South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 05:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wakey! It's the Weekend! Oct. 3 & 4

Okey dokey! Everybody up. We are due at the Hall kitchen to start the homefries in less than an hour! We are crazy people.

The long-awaited Fall Festival is here and the folks will be ready for a big breakfast at 8. I skipped DWARPS last night in favour of an early night but my mental alarm woke me at 4. Somehow I got roped into some of the cooking but will put on my Madame Treasurer badge at 7 and start selling breakfast tickets. I have no less than 11 $floats for the sales tables and also will be collecting cookbook sales bucks starting at ten. We have a BBQ lunch and milling in the afternoon. The whole village is decorated for the occasion and we are hoping it takes off as an annual event. (We used to do this on our Thanksgiving weekend but that was difficult with family stuff going on.)

All that happens tomorrow is a wee Churchish service in the a.m. Since our Church closed, the St. Paul's family have been getting together on Sunday mornings at our homes or a very casual breakfast and a few prayers. Our priest Karen joins us and it's nice to see everyone, even if only once a month.

I guess the rest of tomorrow will be spent in sorting out money and fielding "How much did we make?" questions - usually from folks who have not yet submitted their expense bills. Duh!

By the way, a local lady has written a cookbook of pioneer recipes and stories and it is now sold out with advance orders! We ordered 200 copies from the printer. I guess we will be printing more! (And some of the negative Nellies can chew on that and swallow it!)

Wishing everyone a day of fun, lovely leaves, decent coffee and friendly, positive folk!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm up, dressed, and ready to go, Ruth! If I leave now, I can be there in time for lunch. I hope you have a great day, and great weather for the festival! That's fantastic about the cookbook sales!

I think we're headed out early to go for breakfast at Shady Maple Smorgasbord, then I want to swing by my SIL's to pick up my beach chair, umbrella, and some leftover bottles of wine. Yes, we did actually have extra bottles to bring home, LOL! The rest of the day looks to be pretty quiet, and I want to do my nails and paint them a brilliant red for tomorrow.

It's looking wet outside, but not raining at the moment.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:45 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning DH is off to work and I'm about to get the pup up and out so I can leave for Boston soon. I get to spend the day with the cutest little guy in the world Forecast says 38 tomorrow night, so tomorrow I will pull all the basil. We certainly won't run out this winter!

Ruth - That sounds like fun! DH and I are making bucket lists this winter when we feel cabin bound. Delta is definitely going on a list

Cottage - Wow, leftover bottles of wine I am driving toward the rain today, but it doesn't look too bad. That's good for DD, they are still moving stuff.

Time to get the little dog up and out (she disagrees). Happy Saturday!

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-03-2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, early chicks!
Ruth, I can make it for lunch also. An invasion of chicks?? Have a good day and you will really deserve your upcoming rest.

Cottage, DH likes to go out for breakfast too, although we don't do it often. His coffee is better anyway.

Cyndi, enjoy your day. It's nice you are close enough to help out and spend time with the little guy.

DH and I are going leaf-peeping today, although I'm not sure exactly where. We had the Adirondack trail map out last night; I think it will be more of a walk than a mountain hike but I have resolved not to let a sunny Saturday go to waste.

Have a great day, chicks.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Yeah I am finally home and hopefully going to stay here all weekend. The conference was good. The days and nights were long. I can't "hang" like I used to and that fine with me. I need to catch up on all the happenings here. That will be my afternoon project.

Cranked up the fireplace last night. I think I am fighting off something as my tummy is very, very angry. I'm going to give it a couple of days before I believe the scale. I was pretty good, but have been eating some comfort carbs to help settle the tummy monster.

I may just hang out on the couch in between loads of laundry making to do lists. It's that kind of day.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am sitting here just finishing up breakfast, its a bit chilly but I am not turning on the heat as we go into the 70's tomorrow. DH has lots of plans lined up for us today so not sure what I plan on doing with him and what I will bow out of. I need to clean house today as well.

Ruth sounds like a fun time today with lots to do

Cottage enjoy your breakfast out

Cyndi have fun with GS

Beth that walk sounds like a great time to look at leaves

Jekel glad your conference went well. My scale went up 2 lbs from my conference but finally got it down and then some.

Have a wonderful Fall like Saturday
Old 10-04-2015, 06:36 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee is finally ready - my Keurig is still constipated - so set and sip. Sorry there is no milk or cream - I do have Bailey's, however.

