South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wake Up Wednesday 6/10 Beach Chat

Coffee is on, but mine is to go. Leaving for the city in an hour and still lots to do. Still don't know where I am working yet. Maybe we will know today. Can't wait to catch up soon. Enjoy the beauty of the day.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Jennifer! I'm on the run, too, this morning!

The boss wouldn't let me trade out my Monday for Wednesday so I thought I'd be short a day this week. My coworker who worked Monday for me (so I could go to traffic court) didn't WANT to work today and since the boss is in Puerto Rico we made our own trade....I work today. LOL

I woke up early so got some stuff done and then went back to bed for an hour. I'm going over to Glenwood to soak in the pool and mow lawns....don't know yet if that will be tonight or early tomorrow. I get off early but there's crummy road construction inbetween...I will decide later.

love2garden, creeping Charlie and creeping bellflower are different. I don't have much CC but lots of CB. Creeping bellflower is some version of Campanula....just super invasive. Ugg. At least it's exercise. I am trying to keep it out of areas it hasn't been (yet) while working on the areas that are completely over-run. Oh, well.

Have a great day everyone! Can't believe it's Wednesday!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! For once, I don't have a busy morning.

I didn't take my laptop out to the farm when I stayed over, and I don't like to post using my phone, so that's why I've been scarce. Reception out there isn't always the best, either.

I want to try to get some weeding done this morning while it's still somewhat cool, and this afternoon I have to bake pumpkin bread for Maggie to take to school tomorrow. At least the kitchen is air-conditioned! I think the girls have riding lessons after school today, so I can get home and get some laundry done. The last day of school is Monday, which doesn't make much sense.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it's Wednesday all right although I feel it should be Saturday after a really busy two days. The AGM is over and went well so I am going to decompress for a day or two and focus on home stuff and my own things.

It is definitely a gorgeous day after two days of downpour. Everything looks sparkly and green. If it's dry enough to navigate through the mud, I will work on my raised bed this morning. I want green beans for my company coming August 1 so those seeds need to get into the ground pronto!

Either today or tomorrow I need to get into town for some major shopping - nothing too exciting, just some bins for recycle stuff and a trash can on wheels. I've been stashing the recyclables on the front porch and that has to stop. It can't be seen from the street but I want the porch as my summer livingroom. I also have some house plants that want to be moved out there for the summer.

Gotta go - the furries are kicking up a storm in the dogyard. I'm hoping the barking is at a cat, not a skunk!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

My behind is dragging this morning, it was dragging during my run this morning but atleast I got it done. I am retaining water as well so am a bit puffy which I can't stand

It is a beautiful day here though so will try to enjoy the rest of the day. I am wfh and have no conference calls today other than my 8 a.m. one.

Tonight need to color my hair and DD2 has art class.

Jekel I am still so excited for you getting your promotion, know you have to be feeling great, enjoy the feeling.

Debbie I will have to look up those weeds I have no idea what any of them are called lol, hope work goes by quickly

Cottage glad the kitchen is air conditioned for you, we are definitely in summer mode mid 90's here, whew.

Ruth I store recyclables on the front porch under the bench, can't really see other than the front of the bin.

Off to face the day, Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:12 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are in the middle of our staycation. The forecast looked too rainy for camping, so we are planning excursions from home. Tonight we will camp in the yard. Now we are off kayaking
Old 06-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Big thunderstorm going through this afternoon. I got in my walk but there is no hope of garden time now! Oh well, at least I don't have to water the gardens and the veggies are growing like crazy!

Jennifer, hope your first day of the "new" job went well.

Cyndi, sometimes just staying home is nice. Enjoy your day!

Cottage, is the last day of school Monday because of snow days? But I agree, seems a weird day to end.

Ruth, how did you do on the to-do list? Can I ask what unexpectedly changed your plans today??

Pearlrose, I think you are right to stick with the positive attitude: even slow movement is better than none....or at least that's what I tell myself if I have a low energy day.

Debbie, what's that old expression about "while the cat's away?" Glad you could change your schedule.

Have a good evening, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 06-10-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Closed Thread