South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Where's That Wabbit Weekend Chat, 4/19-20

Good morning and Happy Easter Eve! The sun is shining in a clear blue sky and it's promising to be a glorious weekend.

I have my grocery list all ready and am getting ready to run to the store after my next cup of coffee, and I want to pick up some veggie seedlings at the garden nursery, too, and get them planted later today. Other than that, I'll be cooking and getting the house ready for tomorrow.

What's in your plans for the day?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! We had a rain storm pass through in the night and it is still cloudy here. It should clear up later. Today's plans are to wash my car and hit the grocery store. I finished raking the yard yesterday and today my arms are letting me know that was a lot of exercise!! My break is ending and I have just a few items left on my to do list.

Coffee time! Happy Saturday to Cottage and all the chicks to come!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I forgot I'll be staying at my SIL's house, and they have internet . It is a miserable day....looks like possible flooding while we're here.

Shhhh...it's my birthday! I won't tell the relatives, since they have no idea and I don't want them feeling guilty. I'm hoping to get out for a few minutes this afternoon, but we'll see. I'm sure we'll just be hanging out with granny and papa otherwise.

Enjoy the day, no matter what you're doing!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Thanks for the orthotics comments, chicks. My current thinking is to try an over-the-counter "custom" one first. But this week I'll be trying out new sandals I got - orthoheels. Since it is finally looking like a long stretch of spring!!! I even bought some crazy nail polish colors to paint my toes for the first time in so long I can't remember.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. I'm reading a book about the Boston Marathon Bombings. DH's family doesn't get together for Easter so tomorrow will be just another day for us. Not much else happening here.

Linda - I take Ambien every night I travel. A trick I learned from my mom. But it sure gets bad press now.

Cyndi - We haven't cooked lamb at home in ages but back in the day DH would just grill it with some season salt; the lamb flavor was enough. That's all I know.

Beth - Hope the store isn't too crowded with the holiday tomorrow. I might have to head out myself.

Tammy - So I'll whisper happy birthday.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are off to the garden center to look at plants for out new bed. Just wanted to do a Cricket update for those not on facebook. She is much better this morning. We brought her to the vet yesterday and they diagnosed probable acute pancreatitis.She spent the day with IV fluids and antibiotics then home with pain meds last night. Her biggest concern today is the lack of food in her dish Tim ended up taking today of to go back to the vet with us so we will turn it into a yard work/garden day.

Tammy - Happy birthday!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #6  

Don't say it too loudly, but -

It's TWYNNE'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are having a very Happy Birthday, Tammy!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #7  

I just wrote a nice chatty note and it was wiped out by the kids! How can they walk by and hit just the right thing to wipe something out? It is a special talent.

The summary was Happy Birthday Tammy!!!
Happy Easter to everyone!

Life has calmed down and should be more routine again. Time to start phase 1 for the 20th time this year.

I hope everyone's doing well and has a great spring.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just home after a very successful bake and book sale at the Town Hall. 7:30 to 5 is a long day!

Anyhow, it's a lovely evening and my BBQ started first try after sitting out there connected to the propane all winter. It's heating up and I have marinated pork tenderloin, onions and red peppers ready to grill. We'll have a simple supper of skewers, salad and wine. I even have a lovely organic loaf of bread which I just may have for "dessert". Spring is here officially.

Happy Easter everyone and a special big chocolate bunny to Tammy, the Birthday Girl!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday, Tammy!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy Birthday Tammy!!!!!! Hope your day was truly special, even if you kept it secret from your inlaws

Super bust work week. Nice weather equals a rise in crime (not good). Glad to be off tomorrow, but back in Monday Off Tuesday. Wednesday court (cha Ching) Thursday my regular work day. Then off for a week!!!! Whoo hoo!!!

Hope everyone who celebrates has a joyous Easter. We are off to my sister's tomorrow. Hope to get a descent bike ride in before we go. I better because the jelly beans did not make it into DS's Easter basket. Oops OK as a kid we were allowed to eat jelly beans with breakfast on Easter. Gee and I wonder why I struggle with eating LOL.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks everyone for your well wishes . DD finally admitted to my SIL last night it was my birthday, "oooh, Happy Birthday", and that was about it. Can I have a make up day next week? The one advantage is, no cooking or cleaning, just relaxing. I will also admit that I was sick half the afternoon, but I got an awesome nap!

Today is Easter, and my in-laws live-in assistant about begged me to go over there and cook with her, so that's what I'm doing. Making it a little more SBD friendly - making sweet potatoes and lima beans. We won't mention the corn or pineapple casserole . Anyone heard of Tom Thumb? Ewwwwww....glad there's ham too!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter whether you are a church goer or not!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #12  

HAPPY EASTER!

My DS got up extra early to whip up waffle batter and slice strawberries for everybody, so I have to have one. I don't want to hurt his feelings and start the day off on the wrong foot.

We're having our big dinner around 1pm today so my SIL can enjoy Easter with us, and her mother who lives in a nursing home. Jake is waiting for the dew to dry off the grass so he can get out and hide Easter eggs for the grandkids, and it's promising to be a glorious day.

Enjoy!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy Easter!

So I think I need a revisit to PH1. Again. What I really need to do is return to menu planning and cooking. I was getting rather lazy with convenience foods and the GF ones are less SBD friendly. And rather overeating fruits again. Sigh.

No plans here today. Unless you count the aforementioned menu planning!
Old 04-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy Easter Chickadees. Beautiful morning here too. Sleeping beat going for an early morning ride. Not sure what is on the menu today. Usually it is never very healthy, but it is a holiday so I get a free pass today.

It was two years ago the day after Easter I decided to give SB a whirl. So happy I did. My favorite part of my new way of living is all you girls
Old 04-20-2014, 08:01 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Joyous Easter to us all!

The weather is glorious! I went to the sunrise service at Charleston Lake. I've never done that on Easter but it seemed right. Unfortunately I had to opt out of the breakfast that followed since I'm on pancake flipping duty for 8 this morning. I hope it goes as well as yesterday's Bake/Book Sale at the Town Hall.

Enjoy your day with families and friends.
Closed Thread