South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Coffee and Chat - November 10

Good Monday morning and here's our coffee.

We are having a typical November day ahead with gray gloom but it looks like we'll have sunshine and 60ºF for tomorrow. That will be so good for the thousands who will be at our Ottawa War Memorial to lay wreaths. Downtown Ottawa will be closed to traffic. They are expecting massive crowds this year.

Last night's crazy feast went well, as usual. I am so lucky to have good friends who have well-behaved kids and happy, social dogs. The food worked out well with enough of my entree left to send home for today's school lunches. That's always a boon for working mothers. It's also great to have a bunch of women working together doing clean-up. My kitchen is now immaculate and it looks like nothing happened.

Our Mill Website got hacked! I have to meet with our techy guy this morning for disaster recovery - not a great way to start the week but it will get the brain cells cranked up.

So ... what's a-happening on your plot of land in North America?
Old 11-10-2014, 06:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Default new day mondat Nov 10

Good morning. It's a new day and new week. I was a bit off plan this weekend but it is time to start fresh! Who needs coffee? I've got some but need to get going.
Have a great day chicks!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Did the earth move, Beth? Aren't we lucky to get a brand new week every Monday. (My past week has been a tad "sinful" so I'm buckling down.)
Old 11-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ew Ruth, what a bad way to start off the week with the website. Hopefully those techies will clean it up quick! (glad someone is good at that stuff)

Beth - good morning, and have a great OP day!

Another day, another dollar! We'll see how insane this gets today. Gratefully I got good naps over the weekend, and I'm already looking forward to Wednesday for my next one . With my health issues, since I'm in charge, I decided to take Wed afternoons off...every bit helps!

I'm about to make meatballs (parmesan...mmmm..) for dinner, and pack up my leftover beans and rice for lunch. So although I haven't been OP very well, I guess I can't shake some habits!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Good morning everybody, I'm on day 3 of ph1 and "I'm dying to get on the scale!" Is it too early? When would be a good day? I think im doing it right, but fear that im not....uuugh... ok are these sugar withdrawals? Or maybe too much coffee.....help...???
Hope everyone has A great Monday.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quickie fly-by to say HI to everyone this morning! Busy morning so far!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm sitting in my car waiting for somebody to come and open up. It's already 10 minutes past the time I'm supposed to be here. Oh well.

It's 51° right now but we've got a cold front moving in it's supposed to be 36 by the time I get often down to 19 tonight. Brrr!

Okay the cookies here got a run! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday ended up being a productive day-decided to go through bags of stuff in the basement- ended up bringing out 5 bagfuls of clothes and toys to give to one of the thrift stores and took 2 bags to consignment shops. DD2 and I went to town and gave the bags and took care of the other items. Got a little bit of money in my pocket from what they took. We also went and saw Dolphin Tale 2 which I had been wanting to see.

Ruth hope you get the website fixed quickly this morning.

Beth I had Panera bread yesterday and did have a bit off plan food there but so yummy. Back on track this week.

Tywnn hope your week goes quickly- the meatballs sound great

Layddi welcome yes that should be sugar withdrawals day 3 was always the worse for me and then you start feeling really great.

Cottage Hi

Debbie hope they let you in.

Tomorrow they are having a veteran's breakfast for us at work which is very nice of them to do. The weather is a changing here the cold front hits us by tomorrow morning and by Wednesday high will only be in the 30s brrrrr

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Website is finally working correctly and I was settling in for a peaceful quilting afternoon when .... a huge truck arrives with the shingles for my new roof which will be started Wednesday! Chaos will reign! I may put the doggage into doggie day care.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, thanks for the merge this morning...but couldn't you fix my "Monday" typo?

Sounds like lots of busy chicks today!

Welcome to layddi!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies, all you eastern folks brace yourselves the big chill is coming your way. Ruth I hope you get your roof done quickly. We got ours done this past summer, hopefully for the last time as we went metal.

I have been to 2 remembrance services so may just stay in and watch the Ottawa one.

I slipped up a bit over the weekend but it is back to P1 tomorrow. I was out for dinner with friends and the place was so busy that I hesitated to try a special request for fear everyone else would have been finished by the time mine came.

Hi Layddi, I am just in the 2nd week of phase 1 so maybe we can nudge each other along with this. I waited a week to weigh and was down 3 so am encouraged. figure if I can manage 1 pound a week between now and Xmas that will be good. I think I will try the food log on the weekly thread

I made those little spinach egg muffin things from the book and froze some for crazy no time mornings. A nurse friend told me to drink sodium free sparkling water with snacks because you feel full.

I am new to this site week 2 and am still trying to figure out about threads and those cute little bar things. techno challenged!

Here's to a happy healthy week. Mugs
Closed Thread