South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thankful Thursday Chat - October 8

Good morning. It's a chilly 36ºF out there but I am thankful to be in my cozy house. Jazz is particularly cuddly this morning - he and Millie were trying to share my lap but are now curled together in a chair.

Strange day yesterday. I didn't quite know what to do with myself so ended up puttering. I did have an hour's road trip to deliver missing prize envelopes, made several phone calls and had Paul for mid-morning coffee. I felt strange - today I have the start of a head cold so maybe that was the problem. I also filled out my passport renewal so it'll be ready for my next venture.

Michelle comes today and will be surprised to see my car in the lane. It's also trash day but I realized I don't have any more tags. Forgot to get them since I wasn't supposed to be here this morning. I'm sure we'll survive another week.

More coffee, a ColdFX and will check back later.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Do you mind if I share your cold with you, Ruth? Actually, I've been fighting it all week, but this morning even my teeth hurt and my nose is like a leaky faucet. We can thank Typhoid Maggie. At least now I feel better about canceling our trip.

I'm going to go into work today, at least for a while. I may as well, since there's not much to do there, and I'm going to feel miserable whether I stay home or go there. At least I can pick up my paycheck.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks. I'm sorry Ruth and Linda that you're feeling a little under the weather, but please don't share it with me! My DD has a bit of a cold as well, which she is handling like a champ. Better yet, she hasn't shared with me!!

Today is my social day apparently. Meeting with a friend (former client) for breakfast, she is just a delight to be around. Newly preggers too, so that is very exciting. A neighbor then asked to come over for tea late this morning, and since it's harder setting something up with her than nailing jello to a tree, I accepted. She's the one that's quite an inspiration, she's had a massive health change in the last year, nearly my age, and the BEST attitude ever!!

Oh, and Mexican crockpot for supper! (I didn't get it in the crockpot soon enough yesterday, so we'll do it today!)
Old 10-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another day in office though I have to leave shortly to go to different location for a couple of meetings. Brought in donuts for staff, not going to touch them that's for sure.....Nothing on the agenda tonight.

Ruth and Cottage I am just getting over a cold too. Cottage my teeth hurt with this one a lot (I am sure sinus issues)

Tywnn enjoy your day of socializing.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We enjoyed a nice day here yesterday. Pretty relaxing and many things to be thankful for. Today is my friends first chemotherapy. I need to pick her up in 40 minutes. I'm enjoying my last cup of coffee then need to get my act together.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm thankful today for the sun and beautiful fall colors. It was a pleasant 60* after school when I took my walk and I really enjoyed myself. The trees are really striking this week.

Ruth and Linda, sorry to hear about the colds; I probably jinxed myself since just yesterday I was noting that I made it through the first month of school without getting one. There's always a group of kids sneezing and hacking.

Tammy, hope you had a nice visit. I'm making enchiladas tonight. I've gotten into the habit of just tossing a few chicken breasts into the crockpot with salt & pepper, onion and garlic powders, a little parsley and a dash of water. At the end of the day it shreds easily and I can use it in salads, wraps, etc. When DS2 was home this summer he would eat it every day in a wrap. It's so easy I've shared with a few colleagues who also have teens.

Debbie, you are a good friend.

Pearl, I can pretty much resist donuts, but there are other treats that call my name loudly

Have a great evening, chicks.
Closed Thread