South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Motivation SBD Chat for 11/16

Good morning! I guess I'm on 1st.

It's a clear, cold, morning, and I see I'm going to have to scrape my windshield. I'm anticipating the usual Monday rush, and added to that, Maggie starts piano lessons with a new teacher this afternoon, so we'll have to add that in. I just hope I get home in time to change and get the spinach artichoke dip baked in time before my SILs pick me up for the book club!
Old 11-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. No frost here - yet! I do need to put the scraper and the rest of my winter survival kit into the car soon though. Three weeks from today I may need it when I arrive back at Ottawa Airport but I hope not! None in the forecast for the next two weeks.

Finally got the bookcases out of my barn and into the Town Hall Christmas Shop. It sure is difficult to work with volunteers. I need some volunTOLDS! Today we will start pricing and arranging the stock - we being just Katherine and I, I hope!

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but I intend to enjoy it. We are supposed to be up to 52º on Wednesday so I may do the outside lights then. Moel is starting on the 39 wreaths that go on the Mill windows so I won't ask him for help until that's done. I'm sure glad I don't have to bake gingerbread men this week!

The kitchen is cleared, Milo has come down the hill for his dog visit, I can't do laundry because I've run out of detergent so I may as well go and have coffee at the UC Hall with the other early-birds of the Village before I meet Katherine to price stock. She's not a morning person but I'm working on that.

Hope you feel motivated today. As I get older, I feel guilty about wasting a day! I'm not sure if I need a thumb in the bum or a carrot on a stick.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I think it's funny there's frost in Philly, but not in Canada! FWIW Linda, there's not a frost here either in central PA. I think it will be a beautiful day!

Ruth, You need to get the whip out on those volunteers . Thanks for the reminder - I need to get laundry detergent too (and dishwasher detergent...add it to the niggles list!).

For me - a couple of appointments today, and that oughtta do it. DH left for a work trip, he'll be gone a couple of days...so I'll expend all my energy with the kids tonight! I'm glad we have a ton of leftovers, I'm not sure I'll need to cook the next couple of nights...

Another sip of coffee......
Old 11-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda. Hope you get home in time to complete your dip.

Ruth. The christmas decorations at the mill must make everything so festive.

me. Dh is off to put winter tires on. We had a lovely lunch with dd and gss. Wished they lived closer because it was a short sweet visit. Long visits are so tiring. Watching the sad events in Paris. I really love that city. Have a great day everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

In office day today with lots of meetings. We are getting rain today and tomorrow but it is in the 50s. Nothing on agenda this evening, DH and DD1 are going to hockey game.

Cottage hope you are able to get home in time to get everything ready for book club

Ruth hope you get a lot of volunteers to assist

Tywnn enjoy the time with the kiddos this evening

Sophie it is very sad about what is going on in the world.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening! No frost here this morning, but we have already had several mornings where I did scrape the windshield. However, I did notice that our little reprieve of morning daylight is gone; we are back to the darkness we had when we set the clocks back.

Another busy day at school but somehow I felt organized and productive today. (Doesn't always happen so I am glad for the days it does!)

Trying to be truly OP this week since I wasn't this past weekend and next week is Tgiving. Had a successful day so far so I'm declaring my Monday officially Motivated!

Hope everyone else was motivated today!
Old 11-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Monday done, now on to the rest of the week. Not sure if we had a frost this morning, but the house was pretty cold. We've had several freezes so I'm not noticing the frost anymore. I just hope we don't have any white stuff on the ground for a long time. There was a little in the air Saturday, just to get my attention.

I get my tires on Wednesday Sophie. I try to wait as long as I can without getting stuck n the 5-hour line the day before a storm Last year we pulled out of the tire place as the day before Thanksgiving storm hit. I decided to beat the rush this year. Need them on before next week when we travel to NY.

Off to find something light and fluffy to watch before bed. No t.v. here, just Netflix and Amazon Prime. See anything good lately?
Closed Thread