South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! June 6th and 7th

Coolish after a big t-storm last night but it's going to be sunny all weekend. The Village is coming alive for the summer! Half the car licenses in the parking lot at the store are "PA" ones with a few NY ones thrown into the mix.

We ended up in an Indian restaurant last night rather than Thai. Liz had the wrong address for the Thai place. It didn't take us long to figure out we we going to eat Indian. The food was excellent and only moderately hot. This gives us an excuse to go back for Thai another time. (It was in the next block.)

It's bread day and Milling Day and we expect a good-sized crowd. I plan to NOT hang around after I deliver bread at 9:30 but to do some work outside. The porch is still not properly set up but I will get the flower boxes done so it'll at least look good from the road. Since we have our Mill AGM Tuesday, I've got a "few" other things to tackle at my desk. Next week is plugged but I am going to try for a balance over this weekend. Wish me luck.

Enjoy your weekend whatever it brings.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sounds like you had a fun evening last night, Ruth! I hope you don't get too caught up at the mill and get back home to do some of your own stuff today.

I had a busy day with the family but it was cool enough that the pups could go with me down to Denver. I was glad I didn't have to take them to day care. I came home and took a nap then went back over to my moms house about seven. I slept in this morning but only feel semi-rested. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet. I don't know what the plans are for today yet but I think I'm going to try to go put landscaping fabric on this area that I dug all the weeds out of. I have two bags of bark in the car but I don't think that's enough to cover it. I guess I'll go over to Home Depot and get some more. There's no point in digging out all these weeds if I don't do something so they don't come back.

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-06-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - I admit, I'm laughing. About you balancing your weekend... I hope we get a good report Monday!

Debbie - I bet the pups were glad they got to go with you too! How have they been doing?

My good friend's daughter graduates from high school today, and I told her I'd make confetti salad for them (they're vegetarians and love the recipes I pass on). Between a run for groceries for that, sam's for a few things, and making the salad, that will be enough for the day. It's pretty gloomy out right now, I hope it clears up for the party!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie my weeds are thriving this year and look gorgeous lol I de cluttered my garden the other day. I know they will be back, they always come back lol. Hope your weeds find a new home.

Ruth I hope you stick to your guns and drop off the bread and run! I love how flower boxes look, maybe one year I will get some.

Tammy thank you for kind words I shared with Tammy yesterday and now all of you, I got the "official call" and will be promoted to Captain on Wednesday. Three of us are getting promoted and we all were just promoted to Lt in October! I will be the first female to go past the rank of Lt in over 10 years. We will know Monday where we will be assigned, but rumor has it I will be going to Grand Central. My mom won't be able to come as my nephew is graduating HS in NC on Friday. Too much running for them so my sisters will stand in for her. Joe and my DS plus my friends Meredith and Ed will be there for me. My phone was going non stop yesterday!

Today I am laying low and planning on an afternoon nap. It is damp and dreary which makes it easier to stay put. Have a great day!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm on my 2nd cup already.

Gotta get ready and run an errand w/ Jake up to my dad's, so I'll check in later.

Enjoy Saturday!
Old 06-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

You just HAD to mention coffee, Linda. I instantly thought myself into your kitchen, reaching for the Keurig! ** Sigh ** Off to pick up bread.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Jennifer, congratulations! Congratulations! What an achievement for you as the first woman in over 10 years!

Tammy, so nice when other people enjoy your recipes! Kirby has settled in quite well and he's a wonderful companion for Bing during his tough times. His congestive heart failure is certainly progressing and I give him his medication faithfully. He has rapidly gone deaf in the past few months. He seems happy but is definitely losing energy and has the occasional cough. I am undecided at this moment if I should take him back to the cardiologist or if it's time to just let it run its course. Thanks for asking!

Linda, see you later!
Old 06-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is shining so hopefully it will stay like that, didn't do anything yesterday evening other than grooming the cat outside to get rid of some hair and going for a walk with DD1, nice way to spend the evening.

Not sure what is on the agenda today, actually slept in this morning and feel rested.

Ruth I hope you drop off the bread and dash today

Debbie glad you got to spend time with the pups, saw fb pic looks like your enjoying family time as well

Tywnn I need to make some of your salad recipes for my lunches

Jekel congratulations and way to go that is awesome news!!! woot woot

Cottage enjoy your day

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-06-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer WOW! Congratulations on your promotion to Captain. Where is Grand Central?

Pesky Weeds. If only the plants I put in grew as abundant as the crab grass, poison ivy, thistle, sour grass, grape vines and many weeds I have no name for. DH did a marvelous job out front now it my turn to tackle the back fence line gardens.

Debbie How old is your dog that is needing medication and is going deaf? Sorry, I know how hard it is to say "enough" and let nature take it's course.

DH and I walked 3/4 mile again today. I'm still unable to do much more than simply do it. Gradually I hope to do some intervals so I speed up my heart some more. Asthma and all this weight make it difficult, but this is the time to do it.

Rose Good morning, we logged in together. Isn't a good night's sleep a blessing?

Last edited by love2garden; 06-06-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #10  

Jennifer, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness, I am so happy for you!!!!
Old 06-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Yes, we can say we knew her when! Can we still call you Jennifer or will it be Captain Jennifer? I think Grand Central is right smack dab in the centre of New York, you certainly will be right smack dab in the middle of New York. How long is your commute?
Old 06-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

"If" I get assigned there it will be about an hour by train plus a 15 minute drive to the station. Depending on the hours I might drive occasionally since I'll get a take home car. Thank you everyone for the kind words and support
Old 06-06-2015, 07:20 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Congrats, Jennifer!!!

Busy day here; proctored the SAT at school this morning, came home to laundry and some cleaning, followed by making dinner. I am hoping to get outside and play in the garden tomorrow!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:22 AM   #14  

Good Sunday morning!

It's going to be a beautiful day here, lots of sunshine, big puffy clouds in a powder blue sky, and temps in the mid 70s. You can't ask for better than that.

We've been getting little things done outside, such as cleaning out the gutters and pruning back some tree branches that have been hanging over the sunroom roof. Well, my job has been mostly supervising, LOL. Today, the guys are going to take down part of the fence and the gate that leads into our backyard and make the gate opening wider, and I get to pull up a lawnchair and oversee that job. Dinner will be steaks on the grill for the hard workers, and I'm planning to grill up some fresh asparagus and other veggies for myself.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Grilled asparagus! I'd forgotten about that. I must get some from the Farm this afternoon and have it tonight.

Yesterday did not work out quite as planned although I did come right home after dropping the bread off at the Mill. I had to go back at 12:30 to do people-herding to watch the milling demo since a group of 50 suddenly appeared. I got home by 4! I did do a little pruning of dead stuff out of my clematis but that was "it". Grrr!

Today may be busy again. We always try to have three staff on site on the weekends - four during July and August but only had two yesterday. It's a tad chilly at 41ºF right now but I am planning to get out to the garden very shortly and ignore the phone! First on the list will be to get those darned flower boxes planted.

Enjoy your Sunday, Chickies, and don't let the day slip through your fingers.
Closed Thread