South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 06:50 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Beachin', October 28

Good Morning! Coffee is ready!

I've been up awhile. Got the laundry in and dishwasher running. I've been putting "stuff" away but thought I'd take a few minutes to check in.

Today is down to Denver for mom's appointment with a stop at WhFoods and Costco. I was planning to go to Costco Boulder since they have the most organics/earth friendly stuff and my closest one doesn't have the recycled TP. I called to make sure they carry it (yes) then heard on the news that the GOP Debate is tonight in BOULDER. I decided to go anyway....hope I don't get stuck in DTrumps motorcade lol

My mom's tenant will be out tonight so we can go up and see what needs to be done. That screws up my "me day" for tomorrow but I would like to just get in and paint and get back out. Keeping my fingers crossed there aren't any "surprises".

It didn't freeze hard (as of yet) although we had snow flurries yesterday afternoon. Think I'll take the pups out for another cup of coffee. They missed the 4am jogger as he cruised by earlier. Yay!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-28-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default WWednesday Warbles & Wobbles - Oct. 28

Good morning. I am in shock! I got on the scale this morning and my suspected five pound gain has morphed into ten pounds. I suspect it's partly salt since I had a popcorn supper last night. When you try to eat lower carb most of the time, your body just grabs carbs as fast as it can when it meets them. So as of today, I'm back to what I weighed on November 2014.

(I was at the doctor yesterday for my flu shot, foot care and a faced some embarrassing comments from Dr Jack re my bloodwork and taking care of myself. Time to shape up and get with the programme.)

We have pouring rain today (Thanks, Patricia!) and I'm hoping I don't have to go it in it. I certainly could handle a day home alone with the pups. I have a breakfast meeting here Sunday morning with some church and community people and need to dig out dishes, coffee mugs, etc. We will be discussing the future of our dear old St Paul's church which closed two years ago.

Time to plan a day of South Beach eating and stop "wobbling'! .
Old 10-28-2015, 06:57 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I can really use the extra coffee here. Last night was DH's late shift so I got to bed late. I woke at 3 to discover the pellet stove was out, so up for an hour and a half to get it going and make sure it stayed on. It's going to be a very long day.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Witchy-Washy Wednesday SBD Chat for 10/28

It's looking dreary and spooky outside this morning, with rain and wind blowing leaves into a frenzy. I guess it's a fitting scenario for the upcoming holiday.

The fashion show party was fun last night, and the clothing line was gorgeous. I found several things I would have liked, but the price tags were waaaaaay over my head and I just couldn't justify spending that much money. Nice thing is that if you host a party, you get your things 1/2 price.

Today is going to be a good day to go through the girls' rooms and organize their closets and dressers. They've been informed as to my plans, so hopefully they've planned, accordingly, if you know what I mean. I had to "walk" Maggie through the steps to make pumpkin bread over the phone last night. Audrey "forgot" she promised to take it to school today for one of her classes, and had practice last night so she couldn't make it, and though I'd be there. Luckily, her sister offered to make it for her. I hope it turned out!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ruth, my reading from the past 2 weeks looks like 6# but back on the wagon it's slowly inching down. I'll stop wobbling with you!

Cyndi, burr….hope your day passes quickly! I'm reminded of the old wood stove in Alaska back in the days when I lived alone and it was my only heat. I was poor but bought an electric blanket.

Linda, glad you had fun at the fashion show. If you host an event do you have to provide food….Kohls sounds better to me lol Funny about the kids and pumpkin bread!

Time to put the clothes in the dryer and locate more coffee! I almost forgot I have to drop Kirby off at daycare/groomer. He has an "itch" that seems to be resolved by regular bathing/comb out. He has so much hair I'm afraid I'd be calling the plumber if I did it here. I've tried switching foods, adding coconut oil to his food....bugs are ruled out, as well. The groomer also suggested benedryl the next time the itching starts. I guess I'll start figuring the dosage and find out how much he weighs now....we've had him almost a year.....hard to believe. Come to think of it, it wasn't a winter thing but started in summer....maybe it is allergies.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - shhhh, I think Zyrtec (generic is fine) works WAY better than Benadryl. Just sayin'. Um, hopefully you won't run into any traffic jams with the debate. I bet they're whisked in and out pretty quick.

