South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last March Weekend - March 28th & 29th

Good morning, Beachers. As far as I'm concerned, March can march right outta her asap! We had a snowstorm yesterday and are going to have a sunny but well below freezing day today. I know I've been griping about our late spring and checked back in my Garden Records and I'm right! I guess it's time to start thinking of going South later in the winter.

Made a quick trip to Brockville after the funeral yesterday to meet my bookeeper to get some papers but did not shop for anything since the snowstorm was starting. I've become a bit of a Weather Wimp although I do still have my snowtires on the car instead of in the barn. I was glad the week was too busy to get them changed. I actually spent some time in the barn looking for my summer tires - until I remembered they were discarded in the fall when we took them off. I have $800-worth of new ones at the service station. Duh! Sucks to get old but, when you examine the alternatives ...

Busy day again today as I have to make deviled eggs and pick up the books for Book Club here tonight and attend another funeral at 11. I do have to complete and send out the rules for the Fair schoolwork entries which I usually do in January but completely forgot! Yikes. The good news is that we will probably have fewer entries to judge with the shorter timeframe. I am in a Passion Play tomorrow morning at Church but will probably be working on the Fair stuff for the afternoon. Guess I'll make Monday my weekend! (Just checked the calendar and it would be workable!)

Still in my jammies but am going to hie me to the kitchen to at least boil those eggs for the Book Club refreshments, I'll do a fruit tray, have hummus and veggies and put out cheese and crackers. I've never been able to figure out why we need food at 7 PM but that seems to be the tradition - probably because a lot of wine is involved. We aren't called DWARPS for nothing - drinkers with a reading problem.

Have a good weekend, Beach Beauties.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Oh Ruth your days are always packed. The only big thing I did on my days off was groom Coconut. It was like shearing a sheep. He seems happier without his coat weighing him down. He is so tiny without it.

Today I am going to make taco pie and do my food prep for the week. At least Tuesday at work should be a little fun. I am going to a meeting at Yankee Stadium! They have one each year before the season begins. Guess I better shine my boots for that one.

I did treat myself to hyacinths yesterday. If spring refuses to get here at least I have a little spring inside my house....yes it is currently snowing ugh.

I seem to be in my three day hormonal binge eating routine. Menopause can't get here soon enough. Darn hormones take over and I feel powerless. At least I am getting some miles on the bike in...albeit in the living room

Ok more coffee who's ready?
Old 03-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Last night took DD2 and her friend to the movies to see Home, it was cute. Today not sure what is on the agenda but I have some spring cleaning fever on my mind and I think I will tackle a corner downstairs I have been avoiding. Can't wait for warmer weather to go clean out the garage as well and I think I might have a garage sale to get rid of some of this junk.

Ruth glad you didn't take off your snow tires. Sounds like you have a busy day again.

Jekel that meeting sounds like fun. I have managed so far to ignore my hormones and stick to plan trying to stick as long as can so I have some willpower when we visit my parents and I know we will go to a bunch of buffets to eat.

Everyone else must be sleeping in this a.m.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I took a lovely pill last night (on top of my muscle relaxants) and slept like a freakin' rock last night, despite my son having a sleepover with 2 other boys - they got up at 3 am to keep playing video games. I never heard a thing

I got back on facebook after 2 years, because I wanted to read all the posts on my brother. He and I are polar opposites...he was 6'3" and 250 - 300 lbs, and the absolute party boy. I have barely been drunk before (1/2 glass of wine and I'm asleep...can't be the life of the party while you're sleeping!). It's been fun reading everything, he was much loved. It is hard to understand why.

Today is ... um, nothing. The boys are leaving soon. I guess I should make dinner for my family, but that's about it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend
Old 03-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks. We have snow here this morning also (boo hiss!!) but maybe it's good for the maple syrup producers. Otherwise I'm searching for the silver lining.....

Jennifer, my weight has been stuck and I'm blaming hormones too. I keep saying I'll be careful with my food choices but I didn't think I was really making poor decisions. At least I have been working in my exercise. Have a good time at the meeting this week! DS2 would be jealous.

Pearl, eating out and eating while traveling are always tricky. I'm sure you do what I do and just try to be thoughtful with the choices you have.

Ruth, I'll believe that Monday is your "day off" when I hear your report on Tuesday!!

Have a good one, chicks.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy, thinking of you.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

fly by because I am, you guessed it, working today. There is a chance we will have tomorrow off, which is beyond awesome at this point. Off I go
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just found out we are getting tomorrow off There will be walking and then dog walking and then relaxing.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:23 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and I hope you can manage a restful Sunday. I am feeling pretty good abut knowing I do NOT need to read in the Passion Play at Church at ten.

First on my agenda is to get the house back in shape after the DWARP invasion last night! There were ten of us - two missing - which is exactly the right number to sit around my diningroom table and actually discuss the Book. When we are spread out in the livingroom, there are usually several small conversations. It helped that we observed Earth Hour and used just candles and those wee tea lights. We had exactly the right amount of food and lots of wine left over.

This afternoon I'll update the catalogue for the school Fair entries and get it sent out - sure is better to be able to do this stuff online! (I wonder why my spelling of catalogue is being flagged by spellcheck. Is there another way to spell catalogue?)

If time permits, I'm hoping to take wee Millie out for a leash walk too. She gets lots of exercise running in the yard but must learn to walk properly if I am to use her as a therapy dog. She loves people and sitting on laps which is a great start.

Hope your Sunday is a nice balance of activity and rest. I'm considering starting the dishwasher and then cuddling the dogs while I catch up on the TV news.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, I believe we Americans just spell it catalog. That's probably why you were spellcheck is catching it.I wish you a relaxing day today. You deserve it!

I am up enjoying coffee and will start my get ready for work as soon as I leave here. Yesterday was a very trying day but I didn't eat over it, for which I'm grateful. Mom and sis are pretty upset with my DH, as I am too. That's not a good thing, but I just decided to pack up both the pups and bring them over and put them in daycare while I'm working. I think my husband need some time truly by himself.

I almost hate to mention it but it's pretty springlike here. I think it's supposed to be pretty warm today. That works for me.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

looks like its going to be sunny today. Not much going on. Last night was what I call my foodie supper. I tried a new recipe and we had a lovely glass of wine with it. There was no dessert because easter is coming. My 2 year old grandson is crazy about elephants. I found a knitting pattern and am knitting one. Hope it turns out looking like an elephant.
Have a nice relaxing day everyone.
ake care
Sophie
Old 03-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I actually slept in this morning, felt good. Been up for a bit have a load of laundry going and just finished breakfast.

I did tackle the corner of the downstairs I wanted to and after about 3 hours got it done. 2 bags of trash, 2 bags of garage sale or donations and everything else was put back into it's proper place. I just need to do that every weekend tackle a different place.

Ruth, Debbie is right we call it a catalog which is probably why it is catching? Glad you are able to do the fair art online now

Debbie glad you didn't let your stresses show by emotional eating.

Sophie that sounds like a cute pattern.

it is going to be a beautiful 50 degree day so might do something outside this afternoon while the sun is out.
Closed Thread