South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Last TGIF of the Month - November 28th

Good morning and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and a good sleep after eating turkey. The doggage and I woke at 3 which is so stupid! I wish I'd learn to just go back to sleep but the brain turns on. I think it's bladder pressure.

My oven is now in working order thanks to "Willie" who showed on time yesterday and did his magic. The element was not burned out after all - just some small adjustment to the computer and it was good to go. I even ran the self-clean cycle and it's now sparkling. He told me not to leave the racks in the oven when I ran the self-clean cycle - says it makes them rust. Never heard that before.

We got a skiff of snow last night so I hope the roofers can finish the job today. I plan to hit the road for the day and get that schoolwork delivered and out of my diningroom. I can't believe I dragged my butt on the job for so long. Next year I will get it finished and delivered by October 1. Hold me to it.

Busy weekend ahead with duty at the Town Hall tomorrow night. I need to go to town tomorrow to finish my West Coast Christmas shopping so I can get that box into the mail on Monday or Tuesday. I also need to continue stripping the upstairs rooms so the guys can do the floors when I'm gone next week. I need staff and the dogs are no darned good at much except being cute and cuddly.

Another coffee while I read the news and then full speed ahead. Somebody pass me a turkey sandwich on brown for my lunch, OK?
Old 11-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Huh, Ruth...I've never heard of that either. Of course, my oven desperately needs cleaning (sweet potatoes sure do make a mess!) but that is not high on the priority list!

I can't believe it's almost December! And, today is my last weekday by myself!!! (jumps in joy!) DH and kids are getting ready to drive out to NC by themselves, since I have to work. I overheard daddy telling the kids last night, guess they didn't realize it before. I yelled I have to pay for them to play . I have 3 different meals out (friend, good former client, job candidate) while they're gone, so I certainly won't be bored.

But...let's get through Black Friday, shall we? Are any of you one of those crazies?!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I ate too much bad stuff yesterday and woke up early not feeling so great. Today is back on track for me going to make a smoothie for breakfast.

Ruth I sure hope they get your roof done today. I have never heard of that before either about racks

Tywnn hopefully you will get to enjoy some me time while family is gone. I just to go out on Black Fridays for a few hours but since they started opening on Thanksgiving night I have not done. I did do some shopping online last night and this morning and I am pretty much done with shopping now.

Today we are going to Santa parade and I do need to get some cleaning done as well. We normally go to Our Lady of the Snows on Thanksgiving evening to go see the lights but DD1 had to work so we will do this evening instead. We went to the movies last evening instead to watch Penguins of Madgascar.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and if you have family in enjoy their company.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks!

We had a lovely day and a great meal yesterday. Honestly, I was pretty much OP except for 1 or 2 side dishes and dessert. Even then, 1 (1! you had more than that?) of my desserts was from Kalyn's low sugar recipes.

I will not go to the stores today but am not sure what is on the agenda.

Ruth, hooray for the oven and may the roof project be completed. I can't remember if you said: you are doing shingles not metal, correct?

Tammy, DH is good to take the kids by himself. Are they going to visit extended family?

Pearl, I haven't been to the movies in ages. I used to go more when the kids were little but barely think of it now.

I'm off to get some coffee. Have a great day, all!

Last edited by Beth19; 11-28-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

re the roof as they would have to sweep off the snow first and have not shown yet. Beth, it is shingles. Metal is good for 25 years and I'm not sure I'll be around that long. I can't imagine being 100!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.....Ruth my oven handbook said to remove the racks for cleaning. I do when I remember. They have not rusted yet. I bought it in May of 1999.

Tammy enjoy your lunches. Kids have no concept of how much $$$ we spend on everything. I was oblivious too when I was young. I wish I was oblivious now.

Beth I wasnt a good girl I endured in dessert for multiple helpings lol. Like Pearlrose it's back to being good today. I'm not going anywhere near s store today either. I did score a really good deal on a microwave for Joe's family. Yes it is what every family wants lol. Normally I don't get a big gift for all of them, but they need it for the new house. I think Joe and I are going to go in on his son's gift. I know he wants a go pro.

My DS sleep pattern is killing me. He was up past 6am watching movies on his lap top. I tossed and turned all night again even with taking a little Benadryl to help me sleep. The poor pups are stressed too He will not even talk about staying in school. It has been a very stressful weekend thus far. He almost missed going yesterday because he wouldn't get up. Then at my sister's kept texting me asking when are we leaving. So happy my phone was in my purse in the other room. I hate speaking badly about my son, but he is so incredibly selfish it is embarrassing. He was not raised like this by either myself nor his dad. I don't know how much more I can take. I seriously don't think I can live with him anymore.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. For the longest time I took my racks out but now leave them in. It certainly took the shine off and they don't slide as easily but putting some veggie oil on them helps.

Tammy enjoy your quiet time

Pealrose. Good luck shopping.

Beth. Enjoy your day and great on being on plan.

Jen. I know its hard to believe but the hard times with you ds will pass and he will become a wonderful young man

Boy, are they pushing black friday here. Our mall is opening at 6. I'm not biting. Not sure what is on agenda today.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been up and working for a couple of hours already, of course. Just 7 more busy days then I am off most of the rest of December. I can live with that. We made it to DDs yesterday and had a lovely afternoon of food, family, and lots of baby cuddles for me. Absolutely the perfect holiday

Better get back to work.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello, chicks. We had a wonderful holiday. I ate so much that I had a record 3.5 pound overnight uptick on the scale! Worked a couple of hours this morning. DS2 is still sleeping; he says he has a paper to write for school today so has no other plans. DS1 is taking his girlfriend around town. Had a yummy lunch of salmon. The recipe is a family favorite and I never get to have with the boys gone and DH being vegetarian. Tonight we have a beef dish that both boys love. I'll be eating leftovers for days!
Old 11-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Day-After-Thanksgiving! We had a great day here, but I was so busy that I never did find time to sit down and post. I did stay pretty much OP, although I had to have a piece of pumpkin pie and a cream puff.

Ruth, I leave my oven racks in when I clean it, and the only thing it does is takes off the shine. I don't care whether my oven racks are shiny or not, as long as they're clean. I'm glad it was an easy fix and that you're back in the baking business.

Tammy, make the most of your time alone and pamper yourself a little! How long is the family going to be away?

Pearlrose, I hope you're feeling better so you can enjoy the parade and the lights.

Jennifer, I'm sorry about the stress with your DS and hope he wises up soon.

Beth, enjoy your day, however you decided to spend it.

Sophie, you, too!

Cyndi, your Thanksgiving sounded lovely and you sound like you're thoroughly enjoying being a Grandma!

Karen, I bet those extra pounds are just a temporary blip and will whoosh away in a day or so.

I had a hairdresser appointment early this morning, and there sure was a lot of traffic out. We did venture out after lunch to look for a new tree topper and a new garland for the door, and by then it wasn't too bad. We have plenty of leftovers for supper, so that will be easy.
Closed Thread