South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - June 13 and 14

Good morning. The sun is well up and so am I. I un-grumped yesterday and ended up spending just a small amount of time at the Mill since all four staffers were there and handled the school tours very competently. I even managed to go out for lunch with my sister Joan. A nice break!

I stopped at a garden centre for "a few" things on the way home. All I needed was one orange-red geranium but ... Since it started pouring rain when I got home and didn't let up until overnight, my car did not get unloaded. I have to do that today before I do the bread run. No rain expected until Monday - enough, already! - so I'll probably get the plants bunged into the ground tomorrow.

A trip to town is a "must" today or I'll be going topless to Claire's dinner party tonight! The jacket and pants I plan to wear need a white top underneath and the white tops I have are looking rather gray. I keep forgetting to wash whites separately. Duh!

Do something nice for yourself today even if it's just slathering on some hand cream.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I love Saturday mornings!

Ruth, I hope you do something nice for yourself and find a lovely white top on your shopping trip.

It'll be a fun weekend here. Jake and I are packing an overnight bag and heading over to New Jersey to Monica's. This evening is my DGD, Carley, end of the year party bash for her Irish Dancing School, and they're having a Beef & Beer fundraiser and basket raffle and all kinds of fun prizes, plus it will be a going-away farewell party for Carley, since they will be moving to Illinois at the end of the month. My oldest DGD, Caitlyn, and her fiance are flying in this morning from Wisconson, and my soon-to-be son-in-law is flying in from Illinois. Monica's house is nearly packed up for the big move, but she promises we'll all have a place to sleep, LOL! We must remember to bring our airbed with us!

What're everyone's plans for this mid-June weekend?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-13-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:38 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We actually got a little rain last night, not enough or as much as everyone around us, but some. This morning I will run errands while the yard dries, then back to the gardens. I stopped at a plant table planning to buy 2 tomatillos. I came home with 3, and 2 more pepper plants and a flat of papalo. Can't wait to use the new herb. She gave me a leaf to try and it was so yummy.

Ruth - I have a new favorite geranium this year. I picked it up at a plant sale. The leaves are lovely and it has been flowering since I bought it.

Cottage - Enjoy the family weekend

Well, the store opens at 8 so I better get moving if I'm going to run my errands while everyone else is asleep. Cricket does not approve of early mornings. She can't stay on the bed if I'm not here, so she has to get up too. I predict a grumbling dog
Old 06-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I hope you have a nice dinner party and that you find the appropriate top.

Linda, safe travels and a wonderful family gathering!

Cyndi someday I'm going to get rid of all the weeds and have a garden. Enjoy yours!

So I'm going to do a combo of get a bunch of stuff done and have some downtime, as well. Tomorrow I head back to the real job. Right now I'm just enjoying coffee. I think today I'm going to focus on the weed burner and just go through the whole yard and get rid of anything I can. I do that early before the neighbors start freaking out. LOL then I have two bags of chips ready to go up in The top yard which will finish that project. I got the lawns mowed yesterday and the weathers looking good so it should be productive.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie you are always productive!!! I would like to borrow your weed burner. That sounds cool!

Linda enjoy your time with the family. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Cyndi have fun in your garden.

Ruth go topless lol give them something to talk about Hope you find the perfect top.

Just another morning of being a slug. today will be my second day with the new hours. This will take some getting used to. Normally I am in bed long before this shift ends. The facility where I am working is absolutely disgusting. Part of my work day will be spent cleaning my office. The only saving grace is it is very dry and hot. I drank almost 100 ounces of water at work.

Have a great day
Old 06-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer Chug that water, good job at work. Sorry your hours are so crazy.

GARDENING I've come into a bunch of women interested in growing things or at times, jerking or burning plants that don't suit.

What is papalo.?

Geraniums are beautiful for summer but I've never had luck with them. I grow the perennial blue geranium that blooms all summer in semi shade and gives a calm look to all the hot colors I tend to choose.

Tiny tomatoes on our cherry tomatoes, along with great growth and flowers on those and peppers. We'll be eating good out of the garden. Onions have given us lots of service but are getting strong and will be finished soon. I've saved some mulch to go over the area near the paths as we pull out the onions.

Debbie How long will it take for them to clear the I-70 pass?
Old 06-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Been up for a while making plans on what I plan to accomplish this morning. Yesterday I cleaned out my closet using the joy technique and got 3 bags of items out of there. 1 1/2 bags were shoes alone that I never wear anymore and kept just in case. Today I am tackling all of the drawers, I told my husband you only pull items out of one drawer the rest you are getting from you pile so I am cleaning out all of the dresser drawers so that we can put his stuff in them that he actually wears.

I need to make a run to grocery store as well today.

Ruth good luck finding a white shirt and have fun

Cottage your plans sound like fun, enjoy

Cyndi enjoy your gardening

Debbie I am going to have to look up what a weed burner is. Hope you get some downtime today.

Jekel it would take me some time to adjust to your new working hours, I am like you asleep before it ends glad you are getting your water in

Love2garden enjoy your day.

