South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's Weekend Beach Chat - April 14 & 15

Good morning. Coffee this morning is French Vanilla so grab a mug. I'll make tea too if you wish.

I guess the excitement of the car situation yesterday wiped me out because I made my excuses to Book Club and hit bed at nine. Woke to Jazz's crying at 5:30 and felt pretty rested so I guess I needed an early night.

It's supposed to be sunny today so I plan to spend most of my time outside. A friend is coming over to get my 3-tier plant stand and grow lights. She is very keen to start more plants indoors. Technically we are not safe in this garden zone to plant things like tomatoes and peppers until the end of May. I stopped using this stand when I started to work in the greenhouse and got good plants free and know I'll never get back to that again. Christina will keep me supplied with starts, I'm sure.

The two curators are now back working full-time at the Mill Office. We will open for the Maple Syrup Festival next weekend. I have a list of phone calls to make re baking donations for our bake sale. I'll be at the Mill all day Saturday and serving pancakes and sausages at the Fair Hall Sunday morning so it'll be a big weekend. We have a Mad Hatter Tea Party planned for the May long weekend which should be fun. I am trying not to get too involved in that although I have donated fabric for the tea table skirts. Yes, I'm busy but "it keeps me off the streets and out of the pool halls".

Time for a proper breakfast. I skipped it yesterday and felt really woozy on the treadmill at the gym. Breakfast IS important even if you don't feel hungry ... I keep telling myself! (Too bad Self doesn't always listen.)

Enjoy your weekend whatever you do.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started this morning. I'm glad you listened to your body yesterday and got some extra rest. I've already had my coffee and smoothie and I'm off to work soon.

Have a great day/weekend everyone!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth, lol @ keeping you off the streets Hello Lexxishope you have a good day.

Had such a nice sunny day yesterday!! Still slightly cool but comparatively warm, high of 56. Today supposed to be 62 and partly sunny, still sounds fantastic. DH and I want to be on our motorcycles for at least part of the day

Had the best lunch yesterday..egg substitute, refried beans, one laughing cow rf wedge, a little low carb ketchup..yum for me

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #4  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks! Nice and sunny here today too. We're driving across the state today to meet my parents for lunch and it looks like it's going to be a great day for a drive.

Holly - you'd asked about my avatar - it's a celtic triple spiral representing the triple goddess (maiden, mother, crone). I really want it for my next tattoo but I'm having a hard time deciding where I want it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Speaking of chicks, the girl at work brought in a bunch of eggs, fresh off her in-laws farm. Everyone says they taste better (I don't like eggs a whole lot), but I thought I'd try them. Honestly, they don't taste a whole lot different, but the yolk is SOOOO yellow, it's almost flourescent!! Gotta have more nutrients in that!

I'm off to work (good gracious, my last saturday for a couple of weeks), then piddlin' around the house.

I'm off!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Ruth all that talk of gardening is a bit depressing here. I have so much cleaning up to do. We are planning to get rid of some beds and go into container gardening more.

Debbie - have a good day at work.

Holly - it must be so nice in Vermont right now.

Kelly - enjoy lunch with your parents, and your avatar is interesting.

Twynn - I once had very fresh eggs from a farm and really tasted the difference. enjoy your day.

me - well, I finally achieved something that has been looming over me for a while. Finally, finished weaving five very long runners. Its been on my loom forever and sure feels good. Now to clean my studio and put on the next project. Also, this is the weekend we celebrate Easter and I have some preps to do for Easter breakfast. Have a nice weekend everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning chicks!

Sounds like it will be nice almost everywhere, including here! DW is going to go get my bike tuned up so we can go for a ride tomorrow. Today will be spent updating my resume with the windows open and a trip to the gym (on Ph1 today!). Oh, and a nap. It's been a rough week.

Twynn - I wanna see fluorescent yellow eggs!
Shoph- congrats on finishing
Kelly -
Debbie - have a fantabulous day!
Ruth - I'd pay to see a picture of you in the pool hall!!!

Cyndi - you are in my thoughts every day!

Have a good one all. Will check in later.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kelly - How big do you want to get it? I think that's awesome. Maybe outer ankle? Or if smaller, inner wrist? I waited until last year to start collecting tats, and could see how one could become COMPLETELY covered if they really wanted to! Fortunately, I'm good with sticking to things that are most important in my life.

I got my first two in June 2011 - purple dolphins swimming around my ankle (I had wanted for over 10 years.... I love dolphins and the ocean!) and the Irish Gaelic word for "Lovely" on my inner wrist. There is a song by Sara Haze called "Lovely" and it's a constant reminder to myself that I am lovely the way I am, and don't need to change who I am for anybody.

