South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's Wednesday Already! SBD Chat for 4/23

Coffee's ready for all who care for a cup!

We had a brief, but wild thunderstorm pass through here last night. It was funny, because everyone had taken their trash bins out to the curbs, and the fierce wind lifted the lids right off and trash was flying everywhere. Even funnier, was to watch all the guys dashing around in the downpour, trying to pick everything back up. It made for a good evening's entertainment.

Today is a day of organizing, finding new homes for the rest of the stuff that came down from Susie's house. New tenants are moving in on the 1st, and we've been scurrying to empty the house for them. Finding new homes for the accumulation of almost 50 years of marriage is quite an undertaking. The girls have Pony Club after school, so after I drop them off, I can head on home, but I must remember I have a doctor appointment this evening.

What's on your agenda for today?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, Cottage! I hope your appointment this evening is boring.

My CE class was run by a classmate last night, so we decided to do breakfast this AM together. Then it's off to work (HA! I can be late because it's the speaker, right?!), and then car shopping if the weather cooperates. Too many choices!

I didn't sleep in this AM (surprise, surprise), so Emma Jean and I already went on a walk. She was absolutely delighted.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda and chicks I can "see" online. I guess we got a bit of your crazy weather - not a thunderstorm but hail! Jazz had just gone outside and he howled to come back in darned fast. There was no damage to anything that I know but it was very disconcerting to see the ground white! It's all gone this a.m. and we have a showery day ahead.

Spent the whole day at home yesterday - didn't even go for the mail. :shock: The morning was taken up completely by the Mill Exec meeting and then I caught up on some accounting stuff in the afternoon. The hail meant I could not grill my steak outside so I did it in the broiler - not the same.

Need to get myself together this a.m. and catch up on a few house chores. Somebody comes in here when I am away and messes up my house! I guess that's why they invented doors that can close.

Jazz and I are off to Pet Therapy this afternoon and on the way home will deliver a quilt to a lady who is just starting her chemo. She loves dogs do taking in my wee Russian should cheer her up a bit.

Since Monday was a sort of Holiday, today doesn't feel like Wednesday. Maybe there won't be a Hump. and wishing us all a gentle day.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Ruth I grilled in my garage last night. Sorry but I cannot seem to master the broiler and filets deserve to be on the grill. Made a yummy chickpea salad and grilled veggies.

Tammy sorry you didn't sleep well. I finally did. Only because I figured out the culprit of the annoying every 15 minute beep. My FIOS back up unit in the basement was driving DS and I nuts for several days lol

Linda I had to laugh at myself. I think I am confused about Susie. I thought she was your daughter. Am I mistaken? Regardless, I hope you help her find a good new place for her belongings.

I don't have to be to court until 11. Assault trial that shouldn't even be going before a judge and jury IMHO. I think I will strip the bed and put my winter bedding in the attic. My daffodils are finally in bloom so it is officially spring. Change out my decorative flags too. Later in the day a nice bike ride followed by grilled chicken and veggies. DS is supposed to help bring the patio furniture up from the basement too. He wants to have his friends over for a BBQ Saturday. Guess I will be grilling for a bunch of hungry teenagers.

Have a great day
Old 04-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yawn. I did not get a good night's sleep. And went to bed much later than usual thanks to my phone doing weird things and me spending a very long time on hold and then with tech support. Not sure if it is resolved but fingers crossed. Coincidentally DH bought a new cell yesterday, a Note 3, so now I have phone envy. Anyhow, I'd love a nap later.

Must get to the store today. Didn't have enough of one ingredient for last night's planned meal which was frustrating. So I ate today's planned lunch for dinner! Sure wish I liked to cook.

Have a great day.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning. I'm up and out again today. Hoping to take tomorrow off and make it a 4 day weekend. It's Tim's birthday Friday and we want to do some hiking and gardening (yup, that passes for fun around here ) We might make an unplanned trip to Boston in search of a bird

Onward and over the hump!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

A quick hello as I'm sitting outside and am on a mission to get some outside stuff accomplished before mom and I head down to a greenhouse . It's officially Spring as I heard my first hummingbird as I was changing out tines on my mini tiller in the light of my back porch lol. I'm edging this morning and the lawn already needs mowing. This was a tough Winter for most of us and I'm ready to move on.

See y'all later and have a great day!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Didn't get to bed til late and so hard to wake up this morning, did my run and took the bus in to work today so I can cat nap on the way home versus falling asleep while driving.

We grilled last night and had yummy steak and I had salad instead of what everyone else had for a side and it was yummy too.

Gotta run my day is full of meetings! Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Today is busy. Going to dd tomorrow to babysit while she does a few things to get ready for a short holiday that she and hubby are taking. While she's away her mil will be looking after the grandsons
That's about it around here having a really hard time getting back to eating sb
Take care
Sophie
Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post

Linda I had to laugh at myself. I think I am confused about Susie. I thought she was your daughter. Am I mistaken? Regardless, I hope you help her find a good new place for her belongings.
Sorry for the confusion. Susie is the mother of my employer. Both his parents, who lived in the carriage house on the property, passed away within months of each other last year, and we've been busy sorting through their possessions and clearing out their house.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies. Busy day (as always) at school today but with Monday off it didn't feel like Hump Day. Love those short weeks!

My big excitement is the school nurse got a fitbit and it is my turn to try it out! I have been thinking of buying one and am very excited to try it out first.

Have a great evening, chicks!
Closed Thread