South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 05:45 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat, Sept 30

Good Morning!

It's super windy here this morning and I was considering just going back to bed until it was time to get up for work. Now that I've had a couple coffee I think I'll just sit and enjoy for awhile.

Nothing exciting on the agenda here and work was super slow yesterday. Boring. I am anticipating more of the same today. I do have some veggies and I picked up at the store yesterday that still need to be washed. I guess I should get that done.

What's on your agenda today?

Coffee is on stop and say hi!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-30-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Debbie, such a tame day for you! I'd have to drink lots of coffee to keep going.

OTOH, yesterday for me was insanely crazy (hey, it went fast!), and today is booked already as well. It is going to be a long 9 weeks. I didn't get up and walk yet this week, since work has been so insane, I'm not sure if it would be too much!

I made the crock pot lasagna. I was afraid the noodles wouldn't be good, but they were! I only had 8 instead of 16 oz of mozz, but it was still yummy to me. Unfortunately, the kids didn't like it?! Really?! A great option if someone wants something easy.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! Cool and foggy here right now, but it is slated to clear up later. I am loving all this sunshine!! Some years we get a big wind or rain storm right when the leaves are changing and you hardly get a chance to enjoy them. Not this year!

Tammy,
I found some eggplant lasagna in the freezer so that will be dinner tonight, along with some meatballs. Your recipe sounds good; I also would have expected the noodle consistency to be off.

Debbie, I agree. Busy days roll by much faster than slow ones! Hope today is the right mix of busy without crazy.

I need to be off. To all the chicks to come- have a great day!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, we just saw on the news that you guys are getting clobbered with hailstorms and snow. Is any of that affecting you? They showed some car dealerships in Denver where all the cars got damaged by the hail.

Tammy, thanks for reporting back on the lasagna. Too bad the kids didn't care for it, though. I hope the next several weeks aren't too hard on you.

Today is my long day, but at least I get an hour to myself while Maggie is having her music lessons. I'm going to use that hour to make a list of what I need to pack for the coming weekend, and what I need to get done before we leave Thursday morning.

Oops, I need more coffee. Anyway want a cup while I'm pouring?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, yesterday was Coffee Day here too and I sure participated. I was up at 4 for some reason and read and sipped for a while - a good way to start the day - and then went to a coffee hour at the United Church and got caught up on the gossip. Actually it was not "gossippy" since one of the candidates for the upcoming Township was there and we talked about our Village problems.

Glad you mentioned lasagna, Tammy. I have an eggplant that will be converted into that later today. (Debbie's veggie prepping mention reminded me!) I have not been eating properly and it's time to cook for me!

Beth, aren't the leaves gorgeous! I marvel at them every year - you and I are lucky to live where we do. Good old Frontenac arch that helps give us such beauty!

Linda, glad you will be able to grab that "me" time from your busy schedule. I know how much you are looking forward to your Cape May trip. I can hardly wait until December when I get to go there.

Once again, nothing on my calendar for today but I'm sure I'll manage to fill in the time. There is a political meeting at the Town Hall tonight and I am planning to be there - not for the politics but to ensure that the workers leave the kitchen in great shape. The PBS film crew arrives tomorrow morning at 8 and I'll need to "stage" the kitchen for when they shoot the breadmaking.

Jazz is zzzing away but it's sort of raspy. I guess he's still to recovered so I will pick up another week's worth of anti-biotics this morning. A country drive will be gorgeous once the fog burns off.

Enjoy your day. (By the way, this is Coffee Day II so keep sipping!)
Old 09-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Tammy, too bad the kids didn't like the lasagna. Next time you could buy a frozen one for them.... Sorry work is so crazy at least time passes.

Beth, thanks for your note last eve. Since I missed celebrating coffee day yesterday I'll give it a go today.

Linda, those storms missed us, although it rained all day here. I turned on the news last night...wow...only 20 miles East. Crazy! Enjoy your one hour while Maggie is at music lessons.

Ruth, I'm so glad you have another me day!

OK, I'd better get down for a final cup of coffee and get my smoothie going!

Have a great day everyone and to all who follow!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

You gals are making me miss the New England falls and foliage that I grew up with.

Got my flu shot yesterday. Wanted plenty of time for it to be effective before I get on a plane in a few weeks. Speaking of vaccines - did a stupid thing recently. Picked up the oral typhoid vaccine from the pharmacy and put it away to take after my next trip, not realizing it needed to be refrigerated. Noticed the other day. Yes, it did say fridge on it - but I didn't read any of the packaging when I got home. Wish the pharmacy tech had told me. Have to throw it out and get a new prescription from my doctor. Pretty expensive mistake.

Hope to hike today. The weather has been lovely hear but Debbie's report reminds me that rains are coming my way. Will spend more time on genealogy, as my usual. Not much else happening here.

Enjoy your day.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning yesterday was a little stressful. While getting ready I received a text message alerting me u checking account was overdrawn. Hmmmm no I'm not I thought. Oh yes I was!!!! My debit card was hacked. Looks like there was a skimming device at the ATM. Nothing looked odd to me. The bank was great about it. Thank goodness!!!

Strike two for the day was my car died. Oiy vey. Toyota really couldn't figure it out. My battery terminals might have been the issue. Guess time will tell.

So not much got done yesterday, but today will be different and less stress. So I tell myself.

I'll join in extending National Coffee Day
Old 09-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen, rats on the vaccine double rats for needing a new script. Yep, my Weather always seems to come your way! Enjoy your day.

Jennifer, I hope today is better!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-30-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me, had to go into work today have an interview and then a couple of meetings.

Trying to start to get things ready for the trip can't decide on whether or not to check a bag or not. It's a direct flight less chance of them losing it.

Sorry no time for personals

Jekel so sorry to hear about that this one of my worst nightmares, glad the bank was good about it.

have a great day everyone
Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #11  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Tammy: Can you share the crockpot lasagne recipe? I made ham and bean soup in the crockpot on Sat. night and it was horrid. DH and I both took one bite and threw the rest out. Yuck.

Jennifer: Dead cars are such a pain!

I moved to Phase 2 yesterday and am down 1 more pound today!

Today's agenda: possible bunch of manual changes because our fine Congress has sequestration rules which will result in a tiny bit more money for them but tons more work for us. Go figure!

And tonight: try to not have my head explode as DH starts more projects around the house. Last night, in hanging a mirror, he made 10 nails holes in the wall, looking for the stud (didn't find it!). So now that project includes patching the holes, sanding them, cleaning that up and then painting. This wedding can't come soon enough for me!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Hi friends, a late check in for me. My good friend came to visit last night and we stayed up until 12:30!! Of course had to get up at regular time this morning, NOT pretty. But I did drag myself and my son out of the house and off to work/school. Stopped at TJs to pick up some food for breakfast and was soooooo tempted by the prepared mushroom tortellini (with cream sauce) but was disciplined and good and got on plan food.

Today I need to work on my "spiritual autobiography" for my EfM class tomorrow, but that is really all I am going to expect of myself. It will certainly be an early night for me. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Goddessmeg the recipe for the lasagna is listed under Phase2....but if you are in the page that lists the SB threads look above your private messages, it was there yesterday. Hope this was helpful, not sure if the link will work, but here ya go

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/croc...ml#post5074774

Last edited by jekel383; 09-30-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks - better late than never seems to be my new motto Today is busier than I expected, silly me, but I am making time to check-in. I need to do that and make time to exercise. Both have been too low on my list of priorities lately.

Jennifer - sorry to hear about your day. I hope it improved.

Fall is here and it's gorgeous out there. I hope the temps stay as they are, just right for me

Now back to work
Closed Thread