South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Wakey, wakey! Thursday Nov 6 chat

Hey everybody! I'm awake, have coffee and 5 minutes to spare this morning! Anyone else out there?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beachin', 11/6

Sorry, I can't come up with a clever title for today's daily.

It's pouring rain, and I have to drive to Rheinholds, which is about 1 1/2 hours away to pick up some custom ordered refrigerator panels for Richard. I plugged it into my Garmin, so hopefully the place will be easy to find. That should take up most of the day, at least.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, and a day out with both my SILs on Saturday!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's nice to see you in here this morning, Beth, and you even beat me to the Daily! Thanks for the coffee!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Just thought I'd get things started since I actually had the time this morning. Another week is rolling by and it is only 3 weeks until (American) Thanksgiving. And then less than 4 weeks until Christmas. I know the stores have been pushing it since August but I'm finally starting to think about holiday plans. There's a big sale on turkeys this week and I (somehow) have to make room in my freezer to pick up a couple. The other big discussion at our house is how DS2 will get home from school for his break; we've got a couple options but nothing firm yet.

Other than that, we have a chance of in the forecast- maybe an inch tomorrow. I'm okay with that if it comes and goes but at this time of year it may be here to stay.

I need to take out the trash and get to work but I always peek at the posts while I'm there. Have a great day chicks!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Beth I cannot believe the holiday season is so close. I am completely unprepared this year. My mind is everyplace else! I am off this Christmas, but since I am the junior LT with no vacation attached to Christmas I will be "asked" to work. If I say no thank you, then I will get ordered in. LOL at least by accepting when asked I stand a good chance of working close to home.

Linda good luck. I always print out directions just incase my GPS has issues.

Running around today, but finally going to the dentist. Need to use my benefit before the end of the year. My freezer is officially empty so no I must cook again. Which is for the best since I ate poorly way too much this past month.

No snow for us Beth, us downstaters are getting rain and wind. Maybe the last of my leaves will fall.

Have a great day
Old 11-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I thought I heard a lot of chatter down on the Beach this morning.

I was in earlier doing my spammer check but then got distracted by my crazy dogs. They are both all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 4 or earlier and anxious for breakfast BUT have started removing all the kibble from their dishes and eating the little tasty (flavour?) pockets first. They do eat the rest eventually but it sure makes for a messy kitchen first thing in the morning. Then they go back to sleep leaving me to sweep up the leftover round kibble.

I am at a loss for Christmas shopping this year. I have bought a couple of gift cards and also a post office mailing box but that's "it"! My sister and I exchange charitable donations along with another little something because we do have everything we need. I'm stymied over the rest of the lot though.

Santa can send ME a dumpster. I am going to need one as I plan a major cleanout right after Christmas to get the house "pared down" for the floor replacement. Everything has to be moved put and big pieces need to be emptied so that can happen. I am considering hiring movers to pack the books and the china, etc. I don't cope well with chaos!

Darn weather dude is threatening snow for tomorrow up here too! Today I am doing a special event with Jazz at a school an hour away and will try to sneak in a quick stop at the grocery store in the city to get some things for my dinner "party" on Sunday. The head count is fifteen and growing. All I have to do is the protein (coq au vin) and set the table. I'll have to wait until Saturday night to decide how many leaves to add to the table.

Linda, please drive carefully - sounds like a long and somewhat stressful day, especially if the weather keeps on with that stuff. I can imagine your relief when the mess is over. I hate renos but love the results.

Hmmm - just checked my calendar and I have a Mill Exec meeting here tomorrow. I guess I'll definitely need to stop as I go through the city since these "short" meetings seem to take up most of a day and I won't have time to run in tomorrow.

Better throw myself through the shower to get ready for the road trip. It's trash day too so I'll lug the cans out to the road before I shower. The few cars that go down my road are quite accustomed to seeing me out there in my robe.

Hope your day holds something "special".
Old 11-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another round of meetings today for me and trying to work on reports in between.

Nothing on the agenda for this evening I might start tackling DD2 part of the room with her.

Beth I have not even started thinking about Christmas gifts but will eventually, DD2 is building her list. I already told DD1 and DS that most of the Christmas will be the ski trip since I pay for everything.

Cottage drive safe out there.

Jekel I am trying to schedule something for DH with the dentist before the end of the year as well.

Ruth have fun with the special event with Jazz.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies...just popping in to say hi! Busy baking and cleaning today (yes, baking again, LOL). Don't worry...it's going to the police department again. I'm testing Thanksgiving recipes.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry, no time for personals. I hope to get to catch up soon!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just back from visiting the pre-school with Jazz who was such a hit! The 3 and 4 year olds just adored him and it was pretty mutual. A delightful way to spend the morning even when sandwiched between an hour of driving each way. I did pop in to the Super Store and got chicken for Sunday.

Now back to real life!
Old 11-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi, chicks. Went for a hike this afternoon. Cool but very nice. Not ready for cold weather!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Another day closer to the end of this phase of the job I exercised yesterday and today and my back isn't quite as cranky. Tomorrow I'll get out more so that should help then Saturday we are babysitting for a little one in the morning then going for a hike in the afternoon. Have to keep planning some movement every day.

Now it's wine and relaxation time
Closed Thread