Cottage - it would be a crime (IMHO) to mess up a batch of pumpkin bread .

Cyndi - hope the day goes by quickly and smoothly

Ruth - I'm waiting for my blood work results as well - I'm a little apprehensive, since I'm not eating nearly as well as I used to.

But I did make Hoppin' John for dinner tonight! Just got that chopped up and in the crock pot, so I won't have to do anything later. The kids actually love it. This morning I have a bible study, then meeting a friend for lunch. A couple of other niggles too (we're almost out of coffee! *GASP*).

Have a great hump day!!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'm in the haven't been eating right boat lately too. I am not beating myself up yet lol. I've been mentally preparing myself my trip next week I will regain control over working out and eating correctly. Seems when I was sick earlier in the month I went askew. Now I need to rein myself in before disaster strikes.

Glad everyone is doing well. I need to get moving as there is a promotion ceremony today. I can't stay fit it as I am going to the funeral for PO Holder (NYPD). It is a nasty day here with heavy rain predicted. Seems fitting for a funeral.

Stay dry chickies
Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another wfh day, it's a rainy day as well. I need to focus on getting some reports started and quit getting distracted.

I have been staying op but am at the stage where my weight will stall stall stall and then it will drop, its just frustrating because I haven't strayed off plan in 8 weeks and am the lightest I have been in a couple of years. Stay the course is the strategy

Ruth hopefully some of it is water retention and you will get back on track

Debbie hope you don't get stuck in traffic

Cottage sounds like nice clothes but I am with you don't like too pay too much, I like sales racks

Cyndi hope you get a nap in today

Tywnn enjoy your bible study today.

Jekel stay dry today!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-28-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Sometimes DH (our designated family Costco shopper) goes to the store further away for things they carry that the local one doesn't. (Booze, for example.) Hope you get through town okay.

Ruth - Enjoy your dog day. I need to get back on board with eating with you!

Cyndi - I'm tired just reading about it!

Linda - Sounds like you had a fun night. I'm trying to get the smell of pumpkin bread out of my mind.

Tammy - I had to google Hoppin' John. Sounds yummy.

Jennifer - Sounds like a sad and gloomy day there.

Rose - Good for you staying OP and being your lightest.

With DH gone so much, I've gotten very lazy with my eating. (Like frozen yogurt bars for dinner instead of real food.) Time to get out of this habit and back on track. I really do feel better when I am eating right.

We got invited to the World Series game last night but had to say no since we were still on MIL duty. If we get invited again tonight, I'll go stay with MIL so DH can attend the game. He gets to sleep at home tonight but will be back there again in the morning. DS2 just booked his flights home for December. Both boys will be here for 3 days overlapping Christmas. Woo hoo. First time in 3 years, I think. Now I just need to get my in-laws on board with celebrating the holiday when my boys are home.

Have a great day.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks! It's been a dark and rainy day here as well; I am not looking forward to changing the clock this weekend and losing more light in the afternoon.

Just another busy day at work with an afterschool activity as well. However I did force myself to come home and workout for a bit.

Good to hear everyone's news.

Cyndi, that's why you have children when you are young! I can't imagine getting up in the night on a regular basis anymore.

Debbie, were you successful in your cross-town travels?

Jennifer, thinking of you.

Tonight's dinner is a choice of leftover chili or beef stew. Both seem fitting for today's weather!
Old 10-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm having chili too - leftover black bean with some extra beef asses. No TV tonight as the cable is not coming though - too much driving rain. The dogs are going to have to be forced outside for pre-bed potty. Jazz, the Russian Prince, feels he should be able to piddle indoors when it's inclement. I think his weekend visit from Angus the younger Scottish Prince, gave him the idea.

Early bed for us all tonight as I have to be on the road early for a dental appointment in Kingston at 8.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/194/175

Hey, friends. Sorry for the late stop-in this week. Halloween + full moon + company coming + school parties + doctors' appointments + ...well, you get the idea.

All that said, eating is going well. I'm not getting enough sleep, but that's a given for having a 6 month old. Poor thing got three shots today at his check-up. It'll be lots of fussing and cuddling tonight, I assume.

Well, off I go! Need to get outfits laid out for the morning.
Closed Thread