South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday On The Beach, 5/28

Whew! It is certainly a beach day today! I opened the front door and was greeted with a wall of humidity already. I still need my hot coffee to get me started, but will switch to iced coffee later.

We had a nice day at Devon yesterday, although the weather was sweltering. I admire all the riders for being able to perform while wearing those heavy wool riding habits. I know Cindy headed straight for the showers when she was finished! At least we had some heavy storms later to help cool things off and clear the air.

Today is looking pretty much back to normal, and this evening Maggie has her music recital and then awards ceremony at school. We're still trying to figure out the logistics of that, although the awards ceremony has priority!

Have a great day, and remember to stay hydrated!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - I'm not sure I could've sat there, much less ride, in that weather! Hope you have a wonderful day .

It's my day off, with lots of niggles to do today. I'd like to thank Ruth for the word "niggles", because I do like it . Although, most friends down here look at me funny when I say it!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and welcome to bad hair day season

At least with today's weather I may actually get some niggles done too. Tammy don't let yours take up your whole day off

Linda I give Cindy a lot of credit for riding yesterday. Do all you kids ride? Are you and Jake equestrians too?

Lots of running around today, but not much more. Will add grocery shopping to the list because tomorrow I need to go to Long Island for a wake. A friend from work mother passed away. She had been battling cancer for quite some time.

Time to roust DS out of bed.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, yes, all of the family I work for ride, but Jake and I don't ride at all. I probably should have taken the opportunity to learn when the girls were starting to ride, but I was never all that interested. But I love to watch!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I actually slept until almost 5 because I forced myself to stay up and keep moving last night until almost 9. Yay! I'm not feeling awake at all yet still need more coffee. A coworker is coming to help me in the yard today. She's a single mom with three kids and need to lecture money and I could use a little extra help. It's beautiful out and I'd love to just get going in the yard but I committed myself to getting the house picked up some she's not coming till 10. Niggles!

Twynn, I hope you find a little free time today!

Linda, thanks for the reminder to stay hydrated. It's definitely not hot here but water never hurts. Enjoy your day!

Jennifer, I hope your day isn't too hectic! I hear you on the bed hair. Mine just is these days

Ruth, I'm glad that Millie seems to be okay. I love that picture! Kirby is similar to her taking a giant leap says he runs through the yard. It must be a little dog thing.

Waving at everyone yet to come! I still have a half a large cup of coffee left. I think I'll sit outside and enjoy it! Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Found a way to make myself feel virtuous! This morning I took out the trash before coming in here with a coffee. I managed fine! Who knew?

It sure was muggy here last night and I slept with the fan running in my bedroom. I woke to the sound of "rain" and went back to sleep until 7 when I looked out and realized the "rain" was my fan. Something cooled us off though as it's only 62 right now. My super large white iris is in bloom this morning so I'm glad it didn't rain.

I plan to get out to the raised bed for sure this morning and get it cleaned up and prepped for planting. I have 4 cherry tomato plants and some red peppers to plant plus the usual green and yellow beans. I'm not going to bother with Kale as I takes up too much space and is now available in the next village. I will plant some rainbow chard though.

We are not very busy at the Mill but the three staff are getting miscellaneous things done and working on research projects that have been on the To Do list for years. Definitely a good group so far. We have two more hires to join us late in June - one from last year and the other brand new. Four of our hires are third-year University students but Shailyn is in Grade 11 and not an academic whiz kid. Lots of enthusiasm though - very bubbly and has started studying Mill documentation before she officially starts.

I am hoping to get into town to shop - maybe tomorrow? Although I'm a wee bit lighter than I was last year, I need some new duds! I seem to have garden duds or go-to-Church outfits and need some in-between things for meetings and going to BBQ's and porch parties. I'm not fond of shopping for clothes and wish had time to get back to sewing. If you have to shorten everything, you may as well make it from scratch.

Dogs are bugging me to go out so the morning begins. I have hung a lace curtain in the door to the yard which keeps out the flies but allows them to go in and out as they please. So far, no further escapes. As Moel says, "Why would any dog run away from Ruth's place? They have a really good deal going!"

Happy Thursday and do something nice for yourself.

(I am planning to slather my hands with olive oil and pull on surgical gloves before I put on my gardening gloves. It really softens your shin and all the oil is absorbed.)

Old 05-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Finally a wfh day for me, just have different little projects to complete today. Trying to find out from HR when some of our new staff is starting, one was told this upcoming Monday but not a peep from HR and we have a few things to do on the back-end before they can start.....

Cottage sounds like you will be busy today, DD2 last day of school was yesterday so it was nice today not having to wake anyone up other than myself

Tywnn and Jekel enjoy your day off today

Debbie hope you get everything done today

Ruth I hate shopping and have started taking up ordering online instead when I am shopping for myself, it's okay when they have stores you can return to if you change your mind or fit is not right.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Yes, still lounging around the house this morning. It's DH's day off so we are planning something fun today. Tomorrow it's back to the yard and gardens for me We finally got some rain last night, not a lot, but it's a start. Tomorrow I will finally be able to mow. Just can't mow sandy soil when it's as dry as it's been. I would tear all the grass up.

I think we have been invaded by black flies. Never had them here before but now I'm getting all chewed up at night. It's the characteristic (to this Adirondack girl) bite pattern - hairline, face, ugh! Now to figure out what to do about them other than out the AC in now and shut all the windows.

Happy Thursday Chicks!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cyndi, yay for a fun day! Enjoy! You are really making great strides in your garden!

Ruth, thanks for the garden glove tip! My hands are looking pretty rugged. Happy planting!

Pearlrose, typical HR...lacking in communication skills. lol Enjoy your WFH

The house is almost done. I have had a small leak at the kitchen sink and so finally called Kohlerto get the parts. My faucet has a lifetime warranty so no charge. While troubleshooting I found some water under the sink one of the drain connections was loose. Thank goodness I looked. I still have to order my greens powder from Amazon then I'm heading outside for the day. Yay!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 2"

Debbie Your success inspite of high stress is encouraging me to try South Beach diet. BAM book purchased yesterday and today was Phase 1, and I passed up all the temptation at Panera Bread.

Beck plus this may be what I need. 90 day trial coming up.

Great supporting group here.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Welcome to the beach love2garden! Imagine my surprise when I dropped by to check in this afternoon and saw you here! I was thinking maybe I was a little confused. LOL. I must say that South Beach has been a miracle for me as my life has gotten busier and more stressful. With out the cravings for sugar I don't tend to run there for comfort as much. I really believe, too, that this healthy WOE keeps my emotional and physical self on an even keel.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks.

Busy day today of work, workout and making tacobake for dinner!! Yummy and I love the leftovers.

We had a bit of rain last night and today so I don't have to water the garden which is nice. The cooler temperatures made the day easier too; I'm not complaining but the kids do.

Tammy, I agree, the word "niggles" is a winner! Thanks, Ruth.

Last edited by Beth19; 05-28-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Closed Thread