South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Hump Day Beachin', Sept 23

Good Morning

Coffee is on! Lets have a great day!

It's the first day of Fall and I am very bittersweet. I "know" that Fall is an entire season but the seasons are short here and my mind is already in the dredges of a long winter. I must come up with a new in home activity. I'll make a positive mental shift here soon, however I can remain in denial for awhile because we haven't had our killing frost and looks like we may not for another 10 days.

Down to Denver with mom for an appointment then over to Glenwood for 2 days of medical appointments mixed with pool and relaxation.

Hope your hump is a smooth one!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-23-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! I have my coffee in hand and am enjoying it on this particularly crisp morning. Fall is definitely in the air to welcome in it's first day of the season. I'm hoping we have a long Indian summer, though.

The girls have off school today and we were discussing going to Hershey Park, but we'd have to be back in time for riding lessons this afternoon, so I don't think it's going to be worth the trip. We'll probably find something else fun to do, instead.

I wish I would have soaked some oats overnight for oatmeal this morning. I'm going to have to get back in the habit with these chilly mornings.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee and wishes for an easy hump, Debbie, and the same to you. I know you are dealing with a lot right now.

The tomatoes are still not finished but I did amaze myself by getting the DVD player installed. Too bad I got busy later and did not get a chance to try it out. I am moving the old player and smaller TV upstairs to the bedroom so I can watch up there on nights when I can't sleep.

Jazz and I are off to pet therapy this afternoon and then I will deliver a newly finished quilt to a lady who starts radiation treatment next week. Jazz will come along so I'll be working for two volunteer agencies at a time. She specifically asked for a dog visit when I made the quilt delivery appointment. By the way, I seem to have blocked J's escape route - until he figures out a new one!

So ... on with the day. Those tomatoes need to be either finished or pitched this morning. Remind me that six cherry tomato plants is four too many for next year!

Have a happy and productive day, Beachers! first!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda. Yup definitely fall is on the way - we are 43ºF this morning but going up to 75. Around here "Indian Summer" doesn't happen until we have had a good hard frost which we usually get by mid-October. It can hold off until November, IMHO.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Happy first day of fall.

Debbie, I am trying hard not to dread what's coming next. I hope this weekend to get DH to go leaf peeping with me. I want to enjoy the season rather than wish it away. When I was a kid I always loved fall since I could finally wear the cold weather clothes purchased in the back to school flurry.

Cottage, enjoy your day with the girls.

Ruth, I still have cherry tomatoes too. The yellow ones are so sweet they taste like grapes. Six plants is a bit much for DH and I also.

Git to run. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie. Even one cherry tomato plant is plenty enough for us. They produce millions!

Have a great day, Beth!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-23-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I love, love, love fall! But somehow, this first day of fall has caught me by surprise. When did it sneak up? Of course, we have a few trees dropping a couple of leaves already. It is beautiful here in the mini mountains.

Debbie - I hope you really do get some relaxation!

Ruth - That little stinker will probably find another way out . That is sweet Jazz had a visit request.

Cottage - is Hershey still open weekdays?!

For me - Trying a new bible study today - let's see if I can stay coherent for that long! Other than that, just little niggles around the house. And hound my surgeon to do my disability insurance letter, it's been 7 weeks since I asked him. We joked we're going to start sending him my bills...

Hope everyone has a good hump day!

Beth - I missed your post! Tell your husband it is law in your beautiful area to go leaf peeping

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-23-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I hope to go leaf peeping next week when I am up by Rochester. I had to shut the windows last night as it was a little brisk. It is beautiful here too, but I must go to work and won't get to really enjoy the weather. I can't believe September is almost over. I too love the fall. I love wearing fleece pullovers, cozy sweaters and using my big fluffy comforter. Happy Wednesday
Old 09-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Doesn't feel like fall here. Forecast is for highs in the 80s all week. I'm hosting for the Jewish Holiday tonight. My first time. We usually go to a friend's house but she is battling lymphoma so will be coming here instead. I've been baking this morning so the cookies she likes will be fresh and freeze well when she takes the leftovers home. Second batch of cookies was a new recipe and labor-intensive. Not sure I'll make them again. Have already been to two stores. Decided to try roasting some veggies from a recipe I found online that got good ratings. The house is ready except for the kitchen. And I am getting my hair done today too!

Have a great day.
Closed Thread