South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:22 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Not sure what the day will bring but do know there will be dog playdates. Lisa and the kids are bringing wee Angus for another visit before he comes to stay while they are away. Joanne is bringing Joey as well so we'll really have "gone to the dogs"! If I'm going to get anything done, I'd better get at it soon since the week is way too busy!

Hey! We are going up to 38ºF!!!! Is it Spring?
Old 01-18-2015, 07:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

We're supposed to get up to 46* today, but right now we're getting freezing rain. Ruth, I have a playdate with dogs this afternoon. I hope Jaimie is giving them their biscuit and letting them out this morning since I have no intention of driving over there just yet.

Other than going over to the farm later, there's nothing on my agenda for today. I think I'm going to start working on my new cross-stitch project, and just maybe I'll have it finished by Christmas.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:49 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! We are also going up to 40-ish today; that's a 60 degree swing from Friday morning!! Right now it is very windy as one air mass moves out and another one in.

I had a lovely day yesterday; took a walk while it was sunny, spent most of the afternoon with my nose in a book and made a tasty stew for dinner. Today I should at least do some laundry while I am reading. DH and I might go out tonight; he is craving a steak from a certain establishment. So a planned off-plan meal; I think I will stick with seafood, but haven't decided what to do about dessert...

Ruth, enjoy the doggie play date.
Cottage, I'm glad you are waiting for the weather to improve. Enjoy your day.

I guess I need to go make my omelet; have to be OP all day if I'm going out tonight. Have a good day,all!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sorry to have been out of the loop for a couple of days. The grandkids were taken out of their mothers home on Thursday evening and she has an ultimatum to go to rehab.my her poor husband is devastated, and I felt really bad leaving him yesterday when I traveled over the hill. I spent the rest of the day with ex-wife and grandbabies then met with their daddy to go to dinner. The kids are both super happy right now and we're just really hoping that Kirk's daughter makes a healthy choice.

So, today is work and then I think I'll probably practicing self-care since the kids dad doesn't work on Sunday. Then I'll probably spend time with the grandkids Monday and Tuesday after I get off work.

My food choices have been okay-ish. I'm definitely past that point of going to the store and grabbing every horrible thing I can find to binge on. I'm grateful for that.

So, happy Sunday everyone enjoy that warm weather while it's here.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #20  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Sunday and it is Sunny we actually got to 62 yesterday and today will be 50 so loving the weather.

Never made it Hobby Lobby as two oldest wanted to go to the mall and figure we would all just go together instead of wasting two car gas. I did score half price on my favorite pair of flip flops from Clarks so I was very happy and got DD2 some new sneakers that work better for volleyball.

Not sure what is on the agenda today but tomorrow I go to work I do not get a 3 day weekend though DS1 and DD2 do.

Debbie that is a tough situation hope your DH daughter makes the right decision

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-18-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie I am so sorry Kirk's daughter is struggling. My BFF signed over her husband's parental rights to NJ. He was ordered to rehab and no contact with the kids. She needed to do this to get much needed financial help as he depleted everything. he did get clean and things were going really well. Sadly he did so much damage in his "hey day" he died of a heart attack at 34. Very scary and emotionally trying. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Jenn awesome job on P1
Old 01-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Aw, Debbie, what sad and tragic news! I hope Kirk's DD gets the help she needs and everything works out well. Thank goodness the kids are fine and happy.

We had an awful ice storm this morning. There were tons of accidents and fatalities due to the dangerous road conditions, and none of this was predicted, which made matters worse. Since we were housebound, I've been cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Jake's been asking for chicken & dumplings, so I have a pot of that simmering, along with a pot of vegetarian cashew chili, and I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The recipe for them claimed they were "healthy", but they're in no way OP for SBD!
Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It means a lot to me. Work was busy and now I'm taking a little breather sitting on the porch as it's super beautiful here today. I'm headed down shortly with my swimming suit and will probably go to the pool give grandma a break and go out for dinner. My mom said the pup could stay with her but I'll come home early since I have to work at 5:30 in the morning.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Thinking of you, Debbie.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #25  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I've been MIA dealing with massive computer issues. I finally broke down and wiped everything and started over. In the meantime we had company all weekend so got me away from the computer for awhile

Debbie - thinking of you all. I'm glad the little ones are in a safe place, hope his DD can do this.

See you all in the morning

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-18-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Closed Thread