South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday, Sept. 26 and TGIF!

God morning. Rushing in and out with coffee in hand. (Last night's meeting ran a little late and a friend came back for a "meeting after the meeting". I didn't get to bed until midnight and it was pretty hard to wake up at 6.)

Biggest thing on today's list is to do some vacuuming and dusting because Book Club is here tonight. I also need to check out the Town Hall and Mill and unlock both later today for a wedding party to decorate for tomorrow's wedding. I did make the Taco Bake yesterday but have other food to prep so it'll be a full day.

I very much doubt there will be time for a p.m. nap so maybe I should just go and have one now before the coffee kicks in! My TGIF will be a lot bigger by midnight tonight.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday!

I'm getting ready to take my car in for an oil change and am going to treat myself to breakfast at Cracker Barrel next door while I'm waiting. The rest of the day will be spent grocery shopping, doing Dad's meds and books, cleaning the house, and throwing in a load of laundry. I always wondered why they call it a day off?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Both of you sound like you have busy days! I am already booked today, and considering I think I accidently erased a surgery reservation, probably overbooked.

But, I got up early and did a 3 mile power walk, so I feel good and accomplished. Now to eat a good breakfast to give me energy for the day!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I havens' been intentionally AWOL. Yesterday I actually got distracted cleaning out my files and drawers in the office and came across my copy of the 3FC book. Anyone else remember that!?

I've been working the past few days, trying more new shoes. I figure if I can wear them standing for several hours at a time - they'll also be fine to walk a distance. I currently have 4 pairs of shoes to test and hope to be able to keep 2 or 3 of then.

Off to the gym this morning. Then grocery store. Tonight we have a belated dinner with Jewish friends to celebrate the holiday.

Enjoy your day.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Busy days here, too. Got closets switched yesterday which aaas a big deal. Dr appts and meetings now traveling back today after the pool. Things continue well integrating sis into our home.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, sorry I missed check in yesterday. It was a busy day, even though I was off work. We had to run out to the bank to make a deposit before 9 so I wouldn't get charged a fee (ahem) and the rest of the day was busy from there. I took my son to see "Dolphin Tale 2" - it was SO good. Even if you don't have a little one I recommend sneaking in to see it. I cried several times (I consider it a blessing to cry at a movie). We decided the next time we go to Florida we'll go to the West Coast so we can visit Winter at the Clearwater Aquarium.

Today I'm taking my son into the city so we can pick up presents for two birthday parties this weekend, and then in the afternoon I'm dropping him off at a computer programming workshop that he loves to attend. While he's there I'll accomplish some grocery shopping, get a haircut, and meet a co-worker for a drink at happy hour. Then I'll pick him up and we'll make our way home - I've got a neighbor coming over for a glass of wine. I'll need to make sure I don't overdo it since I've got two "drinking dates" in one night!!!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day still working on project, need to color my hair today and clean house at some point. DD2 has half day of school so she will be home at noon.

Ruth I hope you decided to take your catnap now sounds like you have a busy day

Cottage enjoy your breakfast while waiting for your car

Tywnn hope you are not overbooked today

Karen have you tried vionic ortho heel shoes? I have a couple and they have really helped.

Debbie I must confess I don't switch out closets other than some sweaters that are too bulky.

Matilda so glad to hear that it is a good movie, I have been wanting to go maybe we will be able to fit in this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The week got away from me again I suspect there will be a lot more of this in the next 8 weeks. We are filing for recognition today so the next 6-8 weeks will probably be crazy. There is some talk that I will even have to go back to full time for a month (I put in 50 hours this week on my 80% schedule so not looking forward to full time). I'll push back as long as I can. I like my Fridays off.

Tim is still having tummy issues. Tomorrow morning he goes for an ultrasound. They still suspect gall bladder which would be the easiest fix It will be good to have this behind us.

Today is chore day and tomorrow we go kayaking. can't wait! Fall kayaking is much fun.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #9  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All!

I second the TGIF! I'm still fussing with my cold and it feels like someone is stepping on my face. Not fun.

I'm the only person in my unit today. 1 out sick (so she says), 2 on vacation and 1 had to rush her hubby to the ER with chest pains (he's had at least 1 heart attack in the past.) I'm the manager, so usually I just manage, but today I get to do the work!

Thankfully I get my hair dyed tomorrow. I let it go far too long, but I was trying to time things out right for my stepson's wedding (in 15 days!!). Can't wait for that to be over and done with!

I had dinner with 2 gal pals last night and lunch today with another 2. Fun!

Zoinks! I forgot! I had my labs yesterday and my A1c dropped from 8.9 to 7.6!! I see my dr. next week.

And now, one of my staff is working from home (hubby is OK) and our student employee is here, so all's well that ends well!

This weekend: trying to avoid doing work around the house. DSS needs to clear his crap out of the house and into the apt. where his bride lives, but I'm not seeing any movement there and our house will be full of guests in 2 weeks. Chop, chop, child!

Last edited by goddessmeg; 09-26-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: forgot something
Closed Thread