South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm ready to head back to bed myself. Just barely halfway through the work day.... at least I get a lunch break here shortly!

How's everyone doing so far in 2012? So far, so good for me. Most of you know that I'm a habitual weigher, so I know I'm down 4 lbs from Jan 1, but I'm not counting anything until WI Day. (We all know how the weekends can make or break my weight loss....)

So I am not really going with the "resolution" thing this year, just more like... with family history of heart disease and recent reality check with my dad (he just got a pacemaker put in at 65) I'm going back to eating right. I don't care if Chris won't eat right so it costs more to buy double the food. Chris agrees since my dad already is having issues that I probably need to take care of myself, strengthen my heart, etc.

So yeah, eating right for health, not weight loss this year. And forever. I'm not going to lie and say I won't be having an occasional indulgence, but I figure one day of eating off-plan every so often is MUCH better than one day of eating ON-plan every so often. Right?

The other thing I did (and am outright admitting it....) I bought my first pair of compression pants for running, and bought a new pair of running shoes. I thought about it, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of my closest girlfriends runs or is starting to run this year. So, starting next week, I'm going to be running on Tues, Thurs, Sat (and possibly Sun,) and doing workout DVD's on the off days. Here's the other thing. I'll be running OUTSIDE. In the COLD. This is what makes me nervous, but don't want a gym membership, so I suppose I'm going to have to face the elements, suck it up, put on my big girl panties and do it. Anna's mom (I call her my "Baby Mama" ) is going to run with me, and I have another friend that will run with me on weekends that she doesn't have her daughter.

I'm very excited, yet still super scared because I REALLY HATE being cold. Like, if it's cooler than 75 indoors or outdoors, I'm freezing. Chris keeps the heat set at 70 in our house most of the time, and I typically wear a long sleeved shirt with a fleece long sleeved hoodie over it, fleece pants, and socks, and am still cold. Sooooo.... yeah we'll see how it goes. Not making it a resolution, just really going to try because I need to strengthen my heart. I sleep 8-9 hours a night, get up, sit in my car on the way to work, sit on my butt in my cube for 8 hours, sit in my car on the way home, and then sit on my butt all night. There's no reason I can't take an hour out of my evening to take care of myself.

So anyhoozle, I hope everyone else is well. I made all of that public so you all can hold me accountable.... still haven't posted it to FB yet. I'm still afraid.

Have a great OP day!

Lisa
Old 01-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #17  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Lisa - I love that you and Anna's mom have such a good relationship.
Are your big girl panties insulated? You're a braver woman than me, that's for sure.

Hello everyone. Still at the hospital. DW has been sleeping a lot and I don't touch type so no posting in the dark

It's crazy cold here today. I have Raynaud's and just can't keep my fingers warm in this weather. It's no fun. Guess that's what happens when you live in Vermont! I'm glad there's stew to heat up when I get home tonight.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

Cyndi - a King Cake is traditionally served on Epipaphany or 12th night. It symbolizes the three wise men "recognizing" Jesus. Usually there is a bean or a little plastic baby or king baked into the cake and if you get the slice with the bean/baby/king, you may have a set of obligations, i.e. to make the King Cake the following year or host the Epiphany party the following year. Epiphany continues until Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras), the season of Lent begins the next day.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 01-04-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #19  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Cyn - I love Anna's mom. She's become one of my very best friends over the last couple of years. Very cool girl. And if they make insulated big girl panties, then I'm going to need them! Delaying the running because A) Baby Mama has sprained tendons in her foot and is off til next week, and B) My running shoes won't be here until next week. Those are kind of important.

But I'm going to really try to do it! I swear!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #20  

Happy Day/Evening to all! I'm new, so I feel silly chatting, but I'll never get to know you if I don't start somewhere.

Today is day 2 for me. I am so thankful to read about your every day lives and your struggles and victories. I find them more inspirational than the stories in the SBD book because it shows that despite the elements or tragedies there are people who are sticking with their eating regimen. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Weezle - I'll take running in the cold any day over the treadmill! I had to do TM today, since I didn't have time before the kids came home...ICK!! Anyway, I bought a pair of winter tights on sierratradingpost.com, they are FANTASTIC!!! They were actually too warm in the 37 degree run, but cozy at the 25 degree run!! WOO HOO!!

I poked in this am, but the thread started late, then went ca-razy! It's been an okay kinda day...i resisted temptation at work at one of my weak times (a long dental always drains me!).
Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for explaining the King Cake tradition, Mathilda. The only thing I will add is that any King Cake I've ever had was a large, dry, not-so-yummy cinnamon roll. They are beautifully decorated. There is a new bakery that makes them out of donuts. I'm very thankful that bakery is 500 miles away.

Weezle, Running... There is not enough sport bra.

PearlRose, Hope you feel better soon!

Twynn, Did you GO to the dentist or were YOU the dentist?

Auston goes back to school tomorrow. Yay!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Help!!! I'm detoxing pretty bad and I'm not sure the best way to handle it. I'm nauseous, diarrhea, fatigue. I feel like I have the flu but I think it might just be detox. I'm on day 2 of phase 1
Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Maybe it is actually the flu, I can't tell
Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Welcome, Cheerful!!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #26  

Thanks, southmplsgirl.

ABue 1, I am also on day 2. I am not feeling as ill as you are, so I'm thinking you have the flu. In either case, I hope you feel better.
Closed Thread