South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Tuesday Talkin' on the Beach 10/21

Good morning chicks!

*sigh* I was reading last night everyone slipping up and needing to do phase I. I do too, I just can't seem to get in the right frame of mind, do yaknowwhatImean??!! At least in general I eat healthy, but the scale is screaming in rebellion.

I do think some yoga would help me. Anyone recommend a good starter video? There's no way I can take a class.

Just work for me today....
Old 10-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dull and rainy out there this morning. I need some colours today There! That's better. My day is already brightened! It needs some brightening because we are going to have rain right through to Sunday although the temps are going to be moderate.

Did very little yesterday except relax and visit with my dogs. I even found myself watching daytime TV - SHOCK! I did some hand sewing while I watched but it felt way too decadent. I guess I was still in holiday mode. Today that has to end as I tackle some "must-dos" which will include booking my flu shot (ouch!), getting banking done and paying some Mill bills. It's almost time to get the winter tires put onto the car and getting a remote starter installed - something I've been talking about for years! And then there is eavestrough cleaning and leaf raking - a phone call to Ed the lawn guy will solve that problem.

Jazz and Millie are curled up together on the rug in front of the stove. They really have become great buddies and are seldom apart. It may be time to write a "Happy Tail" to send to the rescue folks at the shelter for their newsletter.

Let's have a brilliant Tuesday.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Twynn,
I TOTALLY know what you mean. I start the day with the best of intentions, and it all falls apart! It's the stress of my parents' situation, but also that somehow I can't focus on eating/exercise.

As it turns out, I am not going up there today. My father found out about the meeting with the lawyer, and wanted to come, and for various reasons I decided that would not be a good thing and the lawyer is going to fedex the papers to me for signing. My parents have a meeting with a social worker today and I want to see what comes out of that.

So today it's just work and then home - I'm still pretty exhausted and overwhelmed by what is going on. Tomorrow morning I am touring an assisted living place down here, just to see what that is like.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Congrats! I had to go back to read the posts I missed while traveling.

I'm off for my spa trip later this morning. We will fly into Phoenix today and drive to Tucson, where we'll spend the night at a hotel so we can get to the spa bright and early in the morning. We have this down to a science! I'm going to have to be careful about my hip while I'm there, but have even packed my hiking boots this time. Typically we take several exercise classes each day, get some sort of massage or facial or other pampering, and eat fabulous "healthy" food. Bliss.

Meanwhile, DH is going to at least one World Series game here and DS is going to one in San Fran. No news at the spa so I told DH to update me occasionally.

Have a great day, week, weekend...
Old 10-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Safe travels, Karen!

I slept in now I need to get going. 45 min until work and I haven't made my smoothie yet.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I finally got my head in the game and are on day 10 of totally clean eating and the scale has rewarded me by going down 6 lbs. I committed mentally to 6 weeks totally clean to get back on track. (Plus that puts me past Halloween and all that candy)

Tywnn I started doing yoga and I use youtube on the Wii to get the videos for free.

Ruth glad you got to relax yesterday!!

Matilda I hope things de stress for you regarding your parents

Karen enjoy your spa time! I know KC must be so excited about the Royals.

Debbie have a great day.

Today is another day of all day meetings and yet still expected to produce more reports as well. I am not going to stress over it what get's done get's done. My new motto.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-21-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

I've been totally obsessed with reading Ken Follett s last of trilogy books - edge of eternity.
Its been raining alot and garden tidying up has been hard. Also, I started a new knitting project and there has been alot of frogging(rib it, rib it). Going veggie shopping this morning and then making some protein cheesecakes
take care
Sophie
Old 10-21-2014, 01:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Didn't make it here until just now. Spent yesterday and today scrambling to get things done. My mom is flying in Tuesday, but leaving Friday as she wants to be home for the trick or treaters. They are changing our schedules after next week so life will be up in the air for awhile.

Day 3 of P1 and a huge water whoosh was seen this morning. Just in time for TOM's second visit this month ugh!!!! My goal is to be at goal weight before the ceremony. I'm really close. Then I will work on having wiggle room to stay under goal. I'm concentrating on eating clean rather then pressure myself with working out too. I know Nov I begin training for my ride in May so I am not worried about a two week hiatus.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Late check in for me today.

Tammy, that was what I meant yesterday when I said I am taking baby steps; trying to make each day a bit better than the previous day.

Matilda, hope your meeting went well today.

Got to go make dinner. Have a great evening, chicks!
Closed Thread