Have a lovely Saturday
Old 06-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I put six hours in the yard this morning and made myself stop. I came in and took a shower and put a dress on so I won't be tempted to go out again. I finished getting the creeping Bellflower off of the top wall which is about 30 feet long and 12 inches wide. I shoveled out the excess dirt as with A hand trowel. The good news is that the carrot like roots (tubers) that I exposed last week seem to be drying out without any soil and the effects of the sun. That could be my best news yet as I was trying to figure out how I would kill those tubers. I don't like chemicals. I think I will just wait and see what happens. I also attacked two Boxelder's that are growing into the wall up above they've been there for a long time and we just haven't dealt with them. I trimmed all the suckers then attacked it with the weed torch. I was doing pretty good until the neighbor, who works at City Hall, did a walk by to see what I was doing. I had a visual of her calling the police so I put the torch away and brought the hose up. LOL I reminded myself to only work on that on weekdays when she's at work.

Anyway, Pearlrose and Jennifer-since you asked. I got my weed torch at Home Depot it's $49. It hooks onto a propane bottle like you attach to your grill. It makes it portable so I can carry it around and torch the weeds. For safety I only use it early in the morning while it's still a little damp out and when there is no wind at all. I don't do full-grown weeds. I only use it on the tiny little sprouts that it just come up. Working on it being more preventative. I was very consistent with it on the purslane last year and pretty much eradicated it, even though Ruth said I could eat the stuff. Lol

Jennifer, maybe we can call you Captain Clean. It sounds like it's time to get that place into shape.

Love2garden, I am envious of your cherry tomatoes! The stretch of I 70 has already reopened. It always slides in the same place and several years ago it was closed for two or three weeks.

Pearlrose, Great job on the declutter!

Okay now to figure out what to do with myself. LOL

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-13-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, chicks. Sounds like a busy bunch in here today.

I got up and put a load of laundry on the line, then went golfing with DS2. There is a self-serve par 3 course nearby which is usually empty. I don't think I've gone at all in the last 3 or 4 years so this was an enjoyable and low-key outing.

Now I must do a bit of garden puttering and decide on tonight's dinner menu. I brought home a few more annuals from the greenhouse at school; they were headed to the compost pile and I saved them but now must get them into the ground.

Debbie, I think several of us are envious of your weed torch! What a great idea.

Have a great Saturday, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-13-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

You know the Fake Bamboo that I cut off at ground level / Last week? Well, it's now back and some shoots are 30" tall. Grrrrr. You know, I just realized I have a large weed torch in the barn. Now all I need is a propane tank and a way to lug it around. Hey! One of those wheeled grocery carts or even my regular garden cart. (I find propane tanks way too heavy to carry far.) In the meantime, I am going to clip off those darned shoots. This is war!

Did not go to town because I found a black top in a small shop in the next town that will go perfectly under that floaty sheer jackety thing. Black pants and sandals plus earrings and I'm good to go.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ruth, I definitely be trying it on that fake bamboo!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:26 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday morning although the sun seems to be still dozing behind the clouds. This is the first morning I've heard the loons fly over. hollering at each other. That's my favourite wake-up call even at 5 a.m.

Had a great evening at Doug and Claire's last night despite the darned mosquitoes. (Why do I always forget those pests until they show up each year?) We sat outside and tried not to complain too much since it was a lovely evening. I was wishing I'd brought my "Off" clip-on which really does work for me.

Today I plan to hang out around home and catch up on inside stuff like laundry and making some chicken stock. The raised bed is all planted except for bunging in some multiplier onions and the front porch is partially done. The Christmas garland of outside lights is packed away in the barn - finally. Allowing the guys to use the porch as a workshop during the floor replacement was not a really great idea although it sounded good at the time!

Another coffee is about to happen. The old Keurig is going into the trash because, even if it works again, I will always remember it was full of ants! I think I am going to get a single-mug one as a "me" present.

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you do but take time to smell the roses. (Actually Japanese Silk lilac and Mock range is the scent of the morning.)
Old 06-14-2015, 07:53 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

Bon voyage to Ruth's Keurig!

I wasted precious time sipping coffee outdoors this morning, even as it was damp and cool from yesterday evenings cloudburst. Grateful not to have to deal with watering everything in addition to my ongoing yard projects. Back to the restaurant today. I have a lease to finalize for my mom before I go and still have to make smoothie.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 06-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! We have sun this morning (such a nice change) and I have laundry ready to go out to the line.

Not much on the agenda today. I will do laundry and maybe pick up a few groceries, otherwise it is garden puttering and maybe a nap. I have been fighting a cold the last few days which includes an on-and-off nagging headache.

Here's to another lovely June day.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I got another 3 bags of clothes out of the room and 1 very full bag of trash. DH now has 7 empty drawers to put his stuff in. I also got the top of the dressers organized as well. Now I just have one more closet in the room to organize but it can wait til another weekend. I also did my grocery run and have healthy food in the house.

I forgot to share the news that DH is finally on-board to eating healthy so that means there is no junk food in the house.

Debbie I am going to have to go check out the torch at Home Depot.

Not sure what is on the agenda today, enjoy your Sunday chickies!
Closed Thread