South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, March 20 and ...

... it's the First Day of Spring! Now I can believe this lovely weather we've been having. The birds certainly believe it as they are singing up a storm outside right now trying to convince the sun to get up before the scheduled 7:05. We are in a pea-soup fog which will take a while to burn off but it's magical out there. Temps are to be in the high 70s the rest of the week.

I didn't go back for a nap yesterday but just ploughed through the day and went to bed before nine. A good solid ten hours of sleep did wonders. Right now I have the laundry done (cheaper rates before 7) and a load of sheets out on the line. Claire and I do The Good Food Box this morning and Jazz and I visit the nursing home this afternoon. This IS that day I will plant those peas in the raised bed which has to be thawed by now.

I'm ready for Spring. Bring it on! (I guess I should pack away those Christmas garlands that are still on the front porch. It's time for afternoon tea out there.)

How is the world treating you this morning? Come and chat a bit.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie, and those to come. My weather is pretty much like yours on this first day of Spring, including starting the day with a dense pea-soup fog. It's already 57* outside.

The girls and I went to a nursery after school yesterday and bought several flats of pansies, some for them and some for me. I got all mine planted in the pots on the front steps when I got home, and hung up a gorgeous basket of pansies, too. Now it really looks like Spring out there! This afternoon, I'll plant Cindy's pansies if the girls haven't already done it. In this 70* weather, I want to be outside as much as possible.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, it's supposed to get up to 80 around here today. what a start for spring

Just a fly-by on the way to appointments this morning. Hope the sun is shining where you are!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Another rainy day here. I go into work this evening. I'll have to eat dinner very early and I guess I'll pack a healthy snack to eat in the car on the way home so I don't hit the house starving. I've got some niggles to work on today at home; it's going to be another rainy one here.

Have a great day, all. BBL
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
How is the world treating you this morning? Come and chat a bit.
Good Morning, Ruth Thanks for getting us started on this first day of Spring! The world is treating me just fine this morning. I did sleep in (4:15) so we have streamlined our morning ritual. We enjoyed two cups of coffee outdoors, it's pretty nice out. I'm dressed and enjoying my breakfast smoothie while I catch up with everyone.

Have a great OP day beachers! I've got to get my work food in the bag but other than that I'm ready to go.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I went and voted this morning to get it out of the way. I definitely feel like Spring today, got some weeding in last night as well though I did poke my finger with a thorn that I didn't realize was still there until last night getting ready for bed, just thought it hurt a lot lol.

Tonite is Awana and that is about it. Have a great day everyone
Old 03-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Our DS woke us up at 5:15 - "my alarm went off, why are YOU NOT AWAKE YET?!?!"....um, because you set it an hour too early!?!? But, it gave me a chance to finish the moroccan tagine, boil the beans for black bean salad, make a fabulous spinach salad for lunch, get supper in the crock pot, and go on a run. WHOO HOO...now for a packed day at work. At least I have some energy, right?!? (I might need that cup o' coffee this afternoon....)

Have a great one!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 251.5/248/175

Height: 5 ft. 3.5 inches

Good morning ladies. I am new to the Beach, but wanted to jump in and say hello. It's going to be 84 here today and I am heading to the gym in a few minutes...I am planning to plant some caladiums (sp) today around my pergola in the back yard. I just chopped my ratatouille veggies and put them in the crockpot for dinner. I was excited to find the recipe as it is all veggies that are ok for Phase 1. This is my third day on the first phase, and I love this program so far. I can LIVE with this program the rest of my life.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I am looking forward to becoming a regular part of these boards.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/152/125

Height: 5'2''

Hi! This is my first post but I am glad to have found this website. I have been on the South Beach diet for almost a month. I didn't stick with Phase 1 perfectly, but I am still doing well.
I am enjoying looking around this site and getting encouragement from so many others' successes!
Have a great day y'all!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1.5"

Welcome, RedHead!

Twynn, the tagine sounds AWESOME.

I haven't had a chance to read the back posts, just checking in! Karen, I do remember that you got the job you were hoping for, right before I went out of town. Congrats! I hope it's going well for you.

I had a good time on the cruise; totally fell off the wagon though!! The food was not the high point of the trip and for some reason, I have a terrible habit of overeating on food that isn't top notch, it's like I just keep eating more and more, hoping I'll eventually get that 'aah' feeling. And it never comes, so I just eat more. Oh well, the scale doesn't show any damage and I'm enjoying having my own kitchen and being back on SB, so no harm, no foul!

I had planned on going back to P1 for a week or so, but I think of fruit as a really cleansing food, whether or not that's true, and I was really feeling the need for some fruit after eating so much sodium and junk food on my trip. So I decided to go on and start back at P2. I went shopping, got a big honeydew melon, got all my SB staples, made a pot of minestrone. So no excuses! I have another trip coming up in a week and a half, so I don't have any time to spare!

Oh and I only put on my new bikini one time.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tiffany and RedHead! We're happy to have you on board and look forward to getting to know you.

MissusTaterHead, welcome back from your cruise! Where are you going next?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1.5"

Cottage, thank you! Next I'm going to visit my Dad in St. Augustine. I actually got to see him for a few minutes on my way to the ship last week, which was really nice.

Tiffany, I meant to welcome you, too...welcome! I love SB; I have been doing it for almost 2 months and have never felt better!!
Closed Thread