South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default T.G.I.F. - April 25

Only eight more months until you-know-what. We'd better start being good! Sorry but I just sorted some papers and found some notes on what to get for gifts next time.

Yesterday did not go as planned although I did get my haircut. When I got home there was a call from Claire asking me to go with her on that final drive to the vet with dear Charlie, another rescue dog. This is my second sad trip there since Disney died as I went with Christine's Mae two weeks ago. I hope that's "it" for the year.

Anna and I sorted through the pile of resumes and prioritized them. We have interviews set up for next week - two per day. Some candidates have great resumes but are not so great when it come to talking on the phone. "I can only come late Monday morning" "How do I get to Delta?" "What do you do at the Mill anyhow?". And then there were the silly voice mail messages when we called. **Sigh** There was one delightful young woman who called us back to set up an interview. She said "Thanks so much for giving me this opportunity." She gained points. Next week is going to be rough.

Jazz and I are off to the vet this morning for his annual check-up, shots and the usual lecture about ticks. I have found only one tick on him in three years but still - we have quite a bad tick problem in this area. So far none of my dogs or their mistress has had a problem.

After that I am going to pick a bouquet of blue scillas to put in a small white jug on my desk. It's been such a wait for Spring that I am bringing it indoors!

Do something spring-y for your self today but have a coffee first.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Ruth, I acknowledge that 8-month-thing, but normally people get *really* mad at me for saying it . Do you have Seresto up there, Ruth? I LOVE it! No brainer tick control.

TGIF!!! I have short timers disease, and I still have 5 weeks or so of my old job. Friends/clients are being really supportive, so that helps a bunch. We keep debating if I should get a new car because of the drive (we really don't want another payment, Dave Ramsey would be so disappointed in us), but we're afraid the transmission is going to go, and there goes our trade in. I found a CR-V nearby that I'm waiting to hear if it's still available, I also test drove a passat...I had one and LOVE it, and miss it, but I'm not sure it should come before a cr-v, other than cost (and probably mileage).

Today is work, then maybe car shopping, or just relaxing .
Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth those interviews sound like they are going to be quite interesting. I too start my shopping early. If see something and go "oh that would be perfect for...." I buy it. One year though I bought a Jim Shore Christmas angel (btw I love them) and couldn't remember who it was for. So guess who got it

Tammy car shopping is so challenging. I traded in my Explorer (tranny was going fast) for a Camry. Love the gas mileage, cringe driving in snow. I factor in a car payment for life (well at least until I retire) as I do a lot of driving. My car isn't even paid off yet and I have 95,000 miles on it. if I were to get a new car I think I would look at the Subaru Cross Trek. One caught my eye recently, not that I am in the market. With college tuition right around the corner the less payments in my life the better

I am off until Thursday. Going to ride my bike everyday and not much more. Work has really been trying my patience lately. My Captain, descent guy, but micro manages. I try so hard not to be insubordinate or disrespectful. However, yesterday I came quite close to telling him how I really feel.

Have a fantastic, fun filled Friday!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Glad I'm not the only one keeping notes for gifts. I have a list on my smartphone.

Tammy - Our cars are 12 and 13 years old and I dread the day we have to make a decision about buying a new one. That's even worse than paying for it!

Jennifer - Enjoy your biking.

My mom and I are working out earlier than usual today. Our trainer is in a body-building competition tomorrow and she looks so thin and buff. She warned us she'd be scatterbrained today. And hungry!

I work the closing shift again tonight. That's twice this week which I hate. And what bothers me most is that I noticed that a couple of my co-workers some weeks get no nights. I want that to be me! I've decided to track it and will say something to my manager if it keeps up. Can't expect things to change if she doesn't know I don't like them as they are, I suppose.

Have a great day.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday,

Ruth- I have to do start doing interviews as HR has unfrozen two of my positions I am amazed at some of the people we interview- we have to weed through to find the jewels.

Tywnn- We always have one car payment because as one gets paid off the other car has so many miles we need to get a newer one, but I have only bought one new car in my lifetime and will probably never buy new again, I just search until I find the right low mileage used one.

Jekel enjoy your time off

Karen I would keep a log and see what occurs and talk to your manager.

Today I came in to work as my boss is taking me out for Birthday luncheon but we are going to a place that has awesome spinach salads, she knows I am trying to lose some of this weight and she is too. I had nsv last night as we went to DS Honor Society induction and they had all kinds of goodies for the reception and I only drank some iced tea and it did not even bother me to watch others eating the goodies.

Have a great Friday!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-25-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #6  

Morning

Just a quick fly-by. As I have to run & get the car smog-checked and then it's off to demo. I still have a couple Friday demos to do during the transition period as not to leave them hanging & will keep that job just in case. Yesterday, was interesting as the woman I was told I was hired to replace due to her move doesn't know when she is moving. Not a real stable feeling to get walking into a new job.

Anyway, it must be fun in a way to car shop though I don't envy you the negotiating when it comes time. I have an old 15 yr old Corolla and while you may laugh at the status of it it still runs great. I love the Japanese cars for relaiability and I think I'm with Jekel I would probably go with a Camry or an Accord next. I do look online & fantasize but thats a ways out and I sure don't miss payments

Ruth you're a sweetie to accompany your friend to the vet. Sorry it had be so many trips there this year for you.

TGIF everyone.

Sue
Old 04-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just checking in now. I had to get to the car dealership early to beat the crowd so I wouldn't have to be waiting all day to get my car inspected and oil change. As it was, though, by the time I did my banking and got groceries, the morning was gone. I had a nice, relaxing lunch with my Dad, though, and I took him for a nice drive afterwards, which he really enjoyed and appreciated.

Now the rest of the day is mine. Jake just tilled in some nice compost from our compost bin in the garden, and after supper I'm going to finally get our onion sets planted. It's supposed to rain overnight, so the timing will be perfect.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day. It's gorgeous here!
Closed Thread