one also. She's super happy not to have to do it during the beautiful summer.

Tammy, yay for a fun time while you go to an appointment.

Ruth, difficult when you drag yourself to the gym and everybody wants to talk. I have to be pretty vigilant at the pool chat for a few minutes just get back to my workout.

Somehow I had energy after work yesterday and drove with her be down to do some chores and meet up with the grandkids at the park. It was a good thing because it was 70° yesterday and it's snowing this morning. I was pretty sure snow was going to happen then when I stared at the yard yesterday thinking I will look at all the things I could do I knew it was going to happen today. I'll just get some things done in the house.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Tammy I do hope you like this doc. More importantly I hope he can help you. Have fun with the crazy cat lady lol.

Ruth I agree with Cyndi. I would wear ear buds not plugged into anything. There were a group of regulars that liked to lollygag and chit chat. I was on a mission. Finally I said, nicely, when I am on the treadmill in this one section, please don't approach me. I am trying to reach a goal speed/time/mileage and need to really concentrate. It worked. Enjoy your gym time.

Cyndi glad you get to wait in your thyroid. My neighbor had her's removed a few years ago. Glad that weight has been lifted off you.

Same old here. Scale decided to take a three pound jump over night. Me thinks it's hormones / water weight. Just not sure why. Not going to stress because I know I am doing what I should. I do need to pick up food for Easter. I elected to stay home. DS and Joey are coming over in the evening for dinner. Yeah I get the morning to get an outdoor bike ride in lol. I'm planning on turkey breast with butternut squash, green beans almandine and couscous. Dessert will be fruit and yogurt parfaits. Now I guess I will have to clean before them. Maybe Michelle would make a trip here lol.

Have a great day!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, that sure took a hunk out of my morning! Of course there was lots of chat with staff and regulars and my PT gave me a hug. Too bad they are closed Friday to Tuesday because I really feel I need to get back in the swinging of things. I will get back into the MWT 7 to 9 routine next which will give me an hour of workout!
Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!
I slept in a bit this morning but was also busy in the kitchen. I wanted some muffins so while I was at it I put in a quiche to freeze for next week. Now I'm set for breakfast when I go back to work.

Yesterday I was glad to get some cleaning done, but also took a walk with DH that was chilly and sunny; today I will probably stay inside as there is a fresh coating of snow outside. I think I will also start the closet purge. I'd like to weed out a bag or two for donation.

Ruth, glad you survived the gym! Personally, I tend to do my workouts in private or on the sidewalk. Fewer distractions that way and I don't have to feel self-conscious.

Tammy on your appointment today. Hope you find some answers.

Cyndi, for a reprieve. Did you get to go outside with the kids?

Debbie, your weather is really schizo isn't it. And I thought our March was being erratic.

Jennifer, since I am a compulsive "weigh every day" type I fully understand your horror at the overnight jump. (been there myself just recently) I also see a jump almost every time I eat out. Luckily I understand the daily ups and downs, but it is still frustrating, isn't it.

Ok, guess I should get off my butt and find a project. Like I said, it's too easy to sit too much when I'm home.
Closed Thread