South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chirping - October 6

Good very early morning.

Woke at 2 fretting over the S.C. situation and have decided not to go. The situation with the flooding is very, very bad and they don't need a "disaster tourist" down there. So later today I'll cancel plane, hotel and dog kennel reservation. At least I'll be able to pack away the summer clothing! This also means I'll be able to spend Thanksgiving with my family.

Of course I won't cancel my hair appointment and will deliver the rest of the schoolwork and prizes when en route to town. It'll be nice to get that very large niggle out of here. I might even get a chance to look at fabrics when I'm in town! Hmm - maybe not. I bought fabric for a blouse in March and it's still in the bag on the sewing table.

So today I am officially switching into Fall mode. Saw a spaghetti squash dish on FB that I may do for supper.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I'm certainly sorry you are going to miss your holiday but I tend to think you made the right decision. I was listening to the news on the radio this morning and thinking things didn't sound very good down there right now. Perhaps you can plan another trip for later.

I got up early and paid my bills after an adequate nights rest. And laid back down for a while but didn't go to sleep. I'm getting everything done at the house here as I plan to leave right after work to go over the hill. I just need to get the trash haul down to the street, actually all yard debris, and clean the kitty box. Drink my smoothie, pack my groceries, and load up. Work is early today so I should be able to leave town here by 2 o'clock.

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone whatever brings!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - is that the Kalyn's kitchen recipe with the pesto and parmesan? If you try it, let us know how it is! So sorry about your holiday, but I do think you're making the right decision.

Debbie - hope work goes smoothly and the trip is clear.

Weighed myself this AM - and I was down 12 lbs in 1 day! I guess that's what happens when the scale is sitting on a cord. If I ever need to feel good about myself, I may need to do that again. I hadn't been that weight since.....Uhhhh.....
Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Work from office day here today, nothing on the agenda other than that.

Ruth I think you did the right thing, from what they said even though the rain stopped there are still a lot of issue still coming.

Debbie enjoy your trip over the hill

Tywnn I may have to try that trick

Have a wonderful Tuesday

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-06-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

I'm so disappointed that we have to cancel our trip to Charleston, but with the conditions the way they are down there, it's for the best. I guess I'll be on the phone all morning, canceling my flight and hoping my flight insurance covers the cost!

Ruth, I've made that recipe, and it's really good. I sometimes add a diced-up tomato to it, too.

That's an amazing amount of weight, Tammy, and I'm glad you can still look on the bright side and keep your sense of humor!

I went straight from work to my hairdresser appointment, to my SIL's book club, and didn't get home until after 9. And I even left the book club early! It was a lot of fun, though, and even though I had no intention of joining their club, I was persuaded. The book for the next meeting is "Wicked", so I know it will be a good read, at least!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:37 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, there was a cancellation fee but I can rebook on the same airline for a trip to wherever, starting anywhere in Canada. My hotel reservation is non-refundable, although I used Air Miles for it.

I'm off to get a haircut and some retail therapy today. I've not yet cancelled the kennel but will in a minute. I am sure they have had to turn away customers this Thanksgiving Weekend.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth and Linda. Sorry you had to cancel yout chicky getaway. It really doesn't look to good.

Debbie. Safe travels over the hill.

Tammy. Maybe you can patent that idea lol.

Pearlrose. Working from home sounds good.

last minute changes is thanksgiving. What was suppose to be a quiet one with family turned out not so and everything has to be planned by tonight.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Sophie you made me catch my typo lol, I wish I was wfh today
Closed Thread