South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 09:10 AM   #1  

Default PH1?Oatmeal,Cravings & PMS -HELP-I asked 4 help on the prevention site, w/no help

This is my exact post, I copied and pasted it here, from the prevention M/B.

Hi There, I know oatmeal, and cereal is not a food allowed in Ph 1, however, I have been having wicked everything cravings, from waffles, pancakes, PB and jam sandwiches, and CHOCOLATE .. However, I have not yet givin in to evil temtation, but I have been eating oatmeal, to curve my appetite,milkless cheerios as well .. I'm on my 2nd week, and I dont want to have to start all over again -- Should I? Aunt Flow isnt due to arrive for 2 more weeks,

Ladies, what do you do when craving hit?
FF, Fudge sicels are great, but when I have 1, i always want more, I limit myself at 2 --
0 fat, 44 cals, and 8 carbs

Help me

As I said in the subject, Ive asked for help in the prevention site, w/no help, it's a bit discouraging, Sorry for whinning,
Old 07-27-2003, 09:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Kissten, I would definitely stay away from the oatmeal and cereal. I'm sure that's what is causing your cravings. There's a LOT of sugar in cheerios.
Old 07-27-2003, 09:38 AM   #3  
Mous

Kissten,

Have you lost weight?
The book does say that you can skip Phase 1 if need be, but if you don't, you need to follow it well.
Regular oatmeal is what you can have, NOT instant.
Read labels and see what is in them.
You are allowed PB, and the natural is the best. If you HAVE to have chocolate, semisweet is better with some pistachios.
If you HAVE to have something sweet remember the 3 bite rule.

Keep to the food list.
Cravings should be gone, for me, by the 3rd day. Remember to cut back on portions if this is a problem, and if you are eating fruit in the morning, DON'T, it sets you up for wanting more by raising your sugar levels.

You can have 30 pistachios, 15 almonds, 20 peanuts.
SF popsicles and fudge bars.
Celery stuffed with FF cream cheese or PB.

Keep us informed and GOOD LUCK

If you think you need to stay in Phase 1 for another week do so. Otherwise see how it goes in Phase 2. You can always go back.

Lady
Old 07-27-2003, 10:02 AM   #4  

Thanks so much for replying, I haven't had fruit in weeks, and I haven't weighed myself, It's like I'm afraid to see the scale hasn't moved, sounds silly I know, I was going to wait the 2 weeks, or wait until TOM is done,
Old 07-27-2003, 11:24 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Kissten-I've been having problems lately too. IF you can do phase 1 it is a good idea since it helps eliminate the cravings. It is mostly since I have added things back in (phase 2) that I have been having problems. With phase 1 you crave stuff at first, but after a few days (a bit longer for me, but by the end of week 1) the cravings are pretty much gone.

Hope you like it here, lots of helpful and nice people!!!! WELCOME!!!!!
Closed Thread