South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 06:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday SBD Chit Chat for 1/6

Here's a coffee for everyone to get us started.

I'll be back in a few!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the coffee, Cottage! I'll take mine in a to go cup since I am just saying "good morning" before I run out the door. It's a cold single digit January morning today; at least we aren't in line to get any snow.

Since today is Epiphany I will finally take down the Christmas tree and pack away the nativity and such. But I think I might leave up the strand of white lights on the stairwell until the end of the month. The days are so short right now and they are cheery.

No real news here other than another day back at work. Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-06-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Linda. I seem to really need it this morning as I'm full of aches and pains. Beam me up, Tylenol!

Did get to the doc yesterday and the ear thing is not just my imagination. There's liquid behind the eardrums which is causing the pain. Tylenol and an antihistamine are the current "cure" and a "wait and see" time. My doc is super cautious at prescribing anti-biotics and I trust him but, of course, I want an instant fix.

Just turned on the Bling Tree for the last time when I got up. I'm going to miss its cheery presence these dark mornings. I will make a note about where I put the tree stand this time.

Tackled some of my end-of-year accounting stuff yesterday afternoon and found a lot of errors and omissions as usual. I am starting to be worried about my accounting software but have been holding off on upgrading until I get a new PC. At the moment I just cross my fingers and do lots of back-ups!

Not sure what today will bring. If the ice has been removed from the steps at the Town Hall, I may go in to pick up some cheques but it won't take much to persuade me to stay home in this cold - normal January weather around here.

On we go with the first Tuesday. Have a stellar day!

Edited to add: Hi Beth. We are getting snow although our temps are the same. I am considering leaving my outside lights on to brighten this dark month. I hate taking the wreath off the door but may just add some snowflakes to it and leave it for winter cheer.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Linda, thanks for getting us started and thank you also for the coffee!

Beth, glad you got here this morning. Have a great day at work.

Ruth, I'm glad you got to the doctor and found out what's going on. Sorry there doesn't seem to be a quick fix. I hope it gets better for you now.

Yesterday I made some calls and found someone to work for me today. I could tell this cold was coming on and just wanted to stay home and take it easy. Unfortunately, I sleep when I sleep and I'm awake when I'm awake. So, I've been up doing a few things and now I'm going to lay down again for a bit. It's super warm here this morning. I hope this warmth will head east for the rest of you, except for Gabby of course who may be having this warm streak as well. It is sure nice to have another Colorado chick around here!

Okay, well I'm going to try for a little mini nap. It's still dark so that may help.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Cottage never made it back, but thanks for getting us started!

Beth - I should've done that - hang a string of lights somewhere - is it too late?! (LOL) My kids would love that too.

Ruth - glad you got an answer, hopefully it will clear up soon! Smart doctor, even if it is annoying .

Debbie - hope you get some rest and feel better today. I don't think I told you - my neighbor got a cocker spaniel puppy for Christmas, she is absolutely freaking adorable. I'll bring Emma Jean over there sometime to get her used to other dogs - in house with 5 kids, she's doing great with strange people!

The kids (and I) are lucky - 2 hour delay here! There's only a thin layer of snow on the ground, but I'm sure it's slick...never mind the country roads the busses go on get really bad. This works out great for the kids, because they're not used to getting up early!!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) my appetite is coming back. Good because maybe I'm improving, bad because I can't grocery shop, and I sit at home all day! I did make some yummy chili last night, and still have some hoppin' john. I need to keep my portions down too, esp because my stomach isn't used to it.

There's a beautiful snow out there
Old 01-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back! Preparing breakfasts and lunches for Phase 1 takes up a big chunk of time in the morning! They keep saying on TV we're having a light snowfall, but it's coming down heavy and the roads and sidewalks are really slick. Cindy called to tell me to stay put for now, and then Dustin called and said it took him an hour to drop the kids off at school, when it should take less than 20 minutes. So I'm in no hurry to get out there.

Ruth, I hope your earache goes away quickly and takes the rest of your aches and pains with it!

Beth, have an easy day at work, and I'm glad you enjoyed the coffee.

Debbie, try to get some more sleep and I hope your cold doesn't get worse! Feel better soon!

Tammy, I think the schools here regret not calling a delay, since the roads are a lot worse than they thought they'd be. I'm glad your appetite is coming back, but keep it in check. At least it's a sign that you are getting better!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are off to Boston in an hour for baby time. We get to babysit this afternoon then Tim gets one on one time tomorrow when DD and I visit a potential child care for the little guy. He won't be going for another 4 months so no need to expose him to all those germs yet!

We are at day 7 of our elimination diet and feeling pretty good. Day 5 we had headaches and yesterday we both had wicked cravings, even for things we didn't care much about before! Traveling is the hardest thing and we are doing it again.

Normally today would be d-day for the tree but it gets a reprieve. I'll take it down Thursday when I'm back home.

Probably won't get in tomorrow because I am going without my devices. Hope you are staying warm!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Good that you saw dr. My dr.givese antibiotics at a drop of a pin.

Debbie. Take good care of youself.

Tammy. Its good to have your appetite back.

Linda. Drive carefully.

Cyndi. Cuddle that baby as much as you can. They grow up so quickly. My 7 year old grandson is always talking about mindcraft and I am lost.

I think I am back in the grove. Cleaned out my workshop yesterday and will finish a project I started last spring. Going to walk the mall this morning as its so cold out there but no snow. Also lots of water today.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-06-2015, 09:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Beth I have everything down but lights.

Ruth glad to hear that you have found out what is going on with your ear.

Debbie DH has a bad cold and he is trying to give it to me. So far just a sore throat though trying to confine it to that.

Tywnn glad they have a delay for safety reasons. Good to hear your appetite is better.

Cottage be safe out there when you leave

Cyndi enjoy baby time

DD2 finds out if she makes the volleyball team this afternoon. Today is just meetings all day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Having my son at home is NOT good for my eating! We went out again last night and he chose the place and it was so cold out that I didn't want my fall-back of a salad. Let's just say I've put on 2 pounds this week instead of losing them in preparation of my trip

Speaking of which, we are hot and heavy in getting ready. Lots of time now researching. Checked weather yesterday and starting to think about all the clothes I'll need for all the different temps. Stress is ratcheting up.

I'm working today and have book club tonight. Hmmm - can I go and not eat ANYTHING?! Maybe she'll have something other than crap food.

Have a great day.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Party's Over!

The sun set at 4:48 and the Bling Tree is turned off and defrocked. The decorations are going into a labelled box with the pieces of the tree stand included. Somehow I don't think I can go wrong again.

Now I'll sit and sip lemon tea and figure out how to brighten my mornings.

The Wise Men have arrived at the creche and will be packed away in the morning in another specially marked box.

See? I'm getting smarter - I think!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

The sun hasn't set here yet and my tree is still on! I just got home might have another hour and I'll turn it off
Old 01-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

My tree is staying on for another hour or two.

Ruth, I always thought you could leave the wreath out until Ash Wednesday, no? I like your idea to add a few snowflakes.
Closed Thread