South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday HOT Coffee and Chat - February 16

Brrrrr! Woke to the boom of a frost quake this morning - the first this year. I sure hope that's what it was rather than snow sliding off the roof and smashing my car which I left in the lane yesterday when I brought the doggage home from the kennel.

Today is Family Day in Ontario - and President's Day in the States - so most people are off. I doubt there will be much skating, snowshoeing or tobogganing today though as the deep freeze continues. (-33ºF right now!) I did get part of the deck and the stairs shoveled yesterday but the dogs sure aren't staying out there long. They did play for a while when Joey came over yesterday but all three were whimpering at the door after five minutes.

My house smells wonderful this morning as I am simmering some chicken bones and veggies to make soup stock. Not sure what else will happen today but am tempted to make it a jammy day although I do need to do some bank deposits and buy some seed and suet before the birds get really annoyed and attack me. Anybody remember "The Birds"? I might even get started on unraveling some messy accounting problems that did not go away when I was in Cuba.

So ... aside from staying warm, what's on your Monday agenda?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

So lovely to "see" you back, Ruth! Boy, you picked a good time to leave. Too bad you couldn't have been gone longer, eh?

I'm in denial with the weather. I do know that my newer (april last year) CR-V wouldn't start yesterday, it was only 4 degrees. Pretty pathetic. My neighbor, who's acting like a superhero while DH is gone (he shoveled my driveway too) jumped my car yesterday, and then hooked the battery up overnight. So hopefully she'll start this AM.

Today is just 1/2 day of work. I see a new GP tomorrow morning, I'm not sure I can look at my old one without crying, since he missed the boat on my diagnosis. I feel a bit bad for the new guy, I have a lot of my paperwork copied for his viewing pleasure.

I'm trying to force myself to eat some healthy foods even if I'm not in the mood. That ham and bean soup sure works, it's chocked full o' veggies.

Is it really Monday already?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Welcome back, Ruth.

Tammy - Brr!

We got a little snow last night but nothing compared to the east coast craziness. Right now I'm glad I don't live in Boston anymore! I've been busy the past few days - lots of work shifts, niggles. Today I'm working out with my mom and then she and I have lunch out with a mutual friend.

Keep warm!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! Not quite as cold as you Ruth, only -20*, but that's cold enough. Can't say I'm a fan of these days that barely hit zero! Mornings like these I keep my coffee in a travel mug so it doesn't cool off too fast. At least the sun is shining, the driveway got plowed and the fresh snow is sparkling.

Karen, I feel for those Boston people as well! Where do you put all that snow when you clear it?!?!

Tammy, isn't it frustrating when your car doesn't start! But that performance sounds a bit wimpy; not starting at 4.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Might actually leave the house for groceries or something. I have pretty much been hunkered down for the last 2 days.

Right now I'm off for more coffee!!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I slept in til 7 this morning! That wouldn't happen if I were at home, but I decided to stay at the farm last night, too, since I have to wait for Audrey to call me and let me know when her bus is getting back to the school this morning. They're due to get back around 10ish, but last year they got in early. I'm picking up her and friend Becky and bringing them back to the house and getting them settled in, and then I'm finally going to head on home. Cindy, Richard & Maggie should be getting back from their ski trip, along with Becky's folks, later this afternoon.

We're due to get several inches of snow overnight, but I'm taking tomorrow off if it's bad. Come on, SPRING!

Sophie, what a time for your furnace to act up! It does seem that these new-age appliances break down a lot more than their older counterparts. I hope it gets straightened out and you can reschedule DH's birthday dinner soon!

Tammy, I hope you have a much better relationship with this new doctor! I was curious whether I'd have trouble starting up my car yesterday, but it started up just fine.

Ruth, welcome back to the real world!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Karen & Beth! That's a great idea, putting your coffee in a travel mug. I have trouble with mine cooling off to fast, too! We're right at 0* at the moment. No wonder the dogs are curled up in front of the fire.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. Well we've been up for 3 hours and the house still isn't above 64. Brr. Showering will have to wait a few hours. Now I know why DH showers at night. Not much going on here. Most of my work team is off today. I'm working today and taking Friday off. That's almost like 2 days off
Old 02-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well we got snow and it is still snowing so looks like maybe 5 or 6 inches by the time we are done.

I decided to work today instead of taking the day off since I am not going anywhere today I can get some wfh done and save my day off for a better day.

Ruth that soup sounds yummy

Tywnn drive safely

Karen have fun today

Beth enjoy your day off

Cottage yea for sleeping in

Cyndi brr I would not take a shower in the morning either.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Dinner out last night was nice and we made it back home before the majority of the snow came down. Today is supposed to be snowy as well so I plan to stay inside and warm. I have today off from work for President’s Day so I think I’ll use the day to work on crafty things and maybe even play a computer game or two. DH and I had a really good conversation yesterday about my fear of failure and not feeling like I ever really reach the goals I set. He pointed out that many times I set unattainable goals and then get discouraged when I don't meet them. He's very accurate on that point! I think sometimes I set hopes rather than goals. So I'm also going to take some time today to think about some attainable goals and steps I need to take to get there.

Ruth - Peanut is having that same reaction to the weather and we are a good 50+ degrees warmer than you!! Poor pupsicles!

Tammy - Crossing my fingers your car will start!!

Karen - Enjoy your lunch today!

Beth - Enjoy your coffee and stay safe if you venture out!

Linda - I’m with you - COME ON SPRING!!

Cyndi - I love those quiet work days when everyone else is off!!

Pearlrose - Stay warm and hopefully work will be productive and when you get the day off it will be sunny and inviting outside!!

Everyone have a wonderful day and do something fun!
Old 02-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good evening

thanks Linda. The repairman fixed the problem last night and charged 0 for the second trip. The lovely man even called this morning to see how things were running. Don't get service like that anymore.
I forgot that today was a holiday. We were all able to get together for lunch and I could pass have the gateau I made to my sons. Dh will enjoy the rest.
hope everyone has a nice evening. We are watching - Call Saul tonight. A glass of wine will be enjoyed.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/350/200

Height: 5'10"

Not trying to brag, but I'm with family in California and it's 70 degrees.

Don't fret though, usually I'm in Chicago and can feel your pain.
Closed Thread