South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Snowy Monday- chat Nov 17

Good morning! We have a light covering of snow with more on the way. Luckily I have coffee to get me through!

Just another Monday at work for me- sometimes predictable is good.

What's on your agenda?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Beth. I drove through snow and ice on my way home last night, making for a tedious ride, but thank goodness it was only raining by the time I pulled into my driveway. And we weren't supposed to get any of it!

It's a dark, gloomy, wet, Monday morning here. I'm anticipating a typical busy day, and my calendar shows that Maggie has an ortho appointment this afternoon. I really wish I'd have made time to make a pot of split pea soup over the weekend, as that would be very nice to come home to tonight.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-17-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh, Linda, I could have sent you the pea soup from 2013! We got more snow overnight and have freezing rain and sleet on today's menu. Why do I think it'll be another day or so before the roof is finished?

Yes, Beth, predictable is good. I predict we are moving into winter! No point crabbing though because Mother Nature is too stubborn to change.

This morning Jazz and I are off to the vet and the bank shortly. He just needs a quick booster and weigh-in - and then the rest of the morning is mine. I did get the darned financial report done yesterday afternoon. It was a biggie since I've not done one since mid-September.

The temp is just at freezing point right now so I may be able to get the deck chairs into the barn for the winter as soon as the darn dumpster gets moved away from the door - maybe today, guys?

Ho! Ho! Ho! in the snow. (Watched the Toronto Santa Parade yesterday so am getting in the mood!)

Happy Monday - aka Soup Day!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

No snow here, but a bit of rain, and quite dreary. Rainy Days and Mondays? (I love the carpenters!)

Just a quick check in before I'm off. We're (the hospital manager and I) are doing a couple of employee reviews this week, and I am not looking forward to them! The good thing is, the boss buys lunch .

Speaking of food, I just put together a crock pot of chili. Perfect for today...
Old 11-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got a bit over 2" of snow yesterday, I should have gotten out there yesterday to clean my car but instead did it this morning brrr.

Meetings today and then dropping my car off to have oil changed and brakes checked to see if they need to be changed.

Beth it is nice to have a routine

Cottage I brought soup with me to work it will be nice today

Ruth stay warm up there

Tywnn have a good day our employee reviews have gotten easier it is done on monthly basis so no end of the year review other than a quick review.

Have a great day everyone and hope we get to see the Sun!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No sun here at all. It is still snowing madly! No roofers here today and even the "woofers" are finding it a bit much and are curled beside the stove for the afternoon.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi, chicks.

No snow here; just very cold and predicted to get colder. I've been to the gym and ran errands, made black beans for lunch today and later this week. Now roasting some green beans for a snack. Mostly caught up from our trip; laundry done, emails answered, etc. Now onto planning for Thanksgiving!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello snow/slush/yuck here this morning. I'm a little worried about it freezing on the roads tonight.
It's a non-stop workarama around here. I'm making pots of things because I know the week will get busier and it will be nice to have leftovers. Last night I made a pumpkin black bean chicken chili and tonight it's Moroccan Lentil and Vegetable Stew. Tim has already been into the stew with a spoon and it's definitely a hit. I added some extra veggies, of course.

Beth - are you in the path of tonight's snow?

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-17-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Cyndi! You made me think of black bean sweet potato soup....Mmmmm.....
Old 11-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Cyndi, I'm on the northern edge of it so it shouldn't be too bad here. 3 or 4 inches maybe? I'll let you know how it works out.
Closed Thread