South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally February 1 Friday SBD Chat

Good Morning

I'm up tackling paperwork so thought I'd get us started. PS I do see a nap in my future. I found out last eve that I'll be filling in next week for my co-worker so my busy workweek starts tomorrow morning.

What's on your agenda on this first day of February? Stop and chat
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning, Debbie, and hope that you get a good nap in today!

I have work this AM after getting the kiddos on the bus. I need to get some errands done (sam's!) and then hopefully a relaxing evening at home. Gratefully we have no plans today and tomorrow, but Sunday is full of fun things with church. Next weekend we have friends visiting with their 4 children, which will make for an interesting household .

Starting off my morning with some coffee, almost time to wake the kids up...
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it is a new month and I am trying (with some success) to work up some enthusiasm. For a short month, February always seems long to me, probably because of all the accounting paperwork. It's also usually our coldest and snowiest month as we get over the Hump.

Whew! No change in my eyes so I did not need to shell out for new glasses yesterday and did get a wee bit of grocery shopping done while in town. Avoided the Chinese Buffet because I wanted to get home fast and out of the terrible winds. Did make moules mariniere for dinner though and the salt in the mussels put my weight up a tad - not a great start to the month.

I'm off to the gym shortly - on my own since Donna is still away with her ill sister. After that I'll be chaining myself to the desk and computer and do some frassing data entry for the Mill. One of these days I need to go to the city to buy a stove and fridge for the renovated Town Hall kitchen but I'm waiting for the contractor to repaint the kitchen. He decided -on his own - to paint it a brilliant green and it's horrible. He's to repaint and tone it down to a pale green.

Into the shower I go. The sunrise is cold but beautifully clear. Nice start, Miss February!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a staff meeting day so I'm heading north 2 hours. I hate getting home so late on date night, but that's life for now.

Ruth - I agree, this month seems to drag on forever. I just hope we have some sun, that makes it a little easier. I'm going to two gardening workshops too. I don't need them but I need to think about my gardens

Debbie - Happy napping

Twynn - Enjoy that quiet cup of coffee

Time to get on with it. Happy Friday everyone
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

I knew it was coming fast but somehow I am still surprised that it is February! What would I do without this thread to tell me the date each day?!

Off to the gym with my mom, then quick turnaround to work for a few hours. Since I'm back on PH1 this week, I had to plan something in advance to take for lunch instead of just grabbing a sandwich as I'd been doing too often lately. Brrr cold here!

Have a great day.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Rainy dreary day here but I am glad it's Friday.
Instead of going down my scale has gone up again today which put me in a bad mood. But instead of sulking I worked out and am counting my calories the next few days to make sure I don't eat too much (like I did yesterday).
Off to get some work done and then have a quiet night in with my husband and our two cats.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! I've had 2 cups of coffee by now and am buzzing I've portioned out a week's worth of stewp and it's in the freezer, plus one for today. Got my veggie strips and my snacks (almonds; and yogurt/Lemon jello) ready for my day.

Today's my Monday Another day of working for someone who sees me trying to take a few bites of lunch between customers, and finds a task for me to do RIGHT THEN He sucks

Hope everyone has a great, on-program day! Yay to nina for not letting the number on the scale get you mad.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

February is off to a cold and snowy start in these parts, but at least January is over and we're closer to spring.

We moved Mom into respite for a week to give Dad a much needed break, and when she comes home I'll be staying with her at nights. So I may not be in here as much for the next few weeks since Mom & Dad don't have internet, but I'll post when I can.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Debbie you certainly are an early riser!!

Ruth, glad you are getting to the gym and I hope Donna and her family are holding their own, so sad

Tammy enjoy your downtime this weekend. Today is the only day I do not have plans.

CyndiM I too hate getting home so late. Hope you and your SO can still have date night no matter how late

Karen good luck with P1 and I also use the thread as a calendar lol

Nina don't let the scale psych you out. Daily fluctuations are normal. Watch your water too. Sometimes not enough causes a little gain.

SO happy to only be running errands today. I went to the PBA meeting last night and glad I did. The officer from my job who was severely injured this summer spoke to the membership. Very moving to say the least. Also, he received "cop of the year" award (rightfully so).

My stomach is still letting me know I made it angry yesterday. Will be good today. Tomorrow night dinner with friends, not at a SB friendly place. I am going to study the menu again today to have a plan. Sunday I will not be OP. DS's birthday and he wants to go to breakfast, ok at noon, but teenagers sleep at least until then Rather than make or buy a cake, I think we will just enjoy a special dessert out (no further temptation for me) and he can enjoy whatever he likes. I do have to get him back to his dad's in time for kick off. I will try to watch some of the game, but will be in bed early for work on Monday.

Have a happy Friday
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Holly, what is stewp?

Cottage, hugs to you. Thinking of you and your family.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's cold outside, 8 degrees brrr bus commute a bit chilly.

Cottage to you

Sounds like everyone else is doing well, I have got to get caught up on laundry this weekend as I am going out of town to conference on Monday, I am going to Savannah, GA and the weather looks nice even though I will be inside all the time it will be a nice change and no one from my family is coming so I get some alone time for a couple of days.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 02-01-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning (technically still!)!

I woke up early because the maintenance guys were supposed to come early like they did yesterday. Um, that's a negative.

UGH

Snowy and cold here. DW gets off a plane at midnight back into town and has no jacket. Do I drive the 45 minutes on bad frozen roads to get her or let her metro and go get her down the block?

Happy Friday!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197//135

Height: 5'1"

today is going good. i've been doing everything except what i wanted to do, but it's ok, stuff that needs to get done anyway! i just had lunch and actually enjoyed my salad today, was surprised LOL. which is definately a good thing! We are going to go for a bike ride later to the library! i hope my 6 year old who is still learning to ride his two wheeler does well! it is about 2 1/2 miles one way, so hopefully he can hack it! It will help me get to my ride my bike goal for the week!!!
Closed Thread