South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday in the Rain Again - June 24

Good morning. I lucked out today. I was lying in bed thinking about getting mobile when the rain started which means I don't need to lug hoses around watering things. Yesterday was very warm and I noticed a lot of parched looking things so made that first on today's list. The rain is soft and warm - perfect for plants.

My friend Rachel dropped by at 4:30 - Sunday didn't work out for us. We had a good visit - she didn't go home until after nine! She and Jason applied to adopt a child and were turned down. She was pretty devastated but feeling more positive by the time we polished off the wine and cheese.

Today I have a Mill Exec meeting re finances where I will lay it on the line to our President/Chair. Dann has an MBA from Harvard but is pretty thick about some real-life things. We are having the meetings in the Town Hall from now on, not here. That eases things a bit as I don't need to produce coffee and cookies!

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but it's here so let it roll.

What's on your agenda ... after a bit of coffee and chat, of course?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and chicks to come

Sorry to hear about Rachel. Hopefully things will work out for them. it is amazing some people who have children, shouldn't and those who should can't. Sad situation. No rain here yet, but is expected this evening

Not much on the agenda other then studying. I did sign up for a 50 mile ride Sunday. So I better get a ride or two in before the weekend. I have been so sluggish and burnt out from studying. Hopefully this will be what I need to perk myself back up.

Hope Debbie and Tammy have safe travels.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth glad it is raining so you don't have to lug water hose

Jekel I have been sluggish as well but I think it is just getting used to having to get up early again to go to work.

Today have lots of meetings and then DD2 has a swim meet tonight and I think the weather will cooperate.

have a great day!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Quiet day in here; must be the chicks are very busy! I peeked this morning but no one had started the daily chat and I didn't have time either.

We had rain overnight/this morning as well so I will skip watering the garden tonight. Things are certainly looking lush and green out there! Unfortunately the weeds are growing right along with the veggies.

I'm having one of those weeks where I didn't plan ahead and don't know what is for dinner. Guess I'd better mosey over to the recipe section since everyone in my house thinks they should be fed 3 times a day and those boys are bottomless pits...

Have a good afternoon.

ETA: turns out fajitas (with or without ww tortillas) was the answer.

Last edited by Beth19; 06-24-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Closed Thread