South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 06:55 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend beach chat, February 6-7

Good morning I'm heading down to make coffee!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:08 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I'm going to see if I can get a little more rest. My sleep seems to be a little disrupted after that midnight drive. I'm going to try to stay home today and get some stuff done. I am hoping the tenant comes through. Other than that. Nothing.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie. Hope you get some more sleep.

We are starting slow this morning. DH just left for work (late) because it was a long day yesterday. Drove to CT in an unpleasant snow storm, then dealt with hospital and MIL stuff all day. It is emotionally complicated for him and adds a layer of stress to the usual challenges dealing with an aging parent with declining health. The distance also makes it stressful. We will go back down next weekend and help her figure some things out. We still need to talk to the doctors too. Right now we just have very patchy information. DH looked very tired this morning.

My agenda is just the usual weekend chores. I've got some cleaning, some cooking, some shopping, and taxes planned for my weekend. good times
The sun is trying to peak through, that will make it all easier
Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday evening we went to the Science Center they had an X Files event, it was fun and free. Today is just laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping and if I can get DD2 up and out some carpet ripping.

Debbie I hope you were able to get some more rest this morning.

Cyndi I dread when the day comes when we will have to address issues with both my parents and DH has we live so far away from both of them. Prayers for your situation.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We are moving slowly here also. I actually slept in a bit this morning and then was being quiet since DH was still asleep. We have an inch or two of new snow and it looks pretty outside.

Today will be some chores and shopping. Yee-haw.

Debbie, hope you got your sleep.

Cyndi, my thoughts and prayers. I am just starting down the path of "parents in declining health". It is never easy.

Pearl, sounds like a fun event! Good luck on the carpet project.

Okay, I need coffee. Have a good day, all!
Old 02-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! .Made it.
. Got switched to my laptop and it sure is different from XP but was time to upgrade. Really not sure what I am doing but Hi!!!!!!!.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Really?? Did I really just lose my post?? I swear sometimes technology outsmarts me!

Which leads me to say, welcome back, Ruth! Hopefully the learning curve on the new laptop will be short and well worth it!

Yesterday I got my groceries and a workout but then I got involved in a book...so today I need to be sure to do some laundry and the mental check of "am I ready for the work week?"

But first, coffee. Anyone else up and ready for a cup?
Old 02-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

What a difference a day of rest made. I face this Sunday with my eyes wide open .lol I've started my taxes (this morning) so I'll work then just lounge when I get home. Cold continues and I dream of warm weather and gardens.

Beth, sorry about the post. I'm typing on my notepad. Hope you finish laundry so you can have some free time before Monday hits.

Ruth, congrats on your upgrade! Yep, it takes awhile to figure out!

Pearlrose, thx for the update on inversion thingie. Did you get your carpet ripped out?

Cyndi, sending supportive thoughts your way. I'm so grateful mom is only a block away. I hear ya on ski traffic. In winter I have to plan my schedule around it.

Tammy,

Ah, must go find more coffee!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

My cat woke me up at 6 a.m. again second day in a row, guess he is used to my early rising on the weekdays so I was up early.

Yesterday, did get about half of the room of carpet up. The hard part is the wall, will try to tackle some more today. Plus need to get some laundry done as welll.

Ruth glad you switched with no problems

Beth I hate when I lose my post and it is normally accidentally clicking on a key and I don't even know what key but it will take me to a previous page.

Debbie hope work goes by quickly so you can lounge later today.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Didn't make it here yesterday. The short sleep and early start at work left me dragging, still am lol. Had a wonderful dinner with my college friends. Two has to cancel at the last minute, but the 4 of us made the best of it. Still laughing after 25 years of friendship.

Joe is coming down to watch the game with me. Neither of us care about the game, but since I am in a pool at work I'll watch lol. Tomorrow I'll work on undoing indulgences from this weekend.

Cyndi I'm glad DH has you to help him during this time. My folks live far and I've always been the one to come running. Hopefully maybe they will stay healthy.

Debbie recharging your batteries helps face stressful days. Enjoy some R&R if you can.

Pearlrose I'm hoping your motivation might rub off on me to work on DS room tomorrow. Since it is empty I am going to make a list and do one project at a time. I tend to get overwhelmed because I want it finished now lol.

Ruth glad you are enjoying your new laptop.

Beth I lose posts all the time. I think I have brain fog. The other day I went to heat soup in the microwave. Watched the darn thing for two minutes then realized the microwave was empty. Oiy vey!

Tammy hope you and the family are enjoying your weekend.

Guess I better get moving. Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2016, 10:45 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in after saying farewell to my coffee-drinking, toast crunching pals. Now I'll put on my city face and figure out how to get to the Chateau Laurier through all the construction and Winterlude road closures to meet for afternoon tea! See you later. (It'll be a very Downton Abbey afternoon.)
Closed Thread