South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last Weekend in April - April 26th & 27th

Good weekend morning. I fully intended to sleep in this morning but was wide awake at5:30. Jazz has been out, breakfasted and is now back asleep upstairs on my bed. I have one load of laundry humming away and will have to disturb His Imperial Majesty shortly as I strip the bed.

Finished slotting in students for interviews next week. It's going to be a rough week but Anna and I will survive. It's kind of sad that we don't have two younger Board members interviewing with us. An 85-year old and a 75- year old may be a bit intimidating to these kids - we're both former school teachers too! We hope to have the hiring done quickly and will start training the next week getting ready for opening May 17! That's a long weekend here and I am going to be away on an R&R weekend - I don't think the Board realizes that quite yet. I'll remind them at Monday's meeting.

Off to a birthday dinner tonight and have our Girls and Kids dinner tomorrow. Somehow I think the scale won't make me smile on Monday. I've not switched over to spring clothes yet since it's been too cold and some things seem a bit snug although I weigh a bit less than last Spring. I've also not gone to the gym for almost a year and I'm sure that's made a difference.

Looking forward to a spring/summer of grilled meats and really fresh salads!

Have a super weekend - balanced between fun and "stuff".
Old 04-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I slept in this morning and just poured my first cup of coffee. It sounds like next week will provide quite a bit of entertainment for you, Ruth. I hope you and Anna manage to find a few suitable candidates for the job!

It's a gorgeous morning here. I have a quick doctor appointment first thing, then I think Jake and I are going to take a ride out to my favorite plant nursery deep in the Amish countryside to select a nice rhododendron for the garden. We have a beautiful dark red one planted in our border in the back yard, and I want to find another one to match it. Mass this evening will wind up my day.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth and chicks to follow! Goodness Ruth, you deserve and R&R weekend. I hope all your interviews go well, and you find the perfect person.

Already got Ms Emma Jean out on her walk (and DOUBLE BONUS - daddy has her on another one!!), and cleaned up the kitchen a tad. We're having a woman over later for dinner with friends, she might watch the kids a bit over the summer. She's a teacher too, and young and full of energy, and needs the extra money.

Otherwise, off to look at an awesome deal and see if it's real on a car today (CR-V), and then DD has a fencing tournament this afternoon. Tonight friends over for supper...which is why the dog is walked and kitchen clean by 7 am!

Time to go get a new car .
Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #4  

Good morning Cottage!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I'm working this afternoon. But I see there are a lot of us scheduled and with my shift I'm the most likely to get cut if we aren't busy. Which would be fine except it might mean I get dragged to the beer festival that DH and some of his family are attending. Since I don't drink beer, they'd appreciate a designated driver. Other than that, I'm plugging away on more ancestry stuff, a bit most days, and into a book right now.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! I slept in and am now waiting for the coffee. It is quite dreary and rainy today but it's still spring so I'm not complaining. Today will be niggles mixed in with the Chamber's Home and Garden Improvement Show and a trip to get groceries.

Ruth ,
you made me smile with your "8 months" comment yesterday. I also buy gifts throughout the year when I see a good idea. And DH has a habit of starting in June to do the countdown of days until school begins just to tweak his students a bit!
Cottage, enjoy your plant shopping! I sometimes have a hard time controlling myself when it comes to buying plants.
Tammy, sounds like a busy but fun day!
Karen, have a good day no matter what it brings.

Ok, searching for coffee...Anyone need some?

Last edited by Beth19; 04-27-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #7  

I'm ready for another cup, Beth! Mine got cold while I was dealing with my grandson's bloody nose. Poor guy is having a hard time with allergies. I have a very hard time controlling myself at a nursery, too, and I doubt I'll come home with only one plant, lol. But Jake has informed me that we are working the garden all day today, so the buying trip is postponed to another day.

I hope you have luck with the car, Tammy!

Karen, I hope you get to leave work early!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I too slept in. Dropped my car off last night for new tires and an inspection. Nothing like waiting until the last minute It's a wet day here so I guess I'll get some miles in on the spin bike. Maybe use my Hawaii training DVD.

I cannot wait to go plant shopping. Memorial Day weekend is when I usually get my annuals in the ground. Amish plant shopping sounds great Linda.

Tammy hope you get a great deal. What color do you prefer?

Ruth I think it impressive that high school students take an interest in the mill.

Hi Beth and Karen

OK time to get DS motivated for work
Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Jennifer, they are actually HS kids going to University in the Fall or kids already in U, with preference given to those majoring in History or museum studies. I think that's why I get so discouraged by their level of maturity - or should that be immaturity?
Old 04-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up since 6:30 a.m. already have made breakfast, did the dishes, cleaned the bathroom and have been sanding the deck. Whew I am tired.

Ruth you definitely need an RR weekend

Cottage enjoy your day hope you find what you are looking for

Tywnn good luck car shopping today

Karen hope you get off you after you would be the DD

Beth enjoy the show

Jekel DH needs to change his oil and needs 2 tires changed out. I will probably end up being the one to do.

Off to do some more sanding and then we are taking the girls putt putting.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #11  

I got a new car! Actually, it comes to me Monday...I can't believe I bought white. The other colors weren't great, and it was more important that I have a grey interior (I can't stand the black). WOOT WOOT! (Oh, LOL...it's a CR-V...got the new one since the payments were only $13 more/mo!!)
Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good stuff, Tammy! Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #13  

Congratulations, Tammy! You'll have to drive it out here to show it off to me real soon!

We got our garden chores finished early, so Jake suggested we drive out to the nursery to see what they had. I did find the color rhododendron I was looking for, plus some other stuff. Jake's almost as bad as me when it comes to plants.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:26 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

So, Linda, does the red rhodo match our cars? 42ºF and rainy here so no gardening happening, not that I could grow rhododendrons in this garden zone! Really don't want to go to Jack's birthday dinner but ... duty calls!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #15  

Ruth - how was the birthday dinner? Are they a fun bunch to hang out with?

Cottage - sounds beautiful I definately think you need to put your personal stamp of approval on the new car!

Pearl - sanding the deck?! Wow, are you sore today?!?!

Jekel - how is your riding going? When's the big ride date?

Beth - did you get a lot of niggles done?

Karen - my DH would be more than happy to go to the beer festival - I'm always the designated driver as well.

Yesterday was a great day! It was weird - the dealership wasn't a bunch of "typical car salesmen", so we were happy to buy from them vs. the other 6 dealerships we were at. My DD had her fencing tournament in the afternoon, and she beat 2 boys to get 2nd in individuals in her group!! Wow, I was surprised at how she went from timid to aggressive! Then last night we had a friend over, who brough a younger teacher that needs some work over the summer, and would *love* to take my kids to the beach, etc. I just need to find out her driving records before I let her haul my kids around.

Today - is supposed to be a relaxing day, but you know how that goes . I need to make the snack for bible study tonight (its great, everyone else now brings something healthy like a veggie tray, in addition to the bad desserts)...and realized I need some for work tomorrow for someone's bday, the woman down the street that just had a baby, and I would like to give some to the guy delivering my car - he's a really good guy (and he's driving 3 hours round trip to do it). I really need to make a menu too, I kinda winged lunches this week, but didn't do too badly considering (the one day I just had a luna bar and that's it though).

The day looks gorgeous. I know DH will want to go on a hike....I need to find easy bake cookies!
Closed Thread