South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 06:12 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday (Choose Day) SBD Chat, Feb 23

Good Morning!

Up and at 'em!

It started snowing last night. I knew it would and am glad I got a little yard work in before hand. Every little bit moves me forward. Work today and I head in early so the day will pass quickly. I had a few niggles at home and the most important one has been crossed off my list. Kirk was out shoveling and has headed in. I will go have some coffee with him but wanted to say hello first. I hope you all have a great day! Today I choose to "accept the things I cannot change" and will enjoy my day!

Great to hear from Linda yesterday!

to all!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-23-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Debbie, and chicks to come! Hope you have a good day at work and the roads are good.

Today I will choose foods that are OP; I am planning an off-plan weekend so will stay focused until then. And choose to be thankful for a workable eating plan that is not just a quick fix diet but can be a lifestyle.

Other than that, it's work and exercise. I feel in control of the household niggles since I stayed focused (and snowbound!) during my days off. I know the list is always growing but it is nice to feel caught up for a bit.

I've got to run. I will check in later!
Old 02-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ah yes, Choose Day. When the 3 a.m. Jazz alarm sounded, I chose to get up, feed and potty them and then flop on the couch and semi-doze until 6. There was a glorious full moon but it's clouded over now. I was hoping for a sunny day but it appears the weather witches are getting ready organizing another major snow dump Wednesday and Thursday. Yesterday was just beautiful - cold but sunny and I saw a flock of white swans flying over the village early in the morning.

The events committee meeting was long but productive. We chose who would be manager for each event. I have to organize and produce a lunch for 48 architect and designer types at the end of April - veggie soup, small ploughman's lunch and a simple dessert. And so the season begins! Actually the Syrup festival is the 3rd weekend in April but that will be less work.

At 9:30 Anna and I are going to the bank to witness the drilling of the lock on the Mill safety deposit box. The key has been lost for several years. I think it was buried with a past president when he died. Then we will check out the florist for flowers for a friend who is recovering from a mastectomy. If we are feeling brave, we may deliver them! Maggie's house is way back in the woods on Red Horse Lake and the road is often closed. It should be an adventure. I'll be sure to take my cell phone.

Nothing planned for the afternoon but Life's been throwing curve balls at me lately. Dentist appointment tomorrow to replace two cracked fillings so maybe I should spend the afternoon flossing?

As Debbie says "accept the things you cannot change" and enjoy the day!
Old 02-23-2016, 09:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning today I too will choose to be OP. I have been doing really well, but yesterday had a bad night of stress binging. Got some stressful news from work last night. I can't elaborate but it's not good. I am regretting taking this promotion. I need to find an outlet to deal with stress better. I'm ok when I'm not home. Living alone doesn't help matters. Keep your fingers crossed I'm getting my taxes done today. I might need a nice refund.

I think I am going to re read my SB book. I could use a little extra motivation right now. Although I did get a really good workout in yesterday. Hope to get another one in before work. I am committing myself to working out each day until month's end as I lost a full week from my back

Ruth good luck at the dentist. Please carry your cellphone. Sounds like your friend lives in a remote hideaway.

Beth sounds like you are in a good place and ready to handle the week.

Debbie great reminder from the Serenity prayer! Have a great day at work.

Time to finish my second cup, then face the day. I took tomorrow off for a doctor's appointment, which I cancelled last night. I am going to keep the day for myself.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening all I am heading toward the bike soon, so grabbing a few minutes to check-in. Nothing exciting happening here, more work, more doctor's appointments, less winter After the bike I am working on my seed starting area. I need growing things.

Debbie - Yard work sounds so promising

Beth - Hm, maybe I need a snow bound day to catch up? No, there must be a better way!

Ruth - Did you find some time to relax this afternoon?

Jennifer - Hope you are able to find/create some balance. I have to say that I miss the money I made at the old job, but I really do not miss the stress. Good luck.

Today I choose to exercise, time to do it. After that, maybe something else productive, or maybe I'll read or be lazy. Who can say
Closed Thread