South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Chat, Friday Feb. 17

Good Morning

Figured I'd get us started since Ruth and Linda are probably busy chatting in Delta this morning....

It's Friday and it seems that February is just flying by! We went to bed early last eve and are now drinking coffee and waiting for the sunrise.lol Mom has a meeting in Denver at noon and Bing has an appointment at a vet clinic where they clean cats/dogs teeth without anesthesia. Fortunately, they don't charge if he doesn't go for it but they say they have a magic touch. We'll see. I haven't decided if we'll eat out for lunch, if so, probably Whole Foods. I had a perfect OP day yesterday and would like to see several more. It's now less than 12 weeks until our trip to Alaska.

What's everyone up to today? Stop by and chat

from yesterday…..

Jenn, glad you don't need surgery!

sophie, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Samantha, kudos for even thinking about joining a gym! We all start somewhere!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-17-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning wow you are up early Debbie Is Bing a cat or dog? I hope the appt. goes smoothly and you have a nice 'on program' lunch at Whole Foods.

Hello to all the beachers here!!

I just had my 'weekend' so back to work for me. Today will be the start of the President's Week madness (ski resort town). It will be better now that I have KICKED the sugar/empty carb cravings/headaches/crankiness and can subside on good whole foods

I hope its OK to attach a pic of our dog Eddie, the one who is afraid of the drum set...found out that he also is afraid of the mylar balloon I brought home for our older son's b-day, poor guy we had to hide the balloon so Eddie could get a good night's sleep
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eddie.jpg (25.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! You're right Debbie, I bet there's a lot of chatting in the delta this morning!

Sounds like you have a busy busy day going. Is it a vet clinic you're bringing Bing to? Most vets don't advocate non-anesthetic dentistry, you just can't do the job the right way (LOL...let's stick a probe in there!). How long do you get to stay in Alaska on your trip?! I'm so jealous!!

Sitting here with a little boy looking over my shoulder....I have to get them to the bus shortly, then making a batch of ham and bean soup. Mmmmmmm. I'm hoping to get a run in after work, I just started back after 5 weeks off running, and it's going okay so far. I really need to remember to make that appt with a PT...

The coffee is great this morning....how is everyone else!??!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Fly by this morning We are off for a bunch of med. appointments including another treatment for DW. I'll be back later from the plasma lab

Happy Friday Chicks & patience and extra humor to Holly for the week! I worked resort child care when I first moved to Vermont, it was interesting.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from soggy Delta. Linda says we do have more snow than PA but it looks pretty sparse to me. Her plane was on time yesterday morning and we connected although I did not have my cell phone. A leisurely drive to Delta with a stop for lunch and then home to two very excited dogs.

Today? Right now it's coffee and then we'll figure out our day. I seem to have a bad cold after not having one for years and will try to work in a nap before crazy book club tonight.

Hope your TGIF is as fun as ours will be.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1.5"

Good morning everyone...

Ruth, you guys have a great time!

Have a good run, Twynn. I love to run but stopped running last fall and never started again. I have a lot of trouble with one of my knees from playing soccer, and my last running season I was really afraid it was finally going to give out on me. But the winter has been so mild, I really need to get myself started again. I love 5Ks, I love it when everyone takes off in a pack, it is so motivating! I'm not speedy, but it is just fun! And the spring races will be starting before long.

Vermont, Eddie is so cute and I love the look on his face in that pic!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Jenn - Yeah for your good news!

Debbie - I never think to eat at Whole Foods. (I'm not counting my sampling as I walk along, mind you.)

Holly and Cyndi - My oldest (at school in PA) is heading to Vermont with friends over spring break. Skiing and other stuff.

Twynn - Yum. Hope you get the run in.

Ruth - I wish you would post pictures!! Hope you feel better soon.

Tater -

Good news, bad news... I heard back about the job. That was good because I was so stressed out waiting. The bad news is that she is holding out for someone with experience. The good news is that she has not rejected me and will keep me in mind if she can't find what she wants. (I'll take it! I don't care if I'm second choice!) More good news is that I can use the next couple of weeks to maybe finally shed my holiday and not-able-to-do-cardio extra few pounds so if I get the job I can buy clothes in the size I want! Bad news - I am fighting a cold. I am convinced this job stress is what brought it on; I haven't had one in, hmm, over a year I think. I'm giving credit to my green tea

Off to the gym shortly with my mom. Then errands. Then the house to myself for the afternoon.

Now to take some Airborne...
Old 02-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Karen - crossing fingers for ya
Holly - my cats are scared of the mylar balloons DW gives me for EVERY holiday! They love the string that's attached to though so it's hysterical to see them freak out when they go to chew on it and the balloon makes a news.

Hope everyone has a nice day today! I drove DW to the Metro this morning - the first time I've driven in 3 weeks! Felt good. Might go food shopping as well, but after our friend comes to clean the house. And after some coffee. Trying to get back into the swing of normal eating too and on-plan food helps
Closed Thread