My most recent one I had done last month, and it's a Celtic cross (left upper back.) My father was so disappointed when I got my first tattoos (you're defiling your body, God made you the perfect canvas, blahblahblah-religious-Dad-stuff) but my mom was most disappointed that I didn't get a Celtic cross like my brother did, so I promised her that's what my next one would be.

Otherwise I want to get one representing Reiki and one representing music, and then I'm done! At least until something else life-altering happens.

Still trying to plan the grocery trip for tomorrow... getting ready for our nephew's birthday party tonight. Ready to be back on track!

Hope everyone's having a great Saturday! (Cyndi)

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cross.jpg (27.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Dolphins.jpg (18.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (19.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by weezle; 04-14-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Wow I actually get to post. . .work keeps me psycho pants so I'm lucky if I get to the OP thread!
Lisa They are Beautifull!!!! Part of me wants one but I have to think of somewhere that won't sag when I'm 80!
Ruth Breakfast is the most important meal! Do people wear hats for the Mad Hatter? I wanna go! LOL I bet you get into a lot of trouble on the streets
Hi Debbie
Holly your lunch sounds yum!! Makes me want to make a Southwest quiche! I'm envious of your motorcycle(in a good way) I've always wanted to ride one but I'm chicken
Kelly J I was once in a biker tattoo parlor to get a Triskele tatooed but they wanted to make it a lot bigger than I wanted and my Irish mom would have removed it from my body personally without laser
Twynn I bought the cage free 4 grain fed eggs and I couldn't get over how yellow the eggs were!
Sophie How much room does a loom take up? I love knitting and have an extreme yarn addiction so that might be a fun toy
Jenn Rough over here too There's been some girl scout cookie damage

I'm making my meal plan for the week and hitting the grocery like a hurricane. I've been successful loss wise but I need to re cleanup my eating b/c it's been hard to get back to clean eating after easter but I don't want 1 week to slide into a month
Tonight we're going to see the hunger games (yay) and have dinner at Red Robin.
Kierie
Old 04-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I will chime in...i've got 2 tattoos, with two more to come:

The first I got 4 days before I turned 30. It's the star sign for libra, with what I like to call "some gay" thrown around it:

the second is a cat:
Old 04-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #11  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Jen & Lisa - thanks for sharing your art - they're beautiful!. I have a dolphin I got on my back 10+ years ago that I still like but this one means more to me so I'd like it to be more visible to me on a daily basis. I'm thinking about the size of a quarter either on the inside of my wrist, top of my foot, or on my ankle. Nervous about the pain though and if I go with the wrist will I regret it in 30 years? LOL - been thinking about this for almost TWO years and still can't decide!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Jenn - LOL ahhh. Love your description of your first tat. I literally laughed out loud. Love them!

Kelly - Very cool, girl! Inside of the wrist didn't hurt like I thought it would, and wasn't NEAR as ouchie as my ankle. Considering top of the foot for my next one, but have heard mixed reviews on pain. May do my music one on the top right side of my back and wrap around on the top front of my shoulder... Just have to see. It'll be next year before I can afford another, since I'm paying for a wedding this year. Sigh.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It was wonderful to wake to the summer alarm this morning - the loons are back and doing their morning fly-over. It was 6:30 this morning but gets earlier as the season unfolds. I always feel so at home when they fly over - memories from childhood summers on the Island. I also got my first mosquito bite of the season!

Today was supposed to be a day of rain but the forecast has changed and we are to have sun and 72ºF today with 80º tomorrow. These are way above the usual temps for us but they will drop again on Tuesday. The garden is very dry but I may be able to persuade neighbour Moel to put out the pump this week. (Just typed in pimp but caught it so I guess he can stay! )

Church is in Athens this morning at 10:30 but I may play hooky and work on some plant splitting. The upcoming week is packed with Mill and Fair stuff because of the Syrup Festival and I also have pet therapy two days plus baking for the sale and sandwiches for the workers on Sunday. Guess I'd better get it in gear.

Have a super Sunday whatever you do.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning! That cat tattoo...now, that's my style!! Hmmm...

They persuaded me to be the neuter doc today at the spay/neuter (cat) clinic, so I leave shortly for that. DH wants to go to the arboretum for ideas for landscaping after that, but I have to make snacks for bible study tonight sometime. (what to make? what to make?)

Coffee is ready!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Jenn Gorgeous art!! I want the kitty!
I didn't get to the store yesterday so thats #1 on the agenda today.The Hunger Games was awesome last night Dinner at Panera was not OP neither were the Junior mints I scarfed at the movie. DH is staining the Screened in porch today I will post pics of our bower of serenity when it's done
Off to wake the sleeping Giant!
Closed Thread