Our first Fall Festival went well. So nice to have it the weekend before Thanksgiving instead of trying to balance all the work with family celebrations. It was very cold and windy but the sun did grace us with her presence. It was a hard day of work though since we served breakfast, lunch and a Harvest dinner in the Town Hall and did milling and blacksmithing throughout the day. Today after Church I will get as much $ counted, allocated and into the automatic teller. I was so tired last night I just dumped it all on the kitchen table rather than put it in my safe.

Not sure how well my upcoming trip to Isle of Palms near Charleston will go. Latest word is that the peninsula is closed due to Joachim. Sure hope it's a go since I've not seen some of the 3FC mods for two years or so. As long as we can get to our villa we will be fine and have fun. So looking forward to the break after this stay at home summer.

Time to finish the coffee, shower and shape up for the day. I have the financial report done for tomorrow's VQC meeting so can hit bed early tonight. Enjoy your day.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and I've got my coffee so I'm set for now. Glad to hear the Festival was a success! You deserve your upcoming vacation.

DH and I had a lovely walk yesterday on some trails nearby. It is a former Boy Scout camp that the state now owns and maintains. The leaves are just beginning to turn; I love it when there is still green mixed in with the red, yellow and orange.

Today I need to get some groceries, maybe do a load of laundry and do some paperwork for both home and work. DH will be watching football, so it will mostly be an at home day.

Enjoy your day, chicks.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:23 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We got back from our trip late last night. When we left the park on Friday night to head to our lodging it was pouring rain and didn't look like it was lifting so we decided not to stay the extra day and head home. We had a great time and now I have lots of catching up to do in more ways than one. While I was driving yesterday I got a text from the girl who was supposed to work for me today asking if I could work. I thought about it and simply answered back I am in Wyoming. That was the truth and now that I'm here I realize I really do need this day for me. Glad to be home!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh goodness! I had a nice, chatty, post going, then my bracelet hit a key and I lost it! Darn it!

Ruth, I'm sure by the time we get to Charleston on Thursday that all the flooding will be cleaned up. But if not, we could always rent a kayak to get around, LOL!
Old 10-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I've been working the past couple of days and am back at it today. But a short shift since I am helping out a coworker and told her I could only take half of hers. Not sure who is doing the rest so hope I don't get asked to stay longer since I am fighting a cold. Scratchy throat for a few days so far. Hoping it doesn't go full-blown. I am not a happy person when I'm ailing.

Last night we went out with my stepfather's family (in from out-of-town) to help celebrate his 80th birthday. I really felt crappy after all I ate and I never sleep well when I do that. So I guess I'll revisit PH1 for a couple of days because we are heading into a tough time of year to stay OP.

Ruth - Your festivities always sound so fun.

Linda - How do your nails look?

Cyndi - Hope you had great baby time.

Beth - I'm envious of the foliage out there. It is one of the things I miss now that I live in the Midwest instead of my native New England.

Jennifer - Hope you are already feeling better.

Rose - Did you head out with DH yesterday?

Debbie - Glad you had a good time. Enjoy your "me" day.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning looks like we are getting a reprieve from the rain. Maybe a crisp fall day will motivate me to clean up the flower beds. I do plan on making two big batches of soup and a shepards pie today. Need to start filling the freezer to limit my cooking time. Napped yesterday and slept in until 8 today. Dogs are still tucked in. Maybe we are all a little run down except for DS lol

Debbie saying no is so hard, but we need to do it to take care of ourselves. Glad you have the day home and you enjoyed your trip.

Ruth your trip sounds like fun

Karen feel better. Hope they don't ask you to stay today.

Beth the ride home from Fairport was lovely. We all kept commenting on the view. Made for a really enjoyable 5 hour ride home.

Linda you wear jewlery this early in the morning? lol I'm still in my jammies!
Old 10-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It ended up being a chilly 52 degrees outside yesterday all day, I ended up coming apartment hunting with DS and his GF, we did not really care for the apartment we looked at so we will continue looking. I also helped them set up a budget so they can see where all their money will need to be divided for all of their bills to see if they can afford to get an apartment. I did get all of the house cleaned up though as well.

Today I will do something with DH and DD2, not sure if we will go to Fright Fest at 6Flags or Eckerts farms for pumpkin picking...either way it will be fun.

I do need to fit in a grocery run sometime today as well

Ruth glad your festivities went well

Cottage have fun at your red hats event today

Beth that sounds like you had a lovely hike yesterday

Debbie glad you had a great time and I always try to build in 1 day at home after to get caught up on things and unpack

Karen I am just getting over a cold as well, good luck battling it

Jekel we were posting at the same time glad you were able to get a nap in

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-04-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Closed Thread